Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,856 times

Advertisements

This pretty much covers what is going on with the foreclosure lawsuit. It's going to take 3 yrs and who knows really what it's going to do for inventory or prices. Banks will continue to control the flow of inventory and in turn controls the prices. And anyone that has a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac loan is exepmt from this. Most of the loans here were GSE loans.

Critics call foreclosure settlement ‘a slap in face’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
There was a story about that here in Iowa last night. $1 billion for Iowa. The largest slice of the pie? It goes to the state.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:40 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,477,101 times
In case anyone doesn't know this, for those looking to see what these sale prices buy here in Las Vegas, here is a listing of homes sold a couple of weeks ago.

Resale Homes Report: Existing homes sold: Jan. 25-31 - Real Estate - ReviewJournal.com

Note the parcel number then go the Assessor's website and select from the menu on the left "Property Records"

Record Search

Choose search by parcel number, enter it and then the description, ownership and particulars about the property will display. You can select "aerial" view on there as well and get a good idea of where the house is located in the valley. Go even further and note the address, then Google Earth it.

Great tools to use in your search!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Here is a good article that come out today:

"For Nevada, things aren’t going well. Its already dismal economy and housing situation are still getting worse. Nevada didn’t experience a glut of foreclosures last year because the state has a particularly lengthy foreclosure process."

States with the most homes in foreclosure - Yahoo! Real Estate

Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 AM

I wanted to share this youtube video regarding the new law that passed that could cause many problems for not only banks but also buyers and future sellers.

Is it Safe to buy a home in Las Vegas in 2012? - YouTube

Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,477,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Here is a good article that come out today:

"For Nevada, things aren’t going well. Its already dismal economy and housing situation are still getting worse. Nevada didn’t experience a glut of foreclosures last year because the state has a particularly lengthy foreclosure process."

States with the most homes in foreclosure - Yahoo! Real Estate
A gal pal of mine has a neighbor on her street (Providence Master Plan) who decided to foreclose on their property, the wife and her hubby split up and they are way underwater on their home. She moved out, rented a small house nearby and he's been living in the house two years now this March, only paying utilities, sewer and HOA dues.

Has not been told by BofA (their mortgage holder) to evict at all.

He is putting the money he would have paid his mortgage with away in savings and when he does have to evict, he'll have a nice down payment on another home is what he told my friend he's doing. So yeah, I can agree with this article. How many others in foreclosure are still in their homes without any threat of having to vacate?

Last edited by MomMom; 02-14-2012 at 11:38 AM..

Old 02-14-2012, 12:42 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
A gal pal of mine has a neighbor on her street (Providence Master Plan) who decided to foreclose on their property, the wife and her hubby split up and they are way underwater on their home. She moved out, rented a small house nearby and he's been living in the house two years now this March, only paying utilities, sewer and HOA dues.

Has not been told by BofA (their mortgage holder) to evict at all.

He is putting the money he would have paid his mortgage with away in savings and when he does have to evict, he'll have a nice down payment on another home is what he told my friend he's doing. So yeah, I can agree with this article. How many others in foreclosure are still in their homes without any threat of having to vacate?
At my former job, my coworker also told me of her neighbors who also are living in their houses rent free and have for years. I guess people figure why pay the mortgage if you do not have to.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:09 AM

Here is the latest on what is happened with home values in Las Vegas 2011.

Anyone purchasing in this market needs to purchase with the mind set they are in for the long haul. If a buyer isn't capable to do that financially then that buyer shouldn't be looking at purchasing at all. Until the Vegas economy does a big turnaround Vegas real-estate and the surrounding area's is going to be a bumpy ride.

Las Vegas home values dip for second straight year

Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 AM

Even if your not in the market for a new home this article address's how resale homes are putting downward pricing for Vegas new homes due to the glut of resale's that are sitting in the shadows waiting to be released as well as what is released for sale.

I am seeing more primary home owners purchase new over resale due to all the problems with the resale homes as well as difficulty dealing with sellers. Investors usually won't look at new however I am seeing some of them looking at new over resale as well. Especially the investor that wants only one or two properties to rent out v/s the investor that purchase many properties.

Las Vegas new-home sales report gloomy

Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,161,845 times
^^^
Comment from one of the articles above.

Quote:
only city in the history of the world to lead in unemployment and population growth
I wonder how true this is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas