Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 08:46 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Fascinating. It sounds like your HOA president is speaking with some specific authority & information/knowledge rather than just what we all read in the Review-Journal.

How does your HOA president have this kind of information? For example, is a relative one of these "ambassadors?" Or has an "ambassador" contacted the HOA directly - and hence the HOA president was on the receiving end of such counseling? Something else?
The head of his HOA organization is a well paid professional. She has decades of experience in the field. She has retained lawyers available. Her insights are very likely to be accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 09:17 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The head of his HOA organization is a well paid professional. She has decades of experience in the field. She has retained lawyers available. Her insights are very likely to be accurate.
Good to know. Thanks.

So the ambassadors do, indeed have enforcement capabilities. It will be interesting to see if they will use it.

My hope is they will - and very publicly, with news media present and cameras rolling. My guess is it will only take a handful of enforcement actions before all businesses get religion once they see enforcement actions actually happening.

But here's the rub: That ambassador might issue a shut down order, but who is going to actually enforce it? I mean quite literally: Who is going to bar customers from entering the business? Who is going to eject customers who are already inside the business? Who is going to lock down the cash registers? Who is going to chain the doors?

Imagine a lone ambassador outside a Smith's or Target or Home Depot saying, "No, you can't go in; I've issued a an order." Customers will laugh and walk on by.

Soooo... is that ambassador likely going to go to court to get a legal injunction? I doubt it. Perhaps they'll try to get the State's AG's office to go to court -- but then again, I can see the government getting bogged down in such actions. Perhaps they'll try to get the Clark County District Attorney's office to go to court - but the DA already has a full plate of work to do.

Now - imagine such an ambassador attempts to shut down a Strip Resort. Yeah, that'll end well.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:27 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,193 times
Just curious what you all do with your dogs and walking them during the heat like it is.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:38 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
I’m feeling pretty good about things lately. The new “essential” job at Target is going swimmingly and I started driving Uber/Lyft again and I’m making a killing driving Uber/Lyft again. I miss my barback/bartending job at the Mirage but those days are gone forever. At least at that job. I hope once some bartending jobs open up I can get back at it. But I’ve pulled $1000 a week the last 2 weeks

The Rona can’t stop me from achieving my goals.

The Mrs and I are gonna renew our lease in the ghetto for at least another 6 months or so, and hopefully by then we’re both gainfully employed enough to get ourselves that house in Centennial Hills or Skye Canyon that we want. A lot of the longtime regulars know how I feel about the far NW part of Las Vegas and I’ve sold the Mrs on it as well. She wants to make it happen too

I can’t wait for 2021! I hope you all are well, happy, safe and good financially all things considered

Old 07-31-2020, 08:29 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Just curious what you all do with your dogs and walking them during the heat like it is.
Our dog gets walked every afternoon. Walks are shorter in high temp but always more than 10 minutes. And either the dog or my spouse can limit the walk. She just turns around. He sits and won't move any way except toward home.

In general our patio doors are open until 11AM or noon. The cat and the dog generally stay out most of the morning. We close up and call them but if they decline we do not insist. When they have enough of the heat they come to the door. On some days the cat will sleep under the patio shrubbery until late in the afternoon.

The one thing to be aware of is that the creatures are well hydrated. They are pretty well heat proof if they have enough water.

Old 07-31-2020, 04:11 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times
Quote:
Early morning, and evening when the sun is gone.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:24 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I’m feeling pretty good about things lately. The new “essential” job at Target is going swimmingly and I started driving Uber/Lyft again and I’m making a killing driving Uber/Lyft again. I miss my barback/bartending job at the Mirage but those days are gone forever. At least at that job. I hope once some bartending jobs open up I can get back at it. But I’ve pulled $1000 a week the last 2 weeks

The Mrs and I are gonna renew our lease in the ghetto for at least another 6 months or so, and hopefully by then we’re both gainfully employed enough to get ourselves that house in Centennial Hills or Skye Canyon that we want. A lot of the longtime regulars know how I feel about the far NW part of Las Vegas and I’ve sold the Mrs on it as well. She wants to make it happen too

I can’t wait for 2021! I hope you all are well, happy, safe and good financially all things considered

Good post. A former cab driver in Vegas told me Uber took over to a large extent.

What is Rona?

I'm certainly praying '21 will be '20 for all. Time will tell. I'm financially ok and safe but a bit unhappy with all this sheltering in place.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:37 AM

2,846 posts, read 4,516,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
What is Rona?
shortened version of corona, or covid

Old 08-01-2020, 08:15 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

Sounds like you have a great attitude! Keep it up! I hope you achieve your goals!

Old 08-02-2020, 02:23 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
Quote:
Walk in the early morning when it's cooler or late at night when the sun goes down. When not sure if the asphalt is too hot place the back of the hand on the ground for 7 seconds. If you can't stand it their paws can't. Some buy dog shoes. Some go to parks and walk on grass. Some walk in the shade. Also cutting the dogs hair short in this excessive heat helps. Make sure they have plenty of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas