Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 07:46 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
So you do like the Superbowl though? Just not football in general?
Hate football. Hate the Superbowl. No, I don't even watch "for the commercials." I think that is dumb, I don't watch commercials any other time! I did flip to it to see Bruno Mars last time around, but that was it. Any sliver of hope that there might have been with me deciding to like the NFL was lost when they allowed that POS Michael Vick back on the field.

What I meant was, I thought world cup soccer was more annoying than football, but once the superbowl comes through town here in 2015, I may rethink that and realize the NFL is the worst. I am already tired of hearing about the superbowl coming here!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Isn't any sport you don't enjoy pretty easy to avoid? Don't watch it on TV, don't listen to sports radio, don't read about it online or in a real newspaper (if you stil get a real newspaper! )

You will be able to do pretty much the same thing when the Super Bowl comes to Phoenix in 2015, adding local news stations to the list of things to avoid or ration.
I will have to stay in my apartment under the covers, then. There are some HUGE sports fans where I work. During the last superbowl all I heard about was the playoffs and the "big game." People placing bets and wearing jerseys, etc. It's bound to be much worse this year with the game being not far from me. My boyfriend said it was horrible when the Superbowl was in his town a few years ago.

During World Cup, it was just as bad. Soccer jerseys, the games cranked up loud in the cafeteria with employees sitting around the TVs screaming and yelling. I've never known anyone who liked soccer other than my English friends, and suddenly everyone in the world is soccer's #1 fan. Work even had to send out a company widr email asking people to please not live stream the games, it was clogging up the network and slowing thngs down.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:11 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Hate football. Hate the Superbowl. No, I don't even watch "for the commercials." I think that is dumb, I don't watch commercials any other time! I did flip to it to see Bruno Mars last time around, but that was it. Any sliver of hope that there might have been with me deciding to like the NFL was lost when they allowed that POS Michael Vick back on the field.

What I meant was, I thought world cup soccer was more annoying than football, but once the superbowl comes through town here in 2015, I may rethink that and realize the NFL is the worst. I am already tired of hearing about the superbowl coming here!
eh...

He did his time. Time for folks to move on. We go child molesters, rapists, murderers and congress to worry about.

But anyway...

Do you like any sport?

Old 07-15-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
eh...

He did his time. Time for folks to move on. We go child molesters, rapists, murderers and congress to worry about.

But anyway...

Do you like any sport?
Sorry, Vick did not "do his time" for what he did. What he did was so horrific, he should never be free. Most people think he "just had dogs fight each other." Nope, far, far, FAR worse. What he did to those dogs was beyond brutal and he does not deserve to be playing football or doing much of anything. I will never buy anything Nike or eat at Subway because of their support of that POS.

Hockey is ok.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Sorry, Vick did not "do his time" for what he did. What he did was so horrific, he should never be free. Most people think he "just had dogs fight each other." Nope, far, far, FAR worse. What he did to those dogs was beyond brutal and he does not deserve to be playing football or doing much of anything. I will never buy anything Nike or eat at Subway because of their support of that POS.

Hockey is ok.
How much time do you feel he should have done?

I just wish there was this much passion towards child predators out on the streets.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:38 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,786,973 times
Quote:
How much time do you feel he should have done?

I just wish there was this much passion towards child predators out on the streets.
Everyone's got a cause...

Old 07-16-2014, 12:14 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Elle for you! There once was a footballer called George Best. He was arguably the greatest player ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp7cTlvHgUQ

Old 07-16-2014, 04:14 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:

I just wish there was more compassion for the many pedestrians killed on the streets of Las Vegas every year! How many each week, each month and it's not any more regarded as if they were deer being hit in the country!

And I don't want to hear it: Their fault! They weren't in a crosswalk!

And, some were in crosswalks, but did no good! 2 weeks ago, someone was run over on a sidewalk!

45MPH = 55-60MPH for speedy Las Vegans!

Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I just wish there was more compassion for the many pedestrians killed on the streets of Las Vegas every year! How many each week, each month and it's not any more regarded as if they were deer being hit in the country!

And I don't want to hear it: Their fault! They weren't in a crosswalk!

And, some were in crosswalks, but did no good! 2 weeks ago, someone was run over on a sidewalk!

45MPH = 55-60MPH for speedy Las Vegans!
I have mixed feelings about who is at fault during these deaths. Each week there is a news report with different factors:

either...

Driver was drunk
Pedestrian was drunk
Driver was speeding
Pedestrian wasn't in marked crosswalk
Driver was under the influence of a controlled substance
Pedestrian was wearing all dark clothing at night
Intersection is a bad design
Drivers don't care
Pedestrians looking for a pay day

etc

Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Do you know how many times, walking to the bus stop at night, or even driving my car this city, I've run into cars with no headlights on!

Add that to the List! Pedestrian didn't see the car coming, no lights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas