Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 05:12 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,957,365 times

Advertisements

They can't afford the whole mtg, especially now with her being pregnant. Would have been nice to rent it out for the whole amount, but being 3000 miles away would have been difficult to manage it. And we are getting a sunroom replaced on it from wind/water damage so I kind of had to have someone I knew stay there.

I kind of feel like I should have never made the move in the first place. I listened with my heart and not my head.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,669,626 times
I realize you're having second thoughts about the move but how long do you plan on being where you are now and for how long is your husband going to have his job there? Is it a permanent position or just temporary?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,023,895 times
i would buy in the northwest, prices are not going to get any cheaper.. if you wait for her to graduate etc, you wont be able to afford the house... kids change schools all the time... she will b fine

Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 AM

230 posts, read 885,773 times
Wow, you do have quite a decision to make. I wish I could give you the golden ticket advice but I know I don't have the answer. How do you know for sure the rent will be raised? Did they say how much? You could always move into the belmont version here, A little less room but still 2 bedrooms and cheaper. Maybe if you tell them you will move because of the rent they will bend for you. At least it buys you six more months.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acapr220 View Post
Wow, you do have quite a decision to make. I wish I could give you the golden ticket advice but I know I don't have the answer. How do you know for sure the rent will be raised? Did they say how much? You could always move into the belmont version here, A little less room but still 2 bedrooms and cheaper. Maybe if you tell them you will move because of the rent they will bend for you. At least it buys you six more months.
Yeah, I knew they would raise it. Did you get a notice about the water rates being raised?

If we lease for another 10-12 mos, the rent stays the same. If not, they raise it by $110.!! I think that's ridiculous. So, now they will lose the whole amount + the extra. The apt. next to me has been empty for over a month. Seems the parking lot is more empty than a couple months ago too. Greed. We may have to pay one month of the higher amount, if we are going to buy a home cuz I think we will need the time. Don't want to move the stuff twice.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 PM

I did originally post this in another forum, I know alot of people already knew this here, but they moved it here. I don't really understand why because it really isn't a "Vegas" issue. That was my initial reason for not posting it here.

Thanks for the thoughts, though.

Airics, I do believe that is what we will do. We need to see a mtg person and then start looking seriously. Frankly, it is what my husband really wants to do, I am the one unsure and definitely more emotionally attached to the situations in MI.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM

113 posts, read 328,925 times
Airics, I do believe that is what we will do. We need to see a mtg person and then start looking seriously. Frankly, it is what my husband really wants to do, I am the one unsure and definitely more emotionally attached to the situations in MI.

It is a tough call, and one only you and your family can make. For some reasons you did move out here with your daughter to be with your husband. Since you do like it out here, it may be a good time to remember why you moved. I'm a bit sensitive to the 14 year old daughter, as I also have a freshman daughter. I know first-hand about the all important seat at lunchtime. I wouldn't move my daughter mid year unless her school situation/experience was horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas