Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 11:44 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It makes no sense Gulfer. The trying period is when you finally announce you are evicting them and they then get lots of time to tear up the place if they are going to. I think the real pattern is very few people actually stay around after the decision to walk. Live goes on.

I still see weird things rather than planned stuff. Just apparently got foreclosed on a listing where they refused to look at a short sale because they had the guy set up for a loan modification. The seller is not remotely interested. So they are telling me they won't sell the property while some other department is foreclosing. I find this out when they change the locks.

So they likely bit off an extra 20K or 30K and another couple of months because they don't talk internally. Ah well.
I think everyone in this thread arguing the bank's intentions and whatnot need to pay very close attention to the bold passage. I think that many of you are giving the banks entirely too much credit. The assumption that they are organized enough to conspire with all of the other lending institutions to pull off some huge plot to keep pricing stable, when the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing between one lender's departments, is either extremely naive or very conspiratorial. Either way, the simplest explanation is the most likely one, that explanation being that the banks are simply too inept to do anything in a smooth and timely fashion (anyone that has gotten a mortgage with a large national lender lately will likely attest to that) coupled with the fact that they are simply overwhelmed with REO transactions, foreclosing of homes, short sales, loan modifications, and of course new mortgage origination. They are seriously understaffed due to the economy and their work load has quadrupled in the last 2 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 01:49 PM

55 posts, read 44,811 times
Three or four Banks make up a large percentage of foreclosures. Wells Fargo, Duetche Bank, and Bank of America (Countrywide) all come to mind. The words "collude," and "conspire," come to mind also.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by changyai View Post
Three or four Banks make up a large percentage of foreclosures. Wells Fargo, Duetche Bank, and Bank of America (Countrywide) all come to mind. The words "collude," and "conspire," come to mind also.
Shoot I would be impressed all to hell if the BofA Asset management operation could manage to cooperate with the BofA Modificaton operation and them with the BofA foreclosure operation. And that is too much too hope for...

Old 08-29-2009, 10:39 PM

And if you are only doing REO (and no short), you will have eliminated the need to deal with two of them. 93 days until November 30.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
And if you are only doing REO (and no short), you will have eliminated the need to deal with two of them. 93 days until November 30.
And if you don't do REOs as well you can forget about the banks altogether.

So what?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 PM

So then you won't be wasting 300 Dollars per day flying out here and looking at properties that are being "sold" by someone, who does not own them. Avoiding the banks altogether would be the easiest, but not most cost effective. The REO process isn't real easy, but that's where you will get value.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
So then you won't be wasting 300 Dollars per day flying out here and looking at properties that are being "sold" by someone, who does not own them. Avoiding the banks altogether would be the easiest, but not most cost effective. The REO process isn't real easy, but that's where you will get value.

In my view better value from shorts. Just harder to do. The cost of the front end is small in the overall deal.

One way to solve the conundrum is buy short blind until you get an acceptance then fly out.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:13 PM

That is sound advice. Especially if you are currently in a suitable home. Rattle their cages, and see who comes out to deal. However, a "deal" on a short, and bank approval/closing are two different matters.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
That is sound advice. Especially if you are currently in a suitable home. Rattle their cages, and see who comes out to deal. However, a "deal" on a short, and bank approval/closing are two different matters.
Acceptance on a short is bank approval. Seller agreement is also needed but of course much easier to get. One does not fly on a short until the bank approves.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:15 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Where do you get these misinterpretations? I don't care what the market does. It is fine with me now. I get my business from referrals and investors looking at the low end. I would just assume it stay like it is...particularly at the high volume.

The only thing I am changing is I have begun to look for listings again...but mostly because the sellers are getting more rational. Still way too many shorts though for that side of the business to do much before spring.
Misrepresentations? hahaha. It seems like you've recently been gifted with a big dose of reality. We haven't heard much of that "REO inventory is running out" nonsense for awhile now. None of the "time to jump on the train before it leaves the station." It seems like there was plenty of time after all.

Present trends can not continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas