Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massagemamma View Post
Ok...so I admit I ocasionally get a little oversensitive...My family is driving me CRAZY and I can't get away from them soon enough...you would think that I would be excited about the fact that I'm heading to Disney World with the family (mom & dad, sister, niece, and my husband) in the morning but no, I HATE the idea and don't want to go...besides the fact that our furniture did not sell and we're out $2000 that we were planning on having...my parents are divorced and my mom insited on this little family reunion before I move so dad flew in from Jersey yesterday...forget the fact that I have to be in Tampa for a wedding for 3 days this week and forget the fact that I have a house to finish packing up...dad is leaving FL 2 days before I move...I can't take the stress of trying to entertain family who insist on me spending as much time in their disgusting, filthy house while trying to finish up my final details! 4 days in the car with a dog who has panic attacks and won't sleep in the car at all...I am looking forward to my life when we get there, but am very stressed about the next two weeks...I seem to have to apologize to you a lot...SORRY!! In the future I'll try to leave the rants for my blog...
No problem at all. I know your stressed. But you know what? I think you need a massage. Surely you must know people at your massage school you can trade with. Maybe even a little yoga to lose some of that stress might just hit the spot.

Best wishes to ya.................

Last edited by desertsun41; 08-06-2008 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: t
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 11:50 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Massage.....the nice thing about DS41 is that you can disagree.....slap him upside the head...and still be friends

Old 08-06-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Massage.....the nice thing about DS41 is that you can disagree.....slap him upside the head...and still be friends
Well it never used to be that way. Im glad we can be friends now dispite if we dont agree on anything. Your alright in my book too !!

Anyway......whats wrong with a massage? She is an LMT. They learn by practicing on eachother plus all massage schools offer very low priced massages to the public so their students can practice.

Not so long ago when business was great and I had money to burn I went every single friday for Reflexoligy. Its a wonderful thing. Too bad all massage still has a bad side to it where some sex shops use massage for a cover. I know you said you are a big guy, dont let that scare you. Go try it anyway.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:25 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
not a thing wrong with massage......

and to me a "Massage with happy ending" is one where I"m still alive at the end.....the older I get the more I measure success in terms of survival

Old 08-07-2008, 12:02 AM

103 posts, read 327,286 times
I do need a massage, unfortunatley 6 mos after my graduation my school closed the massage program down (enrollment rates dropped too low and they offer it in other campuses)...my yoga tapes are packed...will start again soon though cause I need it...hmmm...the cable is still on maybe I'll look for ppv...thanks for the suggestions...by the way Disney World is definatley better without the crazy family and my sunburn is gonna make me a miserable wedding guest this weekend...grrrrrr!

Last edited by massagemamma; 08-07-2008 at 12:12 AM..

Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 AM

3 posts, read 5,909 times
massagemama - just poking my very new head in with a suggestion re your pup. Just an idea, but have you thought of getting him (her?) a sedative from the vet so the trip will go easier. We do this for our border collie mix for the July 4th fireworks - this year he was really mellow and you could see him going "ohhh prettty fireworks" instead of "oh crap, its gonna get me, quick, hide me"

I wish you luck with your move - my hubby and I are relocating after our son finishes HS this year and Vegas is on the list (hubby can transfer so its a plus) along with comparing Phoenix, Oregon, and heck, friends in Charlotte, NC are even calling us

I hope you update with how your move goes - you sound like such a positive person with a great outlook on the future. And DS41, you're pretty cool too - loved reading the communicative exchange between you and MassageMama

Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 AM

103 posts, read 327,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrisha View Post
massagemama - just poking my very new head in with a suggestion re your pup. Just an idea, but have you thought of getting him (her?) a sedative from the vet so the trip will go easier. We do this for our border collie mix for the July 4th fireworks - this year he was really mellow and you could see him going "ohhh prettty fireworks" instead of "oh crap, its gonna get me, quick, hide me"

I wish you luck with your move - my hubby and I are relocating after our son finishes HS this year and Vegas is on the list (hubby can transfer so its a plus) along with comparing Phoenix, Oregon, and heck, friends in Charlotte, NC are even calling us

I hope you update with how your move goes - you sound like such a positive person with a great outlook on the future. And DS41, you're pretty cool too - loved reading the communicative exchange between you and MassageMama
Oh there will definatley be xanex in my poochies future! When we drove to NJ (which was only a 20 hr drive) he had his frist panic attack and we couldn't find benadryl anywhere so the vet called in a script for xanex. I accidentially gave him the second too close to the first and the poor pooch was drooling for a little while but finally slept. We are only driving 8 hrs a day this time because that's all he can handle but we will be giving him 1 pill at the beginning of each day just to take the edge off. We've been getting him used to wearing a collar all week and registered his microchip just in case he breaks free during the trip. So thanx for the tip. I'm glad ds and I can provide some comic releif. Even though I get upset, it's all in good fun to me.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrisha View Post

Thanks Lady. Allow me to be the first to officially REP you your first 3 points. Expecially since you own one of the greatest Dogs too. My last Dog was a Border Collie and she was such a good Dog until she got in a car. Then she turned into a monster. We had to give her a sedative to travel also. I have another Sheep herding Dog now, An Australian Shepard who is an angel traveling, especially in the RV. RVing and camping is her heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas