Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post
MMoB:

I think you should consider the source. jfkIII "slams" anyone or everyone whenever the mood strikes. I enjoy hearing about your travels -- don't stop posting.
C'mon...I was just thinking about some of the locals who post in here and what they may be going through right now. There's a whole travel forum in the general section if you like hearing about others travels.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:01 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
She just told me to apply, and did not tell me how. I haven't a clue where to start, what the restrictions and requirements are,etc. I haven't had to worry about something like this for years, since we had been covered all the time up until the job losses. Why don't these thing happen when we have insurance? Even then, I bet it would have cost a fortune.
Having had to deal with medicaid for my last job I can tell you that they are certainly one of the top 5 most dysfunctional organizations I have ever had the courtesy to deal with. Their paperwork is a nightmare and yes, it would certainly help to have someone guiding you through it.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
C'mon...I was just thinking about some of the locals who post in here and what they may be going through right now. There's a whole travel forum in the general section if you like hearing about others travels.
In all fairness, this is the LV chat thread and you can pretty much talk about anything. (see elkos threads).

I think it is great that someone is able to enjoy their retirement, be excited about it and be able to share their experiences! It is actually inspiring that the economy didn't take everyone down and sometimes this thread and forum, for that matter, needs some UP news. Don't you think?

I say, bring it on! I also enjoyed reading about your trip!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
In all fairness, this is the LV chat thread and you can pretty much talk about anything. (see elkos threads).

I think it is great that someone is able to enjoy their retirement, be excited about it and be able to share their experiences! It is actually inspiring that the economy didn't take everyone down and sometimes this thread and forum, for that matter, needs some UP news. Don't you think?

Yup - MMB brings a certain elan to life...The retirement of a true hedonist...I remain jealous though it would liklely kill me rather quickly.

I would also note for JFK that MMB has a significant set of fangs...

Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM

351 posts, read 837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
Getting closer to living in LV. We're signing up with the realtor next Wednesday and who knows what the future holds?
Don't "sign up" with a realtor. There are thousands in LV who'd love to help you without your committing to them. Good luck.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

I would also note for JFK that MMB has a significant set of fangs...
Indeed. You would think he would be more relaxed with so many lavish adventures.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:10 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Indeed. You would think he would be more relaxed with so many lavish adventures.
Nahhh - You have to push hard to have that much fun...it is stressful.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Nahhh - You have to push hard to have that much fun...it is stressful.
Lol, if it's stressful then it isn't that much fun.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

I have had no less than three regular posters here thank me for bringing it up (with added reps...thank you! ) That certainly doesn't mean that anyone has to curtail their lavish trip reports...but rather, that it is a vaild consideration.

I know that nobody is right or wrong here...but sometimes it helps to consider other opinions.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
LOL. Hey, that's cool. JMO about enjoying reading about everyone's trips!

(kinda weird bringing up your reps, though....but if it makes you feel better...!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas