Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 06:38 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Excellent. This is truly becoming a trend, then. I have gone vegetarian, but not vegan yet, because of the delicious-ness of cheese.

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls we'd all be vegetarians." - Sir Paul McCartney
Don’t you mean Mr John Halliday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 07:29 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
I'm referring to William Shears Campbell. He is the man that replaced Paul McCartney on November 9, 1966. Paul McCartney became John Halliday (get it....he's on holiday)on November 9,1966. John Halliday is now wandering free in the UK. Free from The Beatles, but watched by the British Illuminati like a hawk, so he doesn't spill the beans and disclose the evil of the Illuminati. Indeed, John Halliday must be seen but not heard. He has been shunned by the Illuminati, his money must be earned honestly now. Making fish' n chips for a living, for example.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:03 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
Greetings all. I hope all is well on this part 2 of the Vegas thread.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:39 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
We are also slowly moving away from meat too.... probably not dairy yet because cheese is just too good and probably still eat seafood.... I don't even get excited about eating meat anymore, so should be an easy transition.

My husband is pescatarian-I cant do it. He buys a lot of the the beyond meat products so I try them. I used the beef for tacos, the texture was mushy. The sausage was actually pretty good. Oiled them and threw on the BBQ not bad at all. the burgers are ok. Burger King's Impossible burger is really good for junk fast food. Cant even tell the difference. I'm trying to eat less red meat, but I'm not ready to give up chicken and turkey.

I use oat milk in my cereal. I tried some dairy alternative yogurts. The coconut tastes the best I think.

Last edited by Prosze; 08-14-2020 at 01:57 PM..

Old 08-15-2020, 04:55 PM

Yes, the non-meat choices are getting better all the time. McDonald's is really slow to the party, for some reason. Taco Bell has things with just rice and beans and cheese, no meat. Carl's Jr. has my favorite non-meat burger, their Beyond Cheeseburger. It is really hard to tell it's not real beef.

Del Taco has good vegetarian fare, and even Domino's Pizza has a vegetarian pizza that's pretty good. It's the advent of all the animal care videos on the net and how graphic and clear and outspoken they are against abuse of animals, plus one of my Alamo doctors advised me ta go vegetarian a year ago. I've been vegetarian a year now and I'm not going back to eating animals. I should punt eating cheese as well - just ta round things out nicely and leave all the babies alone. They want to live - they're absolutely devastated they have to be sacrificed for the stomachs of people everywhere. The videos show it as it happens, Sir Paul McCartney says it so you know it must be true.

I'm done eating meat. It's taken an evolution of thought ta get here - in 2015 we had a lady stop by our neighborhood in eastern Washington telling about the evils of the food industry. She was there ta feed the stray cats in the neighborhood. We would talk to her while she was leaving food for the babies - she encouraged me ta stop eating animals. I wasn't ready in 2015 but here in southern New Mexico - August 2019 - I decided ta do it.

Glad I did.

Old 08-16-2020, 04:17 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,516,151 times
i visited valley of fire yesterday - lived here for 15 yrs & never had the opporunity. didn't get out & hike as it was just too dang hot. the park was much larger than i expected & have plans to camp once the temp drops back down to livable temps. took hwy 167 on the way out & was impressed at the couple of oasis' along the way. lots to explore over there!

Valley of Fire State Park | State Parks

Old 08-17-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Yes, the non-meat choices are getting better all the time. McDonald's is really slow to the party, for some reason. Taco Bell has things with just rice and beans and cheese, no meat. Carl's Jr. has my favorite non-meat burger, their Beyond Cheeseburger. It is really hard to tell it's not real beef.

Del Taco has good vegetarian fare, and even Domino's Pizza has a vegetarian pizza that's pretty good. It's the advent of all the animal care videos on the net and how graphic and clear and outspoken they are against abuse of animals, plus one of my Alamo doctors advised me ta go vegetarian a year ago. I've been vegetarian a year now and I'm not going back to eating animals. I should punt eating cheese as well - just ta round things out nicely and leave all the babies alone. They want to live - they're absolutely devastated they have to be sacrificed for the stomachs of people everywhere. The videos show it as it happens, Sir Paul McCartney says it so you know it must be true.

I'm done eating meat. It's taken an evolution of thought ta get here - in 2015 we had a lady stop by our neighborhood in eastern Washington telling about the evils of the food industry. She was there ta feed the stray cats in the neighborhood. We would talk to her while she was leaving food for the babies - she encouraged me ta stop eating animals. I wasn't ready in 2015 but here in southern New Mexico - August 2019 - I decided ta do it.

Glad I did.

I think as the alternatives improve more and more people will at least try. I'm not giving up crab legs though unless I have to.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
i visited valley of fire yesterday - lived here for 15 yrs & never had the opporunity. didn't get out & hike as it was just too dang hot. the park was much larger than i expected & have plans to camp once the temp drops back down to livable temps. took hwy 167 on the way out & was impressed at the couple of oasis' along the way. lots to explore over there!

Valley of Fire State Park | State Parks
I don't think we have ever visited Valley of Fire. If I have I don't remember. I want to go when its cooler.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:43 PM

I think as the alternatives improve more and more people will at least try. I'm not giving up crab legs though unless I have to.

Yeah, it is a personal thing. No one has the right to tell you that you have to become vegetarian. It is something that you do after thinking about your health and the world's ecosystem, animal health and welfare, etc.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:25 AM

395 posts, read 272,252 times
I just tried the Chick'en Taco at El Pollo Loco tonight.
It was surprisingly tasty. It was also very stuffed with the filling...
could have made two tacos out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas