Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 12:14 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Around the M&Ms store on the strip and Fremont Street Experience there seems to already be too much competition for them. When leaving the M&Ms store with my daughter earlier this year, there was Spiderman, Cinderella, Ironman, Power Puff girls and some type of cartoon bear. My daughter was having a hard time figuring out who to take a picture with. lol

My mom came to visit a month later. Took her down on Fremont st. We played guess the "celebrity" most of the night.

We spotted...

Showgirls, Tom Petty, MJ, Kid Rock, KISS, Ron Jeremy, Jason, Simba(Lion King), Mike Tyson, Neo(Matrix)....The rest we could not figure out.
Don't forget the Bandit and Buford T Justice

Old 10-30-2011, 12:29 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,090 times
Since people are already herded around like cattle on the strip maybe I will dress up as a toll booth operator and all the really drunk people and other hypnotized tourists will just drop change in my hand.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:35 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,404 times
Good one^...couldn't rep ya yet.

I saw PeeWee Herman and Chuckie. Fremont was very crowded and NO ONE stopped to even glance at them. Showgirls do good. Big Bird was flapping around by himself the whole time too. It's over done, IMO. I won't even go by the M&Ms store area anymore...way too congested. I think they ought to herd them all in one circular plaza and then if people want to check them out, they go there. Otherwise, to me, it's ugly.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:44 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Good one^...couldn't rep ya yet.

I saw PeeWee Herman and Chuckie. Fremont was very crowded and NO ONE stopped to even glance at them. Showgirls do good. Big Bird was flapping around by himself the whole time too. It's over done, IMO. I won't even go by the M&Ms store area anymore...way too congested. I think they ought to herd them all in one circular plaza and then if people want to check them out, they go there. Otherwise, to me, it's ugly.
I would vote for that Kimmie.....have you EVER seen anything worse to pass off on a kid then the SpongeBob Dirty Pants?

I overheard one telling a tourista last night that they HAD to tip for a picture..... AFTER they had sucked them in for the pic. Hopefully that is what Carrolyn G can change.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I would vote for that Kimmie.....have you EVER seen anything worse to pass off on a kid then the SpongeBob Dirty Pants?

I overheard one telling a tourista last night that they HAD to tip for a picture..... AFTER they had sucked them in for the pic. Hopefully that is what Carrolyn G can change.
Before I moved here I was visiting down on the strip and my girlfriend took a picture with a really bad elvis impersonator. I went to give him 50 cents I had left in my pocket and he got all pissed and said "I take bills!". I said, that's too bad, kept the change and walked away.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:04 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,260,775 times
When did all these characters start invading the strip? I dont remember seeing them when I was working at the Venetian-maybe I was just in a hurry to get the heck out of there?

What can they do anyway if you dont tip them besides complain? I heard these guys tell a go-go dancer on Fremont street that she can go & you know what when she demanded a tip because she took a picture & danced with them.

Also there was a hula hooping acrobat type lady that wasn't wearing any shoes or even using at least a yoga mat, that is gross.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,923 times
This tough economy has made me change my views. If these people can keep a roof over their heads and food on their table doing this in a down economy, more power to them. I happened to watch an episode of TruTv about the Clark County Jail. The police warned a man who was selling cans of beer on the street without a permit. He had apparently been warned a few times before, he told the police officer that he has been trying to get legitimate work and is now just trying to feed his kids.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:29 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,315 times
Im with you Pommysmommy. I have been at the Flamingo for twelve days and have watched the same card snappers every day. They irritate me yet they are trying to survive in this down economy. I don't understand how they make any money but there has to be income coming from somewhere in that arangement. It's very sad.

On an up note though...Vegas seems very busy on this trip.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
When did all these characters start invading the strip? I dont remember seeing them when I was working at the Venetian-maybe I was just in a hurry to get the heck out of there?

What can they do anyway if you dont tip them besides complain? I heard these guys tell a go-go dancer on Fremont street that she can go & you know what when she demanded a tip because she took a picture & danced with them.

Also there was a hula hooping acrobat type lady that wasn't wearing any shoes or even using at least a yoga mat, that is gross.
When the Peoples Republik of Kalifonia finally came up with a law that kept em off the streets in Hollywierd, they came here....we had never had a problem so had never bothered to legislate it....NOW, it's a major problem....

I have NO problem with legitimate buskars....I have a major problem with the dregs that we sometimes get....i.e. the phoney 'Nurses" in the fake Uniforms...all sweet little latin American Girls...panhandling to help the homeless....all run by one guy in LA who provides em with their transportaion and their houseing.....10 or 15 to a flop room. and takes all the money....and if they don't turn it over he blows thw whistle with the Feds and they get deported.....

Old 10-30-2011, 04:39 PM

a Few moonths back it was found that one of the SpongeBob characters was in fact and unregistered chil sex offender.....

hmmmm spongebob.....children....hmmmmmmmmm

They should be PERMITTED, LICENSED, INDEPENDANT, and Investigated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas