Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 725 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if this Neighborhood is safe?
Clean?

or is there like Bikes around
toys on the yard
naked babies running around without supervision
gangs hanging around the block
drive bys people walking around the blocks

that type of things ??

I mean if some one near can like send me a video of the Neighborhood and surrounding areas on a saturday I'd be glad to cash app you 20$

Pomeroy Cir, Las Vegas, NV 89142
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 12:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseRodriguez View Post
Does anyone know if this Neighborhood is safe?
Clean?

or is there like Bikes around
toys on the yard
naked babies running around without supervision
gangs hanging around the block
drive bys people walking around the blocks

that type of things ??

I mean if some one near can like send me a video of the Neighborhood and surrounding areas on a saturday I'd be glad to cash app you 20$

Pomeroy Cir, Las Vegas, NV 89142
It is east side. The area is mostly Hispanic and lower middle class. Older neighborhoods. Crime is 3X moderate west side but better than to the north or east of its neighborhood.

Livable if you are urban smart. I would note that Hispanics often make for a nice neighborhood. Once sold a house in there for a NV cowboy who said one of the best days of his life was when the house next door sold from a troublesome southern white family to a Dominican one.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:32 PM

1,341 posts, read 655,450 times
That is......very near to where I live.

Area is fine. You do see weird people walking in the street sometimes and on the sidewalk. Just mind your business, keep your head up high and walk fast like you don't give two ****s about them. Or just stay in your house.

I honestly don't focus on what goes on outside. I keep to myself, mind my own business, and stay inside. If I go out, I keep to myself.

Everybody refers to the East side of Nellis as the "ghetto" area lol. You will know why when you drive around in the West and South West side of Vegas.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:34 PM

103 posts, read 120,117 times
Go to www.zipdatamaps.com It will give you all the info you need

Old 07-19-2019, 04:12 PM

755 posts, read 399,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRWalker View Post
Go to www.zipdatamaps.com It will give you all the info you need
The area with the highest income in LV on that map is the worst and most crime filled place in town.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 3,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
That is......very near to where I live.

Area is fine. You do see weird people walking in the street sometimes and on the sidewalk. Just mind your business, keep your head up high and walk fast like you don't give two ****s about them. Or just stay in your house.

I honestly don't focus on what goes on outside. I keep to myself, mind my own business, and stay inside. If I go out, I keep to myself.

Everybody refers to the East side of Nellis as the "ghetto" area lol. You will know why when you drive around in the West and South West side of Vegas.
Call me crazy but this doesn't sound like a fun neighborhood.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:40 PM

124 posts, read 105,812 times
OP, why don't you just use Google Maps and "drive" down Pomeroy Cir yourself??

You can also drive around the neighborhood yourself on google. Just watch those Meth heads :-)

Combine that with Crimemapping.com and ALL your questions should be answered.

-von

Old 07-19-2019, 08:35 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Just grab a bulletproof vest and avoid flashing any gang signs, you should be fine in that area. Fair warning if you hear fireworks, duck, roll, cover, etc. Them there aren’t fireworks!

Old 07-19-2019, 11:52 PM

1,341 posts, read 655,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggly Gurl View Post
Call me crazy but this doesn't sound like a fun neighborhood.
I didn't say it was. If you ask me "do you worry about living there?", I would say "nah". I've seen weird lookin people walkin around and I've also seen a few good people walkin around. I just keep to myself and stay inside the house most of the time.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:30 AM

469 posts, read 494,537 times
OP. I’m being honest, that zip code is part of the ghetto. I wouldn’t bother if your concerned about safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas