Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 08:25 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and a flute to charm the snakes

Old 08-25-2011, 08:56 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Very sad story, but this does prove that dog is really man's best friend....

Dog of Fallen Navy SEAL, Officer Jon Tumilson, Refuses To Leave Casket (VIDEO)

Old 08-25-2011, 08:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
So who's all going to the commitment ceremony? Isn't that Labor day weekend?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 PM

Someone just repped me and asked me a question at the same time. I can't answer since they didn't sign it. Hey, I can't read minds people.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Very sad story, but this does prove that dog is really man's best friend....

Dog of Fallen Navy SEAL, Officer Jon Tumilson, Refuses To Leave Casket (VIDEO)
Heartbreaking. Hopefully, the dog will not starve itself to death. My father-in-law's cat did that after he died. When the paramedics came to the house to take him to the hospital after the stroke, she left the house and refused to come back in. She would not eat the food left out for her. We kept bringing her into the house and trying to force feed her. She got out and we didn't see her for months and months. She came back to the house to die.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Heartbreaking. Hopefully, the dog will not starve itself to death. My father-in-law's cat did that after he died. When the paramedics came to the house to take him to the hospital after the stroke, she left the house and refused to come back in. She would not eat the food left out for her. We kept bringing her into the house and trying to force feed her. She got out and we didn't see her for months and months. She came back to the house to die.
Too sad!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
It's the end of the world...an earthquake and a hurricane...all in the same week!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:26 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Isn't it nice knowing there are no real major natural disasters here? I mean, yes there are fault lines, but they are nowhere NEAR as active as CA.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
You know nothing of how the prison system works, particularly how much it costs to house care for inmates. You certainly don't realize that most correctional officers (not prison guards) are underpaid, overworked, and have zero union protection. I invite you to try and get on with the NDOC if you feel that it is such a lucrative place to work. As far as crying over lost LEO jobs, it is apparent that you are simply anti-police which is all well and good. The problem lies in the fact that as soon as YOU need them you would surely be crying about how they were not there soon enough or able to do enough for you. Typical. Would you advocate the release of 50% of NV's current inmate population? Would you be willing to have convicted felons that should be behind heavy steel doors living in your neighborhood? You obviously also have no idea how state funding, vs. federal borrowing works. I can assure you that federal grants do not fund state prisons. Don't let facts get in the way of your emotional argument though.

Sincerely,

A Correctional Officer who happens to be for the legalization of drugs (and a small government conservative)
I know how one aspect of how prisons work, there's a thread on the True Crime forum entitled: How are drugs accessed in jail/prisons w/all the security measures? Check it out, and if you disagree with the consensus, feel free to argue.

Underpaid, overworked, zero union protection. That's me and millions of other workers in this country today!

I, perhaps, overlooked the wage structure of prison guards (I refuse to use that word correctional officers until the recidivism rate decreases in this country and they come out corrected) in Nevada, knowing full well the eye-popping wages of prison guards in CA! $54k a year for senior guards?????

Too many times, when you need the police, they're not there anyway! And if I were robbed or assaulted walking in my neighborhood some night, and they do catch the suspect, small comfort to know this person will land himself in prison and the taxpayers get robbed/assaulted for the costs of years of incarceration.

It's well known the percentage of our inmates in our state prisons, nationwide, in there for drug related charges, 25% minimum. Let them go! Let them go! Let those prison guards who were guarding over those inmates, find some other employment.

You advocate legalization of drugs. That's where we're alike, we're both willing to cut our own throats!

I work in a LTC facility, with vested interests, job dependency, and you don't dare air your views in one of these facilities about Right to Die laws or euthanasia. Paricularly, when panic sets in when there's 3 or 4 empty beds in the facility, and if there's 5 or more empty beds, some aide goes home that day without getting paid, unless they use their vacation time.

I've long been a proponent of a national Right to Die law (and euthanasia as well), and if we could ever bypass all the vested interests some day, I could likely be out of a job!

Last edited by tijlover; 08-25-2011 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 08-25-2011, 10:18 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Yep. Far too late to ban anything. The flood gates have already been opened. Like I said, address the core issue and everything else will follow. We're having continuous generations of youth completely lost and confused about what this world is all about. Disillusioned, depressed and distrusting. Our humanity is slowly slipping away and the only answer at the moment seems to be medication.
I have nothing but compassion for the youth of today. To many, it's an exercise in futility to try and change things politically, when they're vastly outnumbered, at the voting booths, by the baby boom generation. No surprise, it's the elderly that turn out in groves for elections.

When legalization of marijuana didn't pass, not too long ago, in CA, who were the main culprits?

If I were amongst the youth of today, facing retirement at 70 (and it's likely it'll go up from there) burdened down with student loans, still living with the parents in their 20's, with bleak job prospects, I'd find a way to get stoned everyday and self-destruct as painlessly as possible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas