Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 02:54 PM

140 posts, read 508,851 times

Advertisements

"I'm not a killer, I'm not monster", claimed Trevor Carter almost two years ago while being interviewed in the North Las Vegas jail.
One week before Christmas, Las Vegas watched in horror as a car accident in the middle of a deserted area of Losee Rd and 215 unfolded into a murder of a innocent, beautiful, red-headed four year old boy named Trenton Quick. Trevor Carter had beaten the little boy and then staged a car accident to cover it up.
The scene of the crime; a nice two bedroom apartment in North Las Vegas, a pink Christmas tree left blinking it's cheery light, a cat meowing in the window, and feces on the floor in the bathroom, the house quiet and eerily still. Trevor Carter had beaten Trenton Quick because he had an accident in his pants right in front of the toilet. He beat him approximately 10 times with his belt, and also stated in a police interview that he had "punched Trenton in the stomach so hard he fell down". He then drove to the desert and staged a car accident and called 911; by the time paramedics arrived Trenton had died, his mouth filled with blood and his abdomen covered in bruises.
Now on the brink of the anniversary of Trenton's death; Trevor Carter has been offered a plea bargain from District Attorney Vickie Monroe, a plea to testify against Trenton's mother, Amber Scott, who had been dropped off at work prior to the death of her son, and Trevor Carter, child killer, will now receive only a second degree murder charge. How is it right that a man who brutally beat a child to death would even be ALLOWED to have a plea bargain offered to him? His plea could allow him to walk out of prison while he is in his early 40's, while Trenton sits forever entombed in an urn on the mantle, never going to kindergarten, never to make new friends and live life as any child deserves, happily.
Thank you for your time. I hope that once the public is aware of how the legal system is handling child killers, maybe then justice can be brought for Trenton and he can finally rest in peace.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:30 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineshallow View Post
Trevor Carter had beaten the little boy and then staged a car accident to cover it up.

Now on the brink of the anniversary of Trenton's death; Trevor Carter has been offered a plea bargain from District Attorney Vickie Monroe, a plea to testify against Trenton's mother, Amber Scott, who had been dropped off at work prior to the death of her son, and Trevor Carter, child killer, will now receive only a second degree murder charge. How is it right that a man who brutally beat a child to death would even be ALLOWED to have a plea bargain offered to him? His plea could allow him to walk out of prison while he is in his early 40's

I hope that once the public is aware of how the legal system is handling child killers, maybe then justice can be brought for Trenton and he can finally rest in peace.
District Attorney's often play slime ball politics and care nothing about 'justice' for the victims of crimes. It is very simple, they are trying to get 2 convictions for the price of 1 trial -- that of the mother, Amber Scott. Trevor Carter pleads and the system doesn't have to spend the money for a trial to convict him. Sure, it isn't right for people with values and morals, but who said the DA had any of those? It boils down to money and the cost of "justice."

Believe me, this type of crap goes on all the time with the DA's office. It is sickening to people on the 'outside' so to speak to see how the court system operates. Unfortunately, people that have had little exposure to the court system do not know how it operates and how unjust it truly is. For people like myself that have had exposure to it despise the incompetent, arrogant, and 'couldn't give a crap' attitude of the court system.

Until people start demanding reform of the court system just like they have of the health care system, it will forever be a system that let's killer's free, abusers abuse, and persecute those that protect and defend.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:40 PM

12 posts, read 24,657 times
And according to Christianity the murderer will be forgiven. Some things just aren't fair.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:59 PM

I understand the twofer totally, it's what I've been saying all along. It just seems so unjust and wrong that this man can actually walk away with less time served than the mother if she is convicted. Her life has been shattered as it is....now he works to take away her freedom, it's amazing what abusers can really get away with.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,720 times
Default Ny>lv

I am considering relocating to LV. I am looking for either a house or a condo, but don't wanna live in a high rise, as I have a motorcycle and 2 cars, and don't like rules..I like a garage and pool, etc. I am single so I do want to be close to the strip, and the nightlife, but don't want to be in traffic everywhere I go. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a great area to live where RE is reasonable, but is considered a hot area to be in, but yet close enough to the strip to work and play? I am working with broker but am interested in non partisan feedback.
Thanks.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:23 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Let me guess, at least one of those cars is a Lexus, right? You want a safe place, near the Strip, not a high rise, and no rules? Hmmm...may I suggest fantasy land? From the sound of it you've never been to Vegas. The only safe places near the Strip are high rises, especially if you've got the green for three vehicles. You'd be better of renting a house with a garage, so that you can protect your investments. Best of luck to you in any case, because you're really going to need it.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Suspect pleads guilty in death of 6-year-old

23-year-old faces life sentence

By DOUG McMURDO
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

A Las Vegas man who in 2007 staged a car accident to cover up the death of his former girlfriend's child pleaded guilty to second-degree murder by child abuse Monday in District Court.

Trevor John Carter, 23, faces the possibility of life in prison. He also has pleaded guilty to three additional felony child abuse counts. He won't be eligible for parole for at least 12 years, according to the plea agreement worked out by prosecutor Vickie Monroe and Deputy Public Defender Norm Reed.

The mother, Amber Scott, 26, goes to trial in December. She faces three felony charges related to child abuse and neglect.

Carter crashed his car in the desert near Losee Road, about a mile from Las Vegas Beltway, one week before Christmas 2007. He told officers he wrecked while racing 4-year-old Trenton Quick to the hospital after noticing blood in the boy's mouth. Carter told police he had taken Trenton and his sibling out to target shoot.

From the start, North Las Vegas police doubted Carter's story, and an autopsy confirmed the suspicions. The coroner ruled Quick died from blunt trauma to his abdominal area and had been a victim of prolonged child abuse. Quick died before the accident.

The coroner ruled Quick had 35 injuries on his body, many that were caused prior to the accident.

When questioned by District Judge Douglas Herndon, Carter admitted he struck Quick with belts and his hands. In one incident, he pushed the boy off a ladder. He also admitted to abusing Tyler Quick, 6, and 3-year-old Trinity Quick.

Donna Carter, the defendant's mother, flew to Las Vegas from her home in Arkansas to hear her son enter his pleas. She said it is her "mother's hunch" that her son is innocent. She said Carter pleaded guilty in part to avoid having to look at autopsy photographs at a trial.

Herndon set a Feb. 16 sentencing date. Carter is expected to testify against Scott at her trial next month.

Carter has been in the Clark County Detention Center since December 2007. Scott is free on bail. Carter faces a sentence of 10 years to life on the murder charge; two to 20 years on the charge of child abuse causing substantial bodily harm; and one to six years on each of two counts of felony child abuse and neglect.

Contact Doug McMurdo at dmcmurdo@reviewjournal .com or 702-380-8135.

Suspect pleads guilty in death of 6-year-old - News - ReviewJournal.com

Old 11-17-2009, 12:27 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
no rules.... three letters dude........H O A

Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
One can only hope that they place him in general population......there he will get his 'just rewards'

Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,862,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
You'd be better of renting a house with a garage, so that you can protect your investments. Best of luck to you in any case, because you're really going to need it.
Did they ever end up building car condos anywhere in Las Vegas? You could live in a high-rise, and still work on your car in the car condo, assuming the rules allow such a thing. You're usually allowed to detail your car in a car condo, but I'm not sure about major repairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas