Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 12:08 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,587,847 times

Advertisements

Lots of paved walking and bike trails as well as grass parks too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2024, 10:05 AM

1,622 posts, read 1,705,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild View Post
I was looking at a nice home for sale in the northern part of Green Valley, about one mile from the airport.
My main concern would be noise from the airport. Is one mile enough to avoid most of the airport noise?
I live in 89052 at Sundridge Heights Pkwy and Seven Hills Dr. It's about 10 miles from the airport. I hear airplane noise all day and night. If I have the TV or background music on, it masks the noise. Otherwise, it's not loud and I'm sort of used to it. If you are in town, you should visit the house and sit there for a while at different times of day to hear what it sounds like in the neighborhood. I'd also want to know what the airport traffic is like in the neighborhood and if you can hear cars driving by at all hours of the day and night. I'm not far from St. Rose Pkwy and can hear cars drag racing late at night and early in the morning when there aren't many cars on it.

Last edited by movin1; 01-15-2024 at 10:41 AM..

Old 01-15-2024, 10:34 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamThomas View Post
How do the Henderson/Summerlin schools compare to the best SoCal schools? Asking as we are considering a move but worried about schools. I know across the board California is likely better but can the Henderson schools be ok at the very least?
Compared to SoCal?

Almost as good as the schools in, say, San Bernardino or Baker.

Old 01-15-2024, 03:07 PM

61 posts, read 64,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild View Post
I was looking at a nice home for sale in the northern part of Green Valley, about one mile from the airport.
My main concern would be noise from the airport. Is one mile enough to avoid most of the airport noise?

We are a part of different Quiet Skies groups (all across US, including historic Sherman Oaks). Very well-aware what FAA's FAILED Nextgen has done to your once quiet, residential neighborhood, they are deliberately rerouting heavy air traffic over homes, parks, schools and playgrounds.

FAA has changed flightpath in Vegas too, rerouting commercial planes from Harry Reid and abusive flight schools/touring businesses at NLV airport over neighborhoods west of VGT (Summerlin, SW and NW).

• Our once quiet retirement Summerlin residential neighborhood has been turned into a WAR ZONE (we live 10 miles away from VGT and 15 miles away from Harry Reid). My main concern is abusive flight schools/Vegas Aviation and a few others and Sky combat Ace loud E300s, we are open game for them 365 days a year, 7 days a week, endless looping and circling, incessant "touch & goes" on top of congested areas ... The noise is harsh (single props, E300, 95 db- 120 db), low flying leaf blowers attacking us from all angles (day and night), some days it's every 10 min or so ... They can clearly be heard even when wearing ear plugs (and with windows/doors closed). 400 low flying planes attack us daily. (flight schools + Sky Combat Ace E300s + hobbyist pilots from VGT or other problematic airports).

• This all changed a year ago, prior to that we had no plane noise, Sky Combat Ace was dumped here from Henderson (because of numerous noise and safety complaints against them), FAA has opened up a superhighway on top of our homes, where these abusive businesses get to assault us hundreds of times a day and target us with flybys, dives and low altitude maneuvers, some days they are flying so low and loud that they are shaking the house. They do this to get back at protesting residents, because of numerous noise and safety complaints against them (which all have FALLEN into DEAF ears, they are enabled and empowered by lack of any ENFORCEMENT from the city, commissioner, abusive Clark County department of aviation and FAA).

• The whole valley is having issues with low flying planes, but Sun City/Summerlin west and NW (Lone mountain and neighborhoods the opposite of it) are having serious issues with these obnoxious and horrible flight schools and Sky combat Ace war planes. Neighborhoods north of Summerlin parkway are burnt (400 low flying planes a day attack us viciously and without a pity). Neighborhoods south of W Charleston BLVD are better off, although you would still hear the commercial planes from Harry Reid leaving the city, they are being rerouted over congested areas, they are almost circling the City to leave (FAA changed this a few years ago).
  • Henderson is better off, for NOW (because of its powerful lobbyists and politicians), although there are no gauntness, Nextgen has been FAA's Carte Blanche to dismantle and discard decades-old noise mitigation agreements, across all airports in US and wreak havoc on residents ears, safety, health and serenity. they are changing flight paths all the time now (sending screaming planes on top of homes), and FAA is putting all residential neighborhoods on NOTICE. (even those far from airports). All that at the expense of the American public, to save FUEL for greedy airline industry and make more money for aviation degenerates banned or dismissed in other cities/airports: https://www.change.org/p/move-sky-co...vgt/u/32230029

• Because of FAA's illegal nextgen many municipalities are having issues and this issue will get worse with time, until American people rise up against the avaricious aviation industry, greedy airlines and corrupt FAA, and send these screaming planes back to where they were before Nextgen ... until then ALL municipalities, even rural areas are on NOTICE and your neighborhood (as quiet as it maybe, or as far away from the airport as it could be), might be the next on FAA's agenda, like this one:

• I suggest you look into more rural areas like Mount Charleston, NV (but longer drive and very cold winters), or if you treasure your health, sanity, peace and quiet and want better quality of life, look into smaller towns in Northern California (like Napa, Santa Rosa, saratoga, or Los Gatos). Corrupt FAA and greedy aviation industry/airlines haven't managed to screw these neighborhoods, at least not for now.

Good Luck with your move (never buy remote, and always do your due diligence)

Last edited by nightowl2023; 01-15-2024 at 03:33 PM..

Old 02-20-2024, 09:28 AM

43 posts, read 14,512 times
Green Valley has much more value than Summerlin.

Also, you have Henderson Police, which is much better than the Las Vegas crew. Both are the best areas to live in, however, and I have lived in both.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:08 AM

7,724 posts, read 3,778,838 times
I prefer Ascaya to Green Valley. I have several friends with homes there.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamThomas View Post
How do the Henderson/Summerlin schools compare to the best SoCal schools? Asking as we are considering a move but worried about schools. I know across the board California is likely better but can the Henderson schools be ok at the very least?
The schools in Nevada are as good as any, but you have to remember, all public schooling is bad.

The best in our society are home schooled or don't go to school at all, if you can pull that off. With some creativity, it can be done.

Last edited by CNY4Life; 03-12-2024 at 07:05 PM..

Old 03-12-2024, 08:40 PM

1,467 posts, read 1,414,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY4Life View Post
The schools in Nevada are as good as any, but you have to remember, all public schooling is bad.

The best in our society are home schooled or don't go to school at all, if you can pull that off. With some creativity, it can be done.
So you have never been to Fairfax or Montgomery counties?

Old 03-13-2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
So you have never been to Fairfax or Montgomery counties?
?

Well, this should be about Green Valley and Summerlin, and not about our terrible public schools.

Sorry I even mentioned that in my earlier post, that I responded to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas