Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 02:38 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times

Advertisements

Uhh, there’s a difference between misinformed and you just disagreeing with something. I can’t help the latter, that’s your problem!

I’m not interested or concerned what you consider a “bubble,” wrong word choice by the way, I’m interested in my personal moving situation and don’t care what that means to you. I didn’t ask what your home is worth because it doesn’t matter, I’m just stating an observation that’s verifiable accurate of the Vegas market. As for JCVH, I wonder why we’d be private messaging if we were the same person?!

Again you come across as a total moron to suggest something like that and it’s laughable. There’s zero reason to assume that not the least of which is because I don’t wake up at 7:17 am lol. I sleep 4 am to noon most days. I have posted on CD for more than 10 years, yes. I didn’t look how long but I lurked before I posted so it was about 12 years. Not that I have to defend myself against idiotic personal attacks by the resident trolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 02:58 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Uhh, there’s a difference between misinformed and you just disagreeing with something. I can’t help the latter, that’s your problem!
And as you are usually misinformed on issues pertaining to Las Vegas, we can't help with the former, that's your problem.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:51 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
Thanks for the kind sentiments. I came here with no job lined up. I hate to admit this, but my resume just stopped in August of 2013 and here I was in a new city with a five year gap in employment.

Somehow I was able to maintain my professional certifications. I was extremely fortunate to be selected to work as a contractor for the Air Force and thank God I was already in the Northern part of Las Vegas.

Now I have two jobs in a skilled profession. And I like them both. I look forward to going to work, even when I work seven days a week.

And I apologize in advance for those of you that may be sick of hearing my story but honestly I could not have asked for a better outcome.
I'm not tired of hearing it. You pulled yourself up by the bootstraps and should be proud of your accomplishment.

You should post about it. It might just give someone in a tough spot some hope.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
And as you are usually misinformed on issues pertaining to Las Vegas, we can't help with the former, that's your problem.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:34 PM

44 posts, read 49,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I would like to eventually get into an older and not huge single story with at least half an acre in the NW or west central. Really wish I would have jumped on the chance back when the bubble burst rather than moving out of state. It's encouraging to think this could potentially still be in the cards one day. I pretty much abandoned the thought about 2 years ago.
I purchased one of those one story half acre lots in 2005, survived the crash and sold in 2015. The best move I ever made. The problem with the NW part of town, the rural estate preservation area around Lone Mountain is that it is just that - rural. Some very nice in fill properties surrounded by dirty empty desert and then a few nice homes here and there and then some real DUMPS, as if people are hoarding junk, vehicles and whatnot on their front side and back yards.

Got sick and tired of the flooding of Ann Road during rains with all the gravel and mud. Now, with the widening of Lone Mountain and soon Ann Road, both will be major thoroughfares for the school busses, rock trucks from the quarries and everyone else.

There are certainly more and more very nice new homes going in around the area but it is still just too catch as catch can. The County does little or nothing to maintain the area and it really is a forgotten area with spotty cellular service and from what I hear, mail delivery long after sunset in winter and about sunset in summer. No thanks! As much as everyone likes to moan about Summerlin, at least it is put together, drainage issues are pretty much a non issue and for the most part, few drive HUGHE monster trucks for their daily Walmart run.

These days, anything north of Sahara is way in the boondocks. Oh, how is that Centennial Bowl working out for you? Final completion in 2024? No thanks!

Old 03-04-2019, 11:42 PM

44 posts, read 49,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragabnh View Post
My house is valued less by 5% in Zillow, same goes for Redfin, market has peaked and this is probably a start for a downturn, we will see during the buying season starting in March and through the summer, if the trend is not reversed then it is confirmed.
Zillow & Redfin are way too iffy. Core Logic seems to be a better barometer. At the end of the day the true price of a house is what a buyer is willing to pay.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:54 AM

628 posts, read 398,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I'm not tired of hearing it. You pulled yourself up by the bootstraps and should be proud of your accomplishment.

You should post about it. It might just give someone in a tough spot some hope.
It's great to hear that and it gives me a sense of validation.

I think I defended 89106 a bit too vigorously but at the time I needed to stay future oriented and not be brought down by the neighborhood or the landlord's antics.

You're right, if I can overcome a five year resume gap and move here with no car and then to actually exceed my income from Blue Cross in Minnesota then maybe others can find inspiration and not give up on their careers.

I'm not overly religious but I like the saying God helps those who help themselves and fortune favors the brave. I don't want to wax pollyanna(ish) but a little persistence, resourcefullness, luck, and patience will go a long way.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:01 AM

386 posts, read 261,981 times
Quote:
Are there fully furnished apartment options with either month to month rent or six month duration leases in Henderson does anyone know? There’s a remote chance I’ll need to sell my house and pull the equity out before buying in Vegas and we may only need an apartment for a few months so I’d rather live like a spartan and keep my real stuff in storage with the moving company while we look at houses. But I wouldn’t know what are good apartments fitting my description (2 bedroom would be fine). Money is no issue, whatever it costs it costs, but I just don’t want to end up somewhere lousy while we’re looking. We made the decision we are definitely 100% moving this year after our wedding, later Sept or October. Fingers crossed I can just put a down payment down on a house before selling my current house but I’m waiting for a deal to close at the end of June.
If you go to Apartments.com, you can click on filter options and select short term rental. Then on each property's page, there is a lease length section and they tell you the terms they do. Pretty much everyone I'm interested in offers 6 month leases at a higher rate. The issue becomes if they have anything open or will have anything open.

We're also looking to relo in June ourselves from Indiana. I spent most of my younger years in Vegas (3rd-9th grade in the 90's) before moving back East because my grandmother came down with Leukemia and my mom wanted to be close to family.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:57 AM

8 posts, read 7,133 times
Quote:

I’m not interested or concerned what you consider a “bubble,” wrong word choice by the way, I’m interested in my personal moving situation and don’t care what that means to you. I didn’t ask what your home is worth because it doesn’t matter, I’m just stating an observation that’s verifiable accurate of the Vegas market. As for JCVH, I wonder why we’d be private messaging if we were the same person?!

Again you come across as a total moron to suggest something like that and it’s laughable. There’s zero reason to assume that not the least of which is because I don’t wake up at 7:17 am lol. I sleep 4 am to noon most days. I have posted on CD for more than 10 years, yes. I didn’t look how long but I lurked before I posted so it was about 12 years. Not that I have to defend myself against idiotic personal attacks by the resident trolls.
For looking at your post you straight don’t know nothing about Vegas. I been coming here for 10 years visiting my mom and can already tell that you would hate living here. If you ever did live here you will leave within months. Everyone I’ve met since I moved to henderson is chill not stuck up like you.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:26 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Default February is out.

SFR price down a little over 1% from January. Sales up over January down over last year.

Vast difference in inventory from tract to tract. 2 months to 2 years.

Views tend to be a stabilizing market.

March should give a better view. But if thinking about selling check the local inventory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas