Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I have no problem with street performers that actually DO something, so long as they are LEGAL....and by LEGAL I mean, no wants or warrants and legal to work in the US....and NO Sex offenders......and one sign of HUSTLING and they get their license pulled.

I was in SF one time....at the Giradelli Sq Trolly terminal....there was a 12 string guitar picker there....with an open case...and it was fillin up with money but he was diddling the strings....not playin a lot...and nothing tough....

i listened for a while....he looked to be kinda drug addled....but I threw in $10 in his case cause he was playin "OK".....I said "Play Under the double Eagle"....he looked up and kinda moaned...."Oh Mannnn, your gonna blow my cover here." and he played the absolute BEST and most KICKASS version Ive ever heard.....BETTER then Roy Clark.

But they HAVE to do something, not just sit n look stupid.
Yeah I don't get the Sponge Bob or the Care Bear standing there with a box for tips. Sure, it's "work" to wear that suit in 100+ degree heat, but I'm not paying them.

I did see a few that were good, including a Michael Jackson that did a very impressive dance routine for us. I regret not getting a picture of him. He looked like the real deal!

On one of the bridges I saw a couple of dude sitting with a cat on a leash. A CAT! I almost gave them money for cat food. LOL The people are on their own.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 AM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
my grandkids love the sponge bob and care bears. I wouldn't do it so more power to them. Better than having them rob me or sell drugs to make money.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
ONE of the Spongedorks was picked up because he was a child sex offender [unregistered] that's why I push for licensing.

I don't know about the ones that are still working as SB SP BUT....one of them that I saw downtown....looks exactly the same with or without costume

Old 11-01-2011, 10:18 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Just remember my words when you reach into your wallet to tip a buck or two
We were downtown last Saturday night. The guy in the Transformers costume (it was pretty good) wanted $5 for a picture with him. Some people tried to take a picture (not with him) and he would turn around before they could get the picture. He was an a$$. On the other hand, if you paid him, he would give you his gun and pose for several pictures.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:53 AM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
I have no problem with street performers that actually DO something, so long as they are LEGAL....and by LEGAL I mean, no wants or warrants and legal to work in the US....and NO Sex offenders......and one sign of HUSTLING and they get their license pulled.

I was in SF one time....at the Giradelli Sq Trolly terminal....there was a 12 string guitar picker there....with an open case...and it was fillin up with money but he was diddling the strings....not playin a lot...and nothing tough....

i listened for a while....he looked to be kinda drug addled....but I threw in $10 in his case cause he was playin "OK".....I said "Play Under the double Eagle"....he looked up and kinda moaned...."Oh Mannnn, your gonna blow my cover here." and he played the absolute BEST and most KICKASS version Ive ever heard.....BETTER then Roy Clark.

But they HAVE to do something, not just sit n look stupid.
There are some great street performers in San Fran near the Wharf.
I once paid a street performer $1 to jump rope for 1 minute.
I thought that it was an interesting street talent. His sign said "will jump for money."

Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
We were downtown last Saturday night. The guy in the Transformers costume (it was pretty good) wanted $5 for a picture with him. Some people tried to take a picture (not with him) and he would turn around before they could get the picture. He was an a$$. On the other hand, if you paid him, he would give you his gun and pose for several pictures.
Those are the ones I want to see run out of town.....you get a tip IF someone wants to....anything else is hustling

Same trip to SF....we were looking at an info board trying to figure out where we were and WHY....a lady walking by stopped and said "Can I help you find something" We said yes....she did and AFTER she had offered help and helped us....only then did she say that she was homeless and asked if we could help....I gave her $20....

MOST of the people that we seem to have are nothing more then pondscum.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Those are the ones I want to see run out of town.....you get a tip IF someone wants to....anything else is hustling

Same trip to SF....we were looking at an info board trying to figure out where we were and WHY....a lady walking by stopped and said "Can I help you find something" We said yes....she did and AFTER she had offered help and helped us....only then did she say that she was homeless and asked if we could help....I gave her $20....

MOST of the people that we seem to have are nothing more then pondscum.
My same trip to SF had a similar situation. Street guy came up to our car as we kept circling blocks looking for a place to park. He asked if we wanted him to help find a parking spot. We said yes. He said follow me. He led us to a place to park. He never asked for anything. I gave him $5 for his effort.
Those SF street guy are willing to work for their money.

I don't care if they are ex-cons or whatever. They are preforming a service and staying out of trouble.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:39 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
This has not been my experience. I have moved several times and my mail has always been forwarded as requested in a prompt manner. The only times my mail was delivered all at once was when I had my mail held while I was away on vacation, etc - and that was because that is what I requested.

Holding, forwarding, and address changes are much easier to do now than what it was several years ago. Everything can be done online.

USPS - Options for Receiving Mail (http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforreceivingmail/welcome.htm?from=household&page=optionsrecmail - broken link)
I called USPS today about forwarding mail if you have a secondary or vacation home. He said you have to do a temporary forward and have to do it every 6 months It sure would be nice to have a forward that is done in perpetuity. That is just a pain in the a@#@#@ What do other people with second/vacation homes do?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I added a SPA, and have been making sure it is working (using it like 2 times a day)
I bet the ghost will love it!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
Did anyone see the downtown parade? I head it was terrible but that Fremont street was packed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas