Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 03:12 PM

1,629 posts, read 1,715,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
Voluntarily???
Yeah, I thought I'd like like it there because my family vacationed in that area when I was a kid. I liked a lot of things about Naples, it's a beautiful place. But after four years of summers getting longer and worse every year, then Hurricane Irma, I had all I could take. It took a year to sell the house because lots of people wanted out and no one wanted in. Now it's a hot spot again and the house I sold has appreciated substantially. Good luck to the people who live there, when the next hurricane hits, they may not be as lucky as how things turned out with Irma.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:53 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,056,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
Yeah, I thought I'd like like it there because my family vacationed in that area when I was a kid. I liked a lot of things about Naples, it's a beautiful place. But after four years of summers getting longer and worse every year, then Hurricane Irma, I had all I could take. It took a year to sell the house because lots of people wanted out and no one wanted in. Now it's a hot spot again and the house I sold has appreciated substantially. Good luck to the people who live there, when the next hurricane hits, they may not be as lucky as how things turned out with Irma.
The Florida market is "hot" right now because their governor is anti-mask/anti-vax and very vocal about it. So, Florida is drawing in lots of people with a fragile mindset about politics and the pandemic.

I, too, have wondered how these fragile transplants to Florida are going to handle the next big hurricane? Florida was largely spared this year during Hurricane season.

Old 12-17-2021, 04:31 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,715,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
Vegas is not immune to natural disasters. A few years ago there was a large earthquake in Ridgecrest, CA and it killed someone working on their car in Pahrump. I even noticed cracks in my pool deck and lifted one of the concrete slabs a half an inch. There are fault lines here and they can produce a large enough earthquake to cause some damage. If it did happen, how many people have any kind of earthquake insurance? Just saying anything is possible

Old 12-17-2021, 04:40 PM

1,629 posts, read 1,715,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
Vegas is not immune to natural disasters. A few years ago there was a large earthquake in Ridgecrest, CA and it killed someone working on their car in Pahrump. I even noticed cracks in my pool deck and lifted one of the concrete slabs a half an inch. There are fault lines here and they can produce a large enough earthquake to cause some damage. If it did happen, how many people have any kind of earthquake insurance? Just saying anything is possible
I'll take my chances here over Florida or Illinois. I used to there too, my sister lives in the Chicago area. They have been hit with high wind damage a few times recently.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:30 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I don't know what would be worse, an earthquake (seismologists say that a 6.8 would be the max for Las Vegas) or a 100 year flood. 5 inches of rain dumped on Las Vegas in a short period of time, try to imagine that one!

Old 12-29-2021, 05:07 AM

743 posts, read 968,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
The Florida market is "hot" right now because their governor is anti-mask/anti-vax and very vocal about it. So, Florida is drawing in lots of people with a fragile mindset about politics and the pandemic.

I, too, have wondered how these fragile transplants to Florida are going to handle the next big hurricane? Florida was largely spared this year during Hurricane season.
I’ve never known the freedom loving crowd to be the fragile type.

Old 12-29-2021, 07:00 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
I’ve never known the freedom loving crowd to be the fragile type.
I live adjacent to where Hurricane Michael hit. Big Trump zone and they’re still begging for government grants to fix things and help in dealing with the insurance companies. And so many people just left rather than trying to be part of the rebuilding process because not everyone can just pivot into a career as a construction worker when their old job blows away.

Old 03-10-2022, 12:42 PM

15,864 posts, read 14,491,391 times
The rent is only going up. This popped up on my Youtube feed. Seemed a good thread to throw it into.

Old 03-11-2022, 12:05 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,056,826 times
Relief may be on the way?

Quote:

Clark County supports new affordable housing while state unveils plan

By Shae Johnson / Las Vegas Review-Journal

March 2, 2022

LAS VEGAS -- The Clark County Commission approved a plan this week to add more than 600 affordable housing units to the region from seven developers recommended to receive federal funding for their projects.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...-plan-2538172/

Old 03-11-2022, 02:21 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
Relief may be on the way?
Let California know when there finished being built. Im sure there are quite a few low income California residents would love to apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas