Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 03:09 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
When you're driving down the Strip in Las Vegas, NV, do you get the urge to turn up your car stereo and roll down your driver's side and passenger front windows and rock out? I say rock out because I'm an old guy who grew up seeing Foghat, Aerosmith, The Guess Who, Foreigner, etc., in Seattle in the 70's.

It's just the perfect ambience to turn it up while going down the Strip. Any others?
From what I understand, they have a Noise Control vehicle that patrols the Strip, using decimeters, mainly to tag cars with loud stereo's. Too much of that unwarranted noise could deter visitors/conventioneers.

I've been a member of NoiseFreeAmerica for years. They're forever giving me uptakes on what's being done to control unwarranted noise in this country.

$2500 fines some areas for playing a loud stereo in your car. They even have Noise Radar in Edmonton, Alberta now. You pass by one of these Radar stations, around the city, and you may get a ticket in the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 09:11 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Ahh, I see you haven't changed much, tijlover. Good to see.

Take care.

Old 11-21-2020, 07:42 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
I left the house (barely) yesterday, had to get something notarized at the bank that’s like 200 yards away but 0.4 miles driving (literally the opposite way out the neighborhood ha ha). I feel so lame, I have left the house so little that even something that small honestly feels weird to me. I’m going to take some time to readjust to society after this I think ha ha!

What are people doing for Thanksgiving? I know that’s a controversial topic perhaps. My wife is flying back home to be with her family, but even then half her family won’t go anywhere so they won’t be there, just her immediate family. I’m staying home (she’s gone for about 8 days starting Sunday) and I’ll piggyback my two aunt and two uncles’ Thanksgiving here in Henderson. It’ll be a small gathering, I think two of their kids might be there maybe, but I would argue they’re all kind of in our bubble as we see them often and they don’t really see anyone else nor do I. It’s... well, if I were them (older) I probably wouldn’t really be seeing anyone, but that’s their choice. I’m glad for it because being alone on Thanksgiving would have really sucked.

Old 11-29-2020, 06:53 AM

1,517 posts, read 541,843 times
Sad news about the death of Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO. He was good for Vegas.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/tony-...dfc364d7e.html

Old 11-30-2020, 02:27 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Interesting couple of weeks. Last week got feeling a bit out of it. Cancelled my at home physical therapy on Tuesday. Woke up Thanksgiving morning with the chills. Has a 3 degree fever. Got very concerned and crawled into bed. OK Friday and for the weekend. Got a call from the physical therapy outfit. My physical therapist was out with the corona virus. Spouse and I are working to get tested this week. But it appears that even hermit is no guarantee of protection. Boy I can't wait to be done with this.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:08 PM

140 posts, read 277,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Interesting couple of weeks. Last week got feeling a bit out of it. Cancelled my at home physical therapy on Tuesday. Woke up Thanksgiving morning with the chills. Has a 3 degree fever. Got very concerned and crawled into bed. OK Friday and for the weekend. Got a call from the physical therapy outfit. My physical therapist was out with the corona virus. Spouse and I are working to get tested this week. But it appears that even hermit is no guarantee of protection. Boy I can't wait to be done with this.
Wishing you a speedy recovery from whatever it is -- and I sincerely hope it's not coronavirus.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:53 PM

395 posts, read 273,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So my mom told me the nephew has Covid so I cancel plans
to visit my brother last weekend. Talked to my brother later when he
asked what days I was going to visit. I'm like "what??!?" and
he says nephew just had a common cold.

Hope it is the same for you and just a false alarm!

Old 12-02-2020, 03:16 AM

395 posts, read 273,045 times
So if you get a chance, venture over to the Merry Crimson pop-up bar
at the Red Rock Resort. We actually visited since we like late night happy hour
at Yardhouse and I wanted to check out the 2 story Gingerbread house and the
Red Rock chocolate model.

Even though we asked 3 or 4 employees, we didn't find one who knew
where the Gingerbread House was until the 4th employee. It's inside
Merry Crimson bar. That place rocks. The decorations are just amazing as
are the decorated rooms. Very festive. We're going to head back for happy
hour at some point to try the holiday drinks.

On a side note, at 10pm on a Monday night, Red Rock seemed surprisingly
busy. It was good to see,

Old 12-07-2020, 09:06 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times

Old 12-08-2020, 07:09 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Greetings. Sending well wishes to all for this Holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas