Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 10:03 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,724 times

Advertisements

In my opinion camping is worse than living in your car, camping takes so much effort, meals, gear, ice, etc and then I end up sleeping on the floor of the RV. What a crock of mac and cheese!

By the way why do places think mac & cheese is worth 15.00? Because they wave some truffle oil on the top, or use more than one cheese?

And I miss DavieJ89 does anyone know where he is or how he is?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
My last experiences with camping was when I was a girl scout. It was on a tent on a slab of cement with cots but deep in the woods so LOTS of bugs. Yuck. And eating food cooked over an open fire out of a mess kit. OMG I hated that even at 9 years old.

I might be able to do that now in a nice RV with running water and AC but is that really camping?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post

And I miss DavieJ89 does anyone know where he is or how he is?
Davie posted in here a couple of days back....he's planning to come back to LV next year but with a better game plan

Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
My last experiences with camping was when I was a girl scout. It was on a tent on a slab of cement with cots but deep in the woods so LOTS of bugs. Yuck. And eating food cooked over an open fire out of a mess kit. OMG I hated that even at 9 years old.

I might be able to do that now in a nice RV with running water and AC but is that really camping?
LOL...I did those slab tent things too with the GS. We had mosquito nets over our cots. The place was over run with cats that would sit outside the tents and howl like babies. It was pretty scary at 8 or 9 yrs old!

My husband mentioned once about getting A/C in our camper and I said, "no way, those kids will NEVER leave it!" Then, you are right, it isn't really camping. Plus, I think it just makes it feel hotter outside when you come out from the air. Instead, we spent most hot days by the water! We sold our camper when we moved to LV and I do miss it. I am thinking when I hit the Lotto, I will go all out and get the monster motor home!! Then we will travel the USA to all our vacation homes!

Old 06-21-2012, 12:56 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
LOL...I did those slab tent things too with the GS. We had mosquito nets over our cots. The place was over run with cats that would sit outside the tents and howl like babies. It was pretty scary at 8 or 9 yrs old!

My husband mentioned once about getting A/C in our camper and I said, "no way, those kids will NEVER leave it!" Then, you are right, it isn't really camping. Plus, I think it just makes it feel hotter outside when you come out from the air. Instead, we spent most hot days by the water! We sold our camper when we moved to LV and I do miss it. I am thinking when I hit the Lotto, I will go all out and get the monster motor home!! Then we will travel the USA to all our vacation homes!

I'd be okay with a GS camp overrun by cats! I grew up with a TON of cats when I was a kid (at one time we had 22. Yes really) It was other things in the woods (bugs, mostly) that I had an issue with.

My best friend's mom was one of the GS leaders and one campout we were getting our sleeping bags out in our tent. On the underside of the cot, right where my head would be above, was a HUGE spider nest. I FREAKED! My friend's mom switched cots with me and went to sleep with her head inches away from the nest. I had trouble sleeping at all in the same TENT with potentially 1000s of baby spiders hatching.

We also had to use latrenes (sp?) and go hiking...SO not me. I like to be outside, but I am not outdoorsy. (see my status)

Another memory. One campout we stayed in the lodge because it was too cold to sleep in the tents (Aw, what a shame!). it was a big house with a kitchen, etc. The night of the campout was the same night as the day the TV show Dallas was going to reveal who shot JR. One of the leaders brought a portable TV and we all had to be quiet from 9 to 10 while they watched that show. I was 8

Old 06-21-2012, 02:46 PM

a few yrs ago we sat outside the red rock with a group and watched fireworks they were the best ever! Right smack dab in your face, it felt like they would land on you.
This year I have an invite to the vip party. I put off making reservations not knowing for sure what my plans would be. I hope they still have room, because all others are all camping, LOL, LOL, LOL

Old 06-21-2012, 02:56 PM

Oh Yeah! there is room!!!!!! Red Rock has the best pool ever Locals can swim for free at the topless pool which I have done but the main is soooo much better.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
I really like my apartment, but this is not the 1990's anymore. I have an old analog White-Rogers thermostat, and it drives me crazy since it is so inaccurate. I have complained and complained, and the office told me they have replaced the face of it three times already. I put in the work orders on the website for a new digital one, not replace the face. Well I have finally had enough. I just ordered a digital thermostat on Amazon for $27 that I will put it on myself. When I fry the wiring and cause a huge fire here, they will have only themselves to blame. That is the only reason I am making this post. Keep an eye on the news....

Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 PM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I really like my apartment, but this is not the 1990's anymore. I have an old analog White-Rogers thermostat, and it drives me crazy since it is so inaccurate. I have complained and complained, and the office told me they have replaced the face of it three times already. I put in the work orders on the website for a new digital one, not replace the face. Well I have finally had enough. I just ordered a digital thermostat on Amazon for $27 that I will put it on myself. When I fry the wiring and cause a huge fire here, they will have only themselves to blame. That is the only reason I am making this post. Keep an eye on the news....
Put your good stuff in the car and move it away from the building before you start the install. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:30 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Put your good stuff in the car and move it away from the building before you start the install. Good luck.
I am sick of freezing at night and then cooking during the day even though I set it at 75. I signed a 15 month lease, and I am not going to live like this. I am not going to burn the place down or anything like that, but at this point I am going to take matters in my own hands and install a new digital thermostat myself, whether I am allowed to or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas