Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Well done Kimba. What a journey! You'll have to change your heading now!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
like!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Welcome to Las Vegas Kimba.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Welcome home! The monsoon season is supposed to be starting soon, will make you feel like you are back in Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Hey welcomer home...remember the Equistrian? Hell you even liked it there.

So get right to it. A skinny dip is the approved way of arriving at anywhere with a pool...
LOL! Just as soon as my brother leaves! I did like the Equestrian, but this is much better, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Welcome back kimba. Back for good yet or just visiting?
Thanks everyone! Yes, I am here for good now. My visits will now be back to MI to see the family, instead of visiting here.

My brother is bugging me to take a late night stroll in search of the nasty spiders, veiwing them with a flashlight. I am not buying it. I like to sleep!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOldfield View Post
LOL! Stowe is right up the road from B&J, maple syrup places are EVERYWHERE! I can hook ya up to "real" maple syrup if you want...Dakin Farm. The founder, Sam Cutting III, was a fighter pilot with my dad, good family friends. One of those "small family business-gone commercial" stories, but you still feel like it's a small business if you visit the original store. Nothing beats tapping the trees by hand in a small sugarbush, though--which I've done--and dumping the buckets into the steaming vat. Sugar-on-Snow in the early Spring is about the best thing going!

Which reminds me, I must remember to ask for syrup for Xmas this year from the family ;-)
Get some for me too! Maple syrup is one of my favorite things in the universe.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Default Whiners!

One reason I cannot wait to move to a warmer climate...I am sick of people whining about how hot it is outside. We are looking at a week of temps near 100 every day. (YAY!) Just watching the local news is getting annoying because the weather people keep saying things like "Ugh, it's going to be hot again" or "Sorry to tell you this heat is sticking around..." or "looks like near 100 again today; I know you are all tired of this heat."

WRONG!

It's summer, get over it!

I want to blow this up and post it in my front yard:

Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
So I installed some misters in the backyard. What a difference they make in this weather. Should have done this a long time ago.
Lord help the mister...who comes between me and my sister. And Lord help the sister...who comes between ME AND MY MAN!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 AM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
One time I was talking on and on about maple syrup about how the price has gone up and how the only way to eat pancakes is with real maple. I was telling my daughter about it for some reason. I asked her what was I talking about before I started about maple syrup? She said "Oh I wasn't listening", I asked do you know why I was talking about maple syrup? Nope

So now when someone forgets what the heck we are talking about or why, we just call it Maple Syrup.
I love me some Maple Syrup.....Now I want pancakes and I am really trying to loose weight. Would it be ok to just eat pancakes and nothing else today.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
One time I was talking on and on about maple syrup about how the price has gone up and how the only way to eat pancakes is with real maple. I was telling my daughter about it for some reason. I asked her what was I talking about before I started about maple syrup? She said "Oh I wasn't listening", I asked do you know why I was talking about maple syrup? Nope

So now when someone forgets what the heck we are talking about or why, we just call it Maple Syrup.
I love me some Maple Syrup.....Now I want pancakes and I am really trying to loose weight. Would it be ok to just eat pancakes and nothing else today.
One 4" diameter pancake is around 90 calories. A tablespoon of syrup is around 55 calories. You can have pancakes if you are trying to lose weight, just be mindful of how much syrup you use. 4 pancakes of that size and 4 tbsp of syrup is 580 calories. Not bad for one meal.

I'm not wild about maple syrup myself, TOO sweet. And maple anything else is nauseating to me, like the smell of a maple frosted donut. YUCK!

And why is it that every time you put syrup on anything it seems to end up all over the counter? I'm always finding sticky spots where my slob of a roommate spills his syrup. (he eats a lot of frozen waffles)

Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Lord help the mister...who comes between me and my sister. And Lord help the sister...who comes between ME AND MY MAN!
If only there was a way that I could install some spray misters on our trampoline.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
White Christmas (which really sounds racist)

Jonathan

Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
So I installed some misters in the backyard. What a difference they make in this weather. Should have done this a long time ago.
Sent from my iPhone while driving using Tapatalk.
What kind?
are they "hard wired"
do you use distilled water?
how do you keep them from gunking up?

Jonathan

Old 07-02-2012, 01:34 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
What kind?
are they "hard wired"
do you use distilled water?
how do you keep them from gunking up?

Jonathan
Not hard wired. It connects to the outside faucet. I added a tripple Y adapter so with one little turn, the mister, garden sprinkler or garden hose for the pool turns on automatically. I purchased the DIY Orbit misters from Lowes. The starter kit(10 feet) is only about $20 but the extension kits(about the same price) are when the price starts to increase. I needed a little over 50 feet worth of spray line.

There is a relief valve for the system to drain the residual water. One simple turn and all of the water is purged. Plus the replacement nozzles are very cheap.

Pretty much everything that I have below. Except the Y adapter that I have is a 4 way.

Starter kit

Extension kit

Spray nozzles, Very cheap

Adapter you will most likely need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas