Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:34 AM

373 posts, read 348,499 times

Advertisements

Vegas more than checks off every single
Thing I would look for in a city ammenities , weather , cheaper col, and stikl have outdoor rec .

But as it does for thousands of others , and now with the professional sports teams comming in and legal marijuana , how long does vegas have before there's a housing shortage and rent skyrockets to unaffordable prices like Socal, pnw, Denver austin etc ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 01:10 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,113,556 times
With the inundation of Californian liberals on top of the myriad liberals already here I'd say 5-7 years as long as the economy doesn't crash.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:33 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,625,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
With the inundation of Californian liberals on top of the myriad liberals already here I'd say 5-7 years as long as the economy doesn't crash.
Las Vegas has tons of land. So that will keep prices at a lower level provided there is sufficient water.

Your response is correct. Nevada is pretty outstanding due to no state income tax, low cost of living and entertainment, and a part time legislature. Democrats have already proposed a state income tax and a full time legislature. I hope the current residents wake up and consider why the state they live in is so fantastic.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Las Vegas has tons of land. So that will keep prices at a lower level provided there is sufficient water.

Your response is correct. Nevada is pretty outstanding due to no state income tax, low cost of living and entertainment, and a part time legislature. Democrats have already proposed a state income tax and a full time legislature. I hope the current residents wake up and consider why the state they live in is so fantastic.

What are the chances the income tax is implemented ?

Damn liberals ruining great cities . I'm pretty neutral but statistics show all our expensive cities are heavy liberal with housing crisis

So if I wait another year to move it should still be okay ?

Old 01-31-2018, 04:37 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,026,930 times
If we had had powerful, anti-development California-style Nimby's and historic preservationists, years ago, housing prices here would be as high as L.A.

What would slow things down here considerably would be an earthquake, as too many that move here think they're out of the earthquake zone.

Don't know how they've figured it, but the maximum Quake we can expect here should be no greater than a 6.8. And with that, people might think twice about moving here.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If we had had powerful, anti-development California-style Nimby's and historic preservationists, years ago, housing prices here would be as high as L.A.

What would slow things down here considerably would be an earthquake, as too many that move here think they're out of the earthquake zone.

Don't know how they've figured it, but the maximum Quake we can expect here should be no greater than a 6.8. And with that, people might think twice about moving here.

I wouldn't care about an earthquake . A flaming space rock can hit any city at any time might as well enjoy where you live until then

Old 01-31-2018, 07:52 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post

We are surrounded by mountains so no we don’t have tons of land like Nebraska Arkansas or Texas. We can only spread so far before you’re up against a mountain. Look around town Las Vegas is in a bowl. Eventually they will have to build on the other side of the mountains but it will not be like being in the Las Vegas Valley. But that’ll be many years.

Where is the proof that we could have an 8.0 earthquake?

Where is the proof that damn liberals running cities run up housing costs. Just because the one poster lives in a space where everything is political doesn’t mean it’s true. Think outside the little tiny box you exist in if everything is political in your head.

Housing prices in California are high because it runs about 25% of our economy. it’s a great state, people want to live there and the tech industry, the entertainment industry. Lots of jobs, the ocean great weather I could go on and on

Last edited by foundapeanut; 01-31-2018 at 08:02 AM..

Old 01-31-2018, 09:07 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,549,880 times
We're going to need strict water regulations if we're going to add another 1 million people in the Las Vegas Valley.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:02 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,466,566 times
It looks like there's a lot of empty buildable land around Vegas. But most of that is owned by the BLM, and it doesn't sell it off quickly or cheaply. And a lot now is locked up in other uses (parks, nature reserves, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguppy View Post
With all the available land around Las Vegas you would think DR Horton could build a house with more than 6 feet between you and your neighbor.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:03 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,466,566 times
From what's I've read, Clark County has done pretty well managing it's water supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
We're going to need strict water regulations if we're going to add another 1 million people in the Las Vegas Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas