Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,683 times

Advertisements

Retroactive Birth Control isn't going to happen.

Thank you for NOT breeding.

The Stork by Nina Paley - YouTube

Old 09-28-2011, 11:15 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,031,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Just when I thought you knew what you were talking about...then this! Someone who has decided to commit suicide should NEVER involve an innocent party(ies) into their death act! If they decide suicide is their way out, then they should do it on their own. Why mess up the life of the driver of the semi, who would have to live his life with that guilt?????
I agree, I didn't really think through that one, especially after having once read a book devoted to those impacted by killing someone accidentally.

Working in a Rehab facility I get so frustarated, at times, these alcoholics/drug addicts, coming back & forth, back & forth, repeatedly, year after year, where there's no hope in sight, for them or the family.

Alright then! Jump off the highest level of a parking ramp, and look before you jump!

What I've found so puzzling and amusing about the alcoholics I've known in my 60 years, is if you mention suicide, the look of shock on their faces: I would never consider doing that!

Last edited by tijlover; 09-28-2011 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-29-2011, 03:23 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,213 times
This is what I like about this thread. It goes from the trivial, to thought provoking in an
instant! I guess as you get older, and you see various relatives and friends die, sometimes
painfully, you think more of such things. I grew up on old hollywood movies, were people
always have long painless death scenes. Real life is rarely like that. I hope like everyone else
when my time comes it won't be a long and drawn out painful one. If, this happens to be
the case, I hope I have the courage to end it on my own terms.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
What I've found so puzzling and amusing about the alcoholics I've known in my 60 years, is if you mention suicide, the look of shock on their faces: I would never consider doing that!
Just goes to show that they consider their lives worth living, even if it is in a messed up stupor. They become so used to being buzzed that they know no different. They forget how it was to live sober.

Or they are really just cowards, afraid to live sober and afraid to die. Not realizing they are really walking dead.

I don't understand that mentality and I hope I never do! I wonder, is it really that bad? And if so, maybe if they became sober, it wouldn't be. Might require a little work to get their life back, but it could be worth it.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
What the hell kind of facility do you work for that would actually councel suicide as a solution to alcohol and/or drug addiction???? Extremely immoral and irresponsible, IMO. You definitely don't want me on your jury, as I would hold anyone who suggests suicide in that position to be partially responsible for that person's death by suicide! If one of your charges actually commits suicide, do you actually want that on your conscience????

Suicide is an extremely personal decision that can solely (and souly) come from within an individual as a solution. Even the Japanese WWII suicide pilots (Hare Kare) had to summon that decision from within.

Obviously, our only common ground exists in the fact that we both support right-to-die issues for the terminally ill. I do not agree on your thoughts of suicide, at all.

Last edited by jfkIII; 09-29-2011 at 08:07 AM..

Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
And the DMV saga continues...my Mom thought she was finally done, after only six visits...nope...they called her, and told her SHE forgot a paper...Hello, isn't it THEIR job to give her the correct forms to fill out? Every time she went, she got a different answer over there...so, she is going over there AGAIN...another day of living in Vegas....dealing with the DMV. The drama continues.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:53 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
This is what I like about this thread. It goes from the trivial, to thought provoking in an
instant! I guess as you get older, and you see various relatives and friends die, sometimes
painfully, you think more of such things. I grew up on old hollywood movies, were people
always have long painless death scenes. Real life is rarely like that. I hope like everyone else
when my time comes it won't be a long and drawn out painful one. If, this happens to be
the case, I hope I have the courage to end it on my own terms.
When my time comes I hope there is a big party, BBQ, live band music to celebrate my time on earth, not somber about me being gone.

Last edited by von949; 09-29-2011 at 10:13 AM..

Old 09-29-2011, 09:58 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times
This movie was based on a true story that is definitely worth watching regarding suicide. This is definitely the way I would like to go, but I cannot find Seconal, and I highly doubt my friends would go for this.

It's My Party (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post

Won't let me rep you, so I'll do it here. I know I will catch flack for this but I couldn't agree more.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post

I liked the stork bombs...

I support 40th trimester abortions.

Unplanned Parenthood (Season 2, Episode 2) - Video Clips - South Park Studios

"Keep your laws off my body!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas