Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 04:59 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times

Advertisements

Men are like carpets . . .
If a woman lays it right the first time ...
They can walk all over it, for the rest of their lives

Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Men are like carpets . . .
If a woman lays it right the first time ...
They can walk all over it, for the rest of their lives

What you seek you can find here.

Seeking Jamaharon : Stargazer Designs

Old 07-19-2012, 02:05 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I am really getting tired of always being approached by someone in the Costco parking lot and Walmart parking lot, asking for money. Yesterday it was a deaf guy, handing out little cards that he was deaf and needed money. Last time it was the same guy I've seen many times, saying he was traveling through Las Vegas and his car broke down, needs gas and cash. Before that, it was the same "homeless" family that later on I saw them all walking home to their nice neighborhood. Before that, it was a "homeless" guy that didn't look homeless. Before that it was the career "needs 70cents more for the bus" schemer. Lately, just getting into the Costco turn lane, there are now "homeless" people with signs blocking the roadway.
Just once it would be nice to go to the store without being bugged.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am really getting tired of always being approached by someone in the Costco parking lot and Walmart parking lot, asking for money. Yesterday it was a deaf guy, handing out little cards that he was deaf and needed money. Last time it was the same guy I've seen many times, saying he was traveling through Las Vegas and his car broke down, needs gas and cash. Before that, it was the same "homeless" family that later on I saw them all walking home to their nice neighborhood. Before that, it was a "homeless" guy that didn't look homeless. Before that it was the career "needs 70cents more for the bus" schemer. Lately, just getting into the Costco turn lane, there are now "homeless" people with signs blocking the roadway.
A popular one here about ten years ago was asking for phone money "so I can ring my father to come and pick me up." Generally young girls. It happened to me a number of times. The last time I was on my way home from a night shift. I had just gotten off the bus, and was tired. A young girl came at me, with the phone money scam - at 7am!! I lost my temper. I said "get away from me you stupid child, you're the fourth one this week, and I'm tired." Well, she followed me down the street awhile with abuse. I turned round, did my favourite glare, and said "do you want a slap?" Her face fell, she said sorry, and off she went. My father taught me that stare!!

It never happens anymore, must have been a scam that went out of fashion.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 AM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
No Jackson Hole this weekend
My Ex's Pet scan came back and his cancer has returned with a vengeance. There is nothing they can do but Chemo now.
So every minute with him is a treasure.

My daughter was very, very close to my Bill (her step dad) over 15 yrs of him being her other dad. He passed April 28th. Now her real dad will pass this year.
We will be going on a 14 day cruise with him and his wife paid for by my daughter she wants him to see Hawaii. Just have to schedule that around Chemo which I wish he wouldn't do he is so week now. I just want to steal him away and go as many places that we can while we can.

I am so heartbroken.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:33 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
No Jackson Hole this weekend
My Ex's Pet scan came back and his cancer has returned with a vengeance. There is nothing they can do but Chemo now.
So every minute with him is a treasure.

My daughter was very, very close to my Bill (her step dad) over 15 yrs of him being her other dad. He passed April 28th. Now her real dad will pass this year.
We will be going on a 14 day cruise with him and his wife paid for by my daughter she wants him to see Hawaii. Just have to schedule that around Chemo which I wish he wouldn't do he is so week now. I just want to steal him away and go as many places that we can while we can.

I am so heartbroken.

I'm so sorry, skisickie. You have, and have had, a lot of sadness to bear. In doing for those you love, please remember to take care of yourself, too.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 AM

Thank you observer, I was just getting to the point of feeling like my chest was not on fire. My Dr said I was looking and acting better. Now I am just back further, he is the love of my life. The father of my children. Lucky thing his wife that he is married to likes me. I have been over there more than home.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:50 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
Thank you observer, I was just getting to the point of feeling like my chest was not on fire. My Dr said I was looking and acting better. Now I am just back further, he is the love of my life. The father of my children. Lucky thing his wife that he is married to likes me. I have been over there more than home.
You are referring to an ex this way? Pardon me, but I'm confused. Sounds too good to have dissolved.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:18 PM

First Love
It took his wife now to make him whip into shape
I am way too passive, He is clean and sober for 6 yrs now.
You can't love an EX? Where do you put that love?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:03 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Tonight I was going to run into the store just to grab a few things. I pulled up and wanted to finish listening to a song that was on. I was just about to turn the car off when a loud banging on the passenger side window startled me. I looked out and there was a 25 ish year old about guy standing there looking at me with kind of crazed look. I immediately locked the door...I could hear him talking but my street smarts radar was going off...it just didn't feel safe. He looked dirty like he had not had a shower in some time, and there was something really crazy in his eyes. I could hear him call me a bit** as I started up my car. I felt bad because I normally would have at least gave him a few dollars. I just didn't feel safe.

Ive been approached more and more lately as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas