Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,154,517 times

Advertisements

Is this sign too close to the school?

Sent from phone using app

Old 08-28-2012, 10:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Neighborly..

must read this troll & Tehnikonline.ro - StumbleUpon

Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
This nightshift worker got a nice little taste of what it's like to be a normal human being again, preparing for a trip out of town tomorrow. Usually get up at 6pm everyday, and today I arose at noon! What a shock to my body!!!

Normally, I shop at Wal Mart around 3am, tonite I went at 8pm and what a jolt, to see so many people in the store! And all the traffic on the streets!

Tomorrow I'll be getting up at 8am, 2 hours short of my usual bedtime! To say it's a very weird experience for a 11-year nightshift worker, is putting it mildly!

It's like landing on another planet!!! Get back from my 3 day trip, and then I'll have to go through a whole readjustment period once again!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
This nightshift worker got a nice little taste of what it's like to be a normal human being again, preparing for a trip out of town tomorrow. Usually get up at 6pm everyday, and today I arose at noon! What a shock to my body!!!

Normally, I shop at Wal Mart around 3am, tonite I went at 8pm and what a jolt, to see so many people in the store! And all the traffic on the streets!

Tomorrow I'll be getting up at 8am, 2 hours short of my usual bedtime! To say it's a very weird experience for a 11-year nightshift worker, is putting it mildly!

It's like landing on another planet!!! Get back from my 3 day trip, and then I'll have to go through a whole readjustment period once again!
It's about time you joined the land of the living again. Sorry it felt like the Twilight Zone. I like all the hustle and bustle when out and about. It makes me appreciate my peaceful home that much more when we return home.
Good luck on your trip. I hope it's a good one. Travel safe.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,844 times
Another holiday weekend right around the corner.
Summer season is almost over.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:43 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Another holiday weekend right around the corner.
Summer season is almost over.
Shhhhh....

It's supposed to be near 100 today (yay!) but I can just rell the summer is winding down (boo!). I get very depressed this time of year. I HATE HATE HATE fall. I hate the changing leaves, cold and dark mornings, and all of it. The trees look best GREEN. not ugly browns and oranges.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Shhhhh....

It's supposed to be near 100 today (yay!) but I can just rell the summer is winding down (boo!). I get very depressed this time of year. I HATE HATE HATE fall. I hate the changing leaves, cold and dark mornings, and all of it. The trees look best GREEN. not ugly browns and oranges.

Fall is my favorite time of year. (Of course we get about three weeks of it here) Different strokes.

Most of my trees don't bother changing color, but the one that is deciduous turns a nice yellow.

Last edited by NLVgal; 08-29-2012 at 07:02 AM..

Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Fall is my favorite time of year. (Of course we get about three weeks of it here) Different strokes.

Most of my trees don't bother changing color, but the one that is deciduous turns a nice yellow.
The fact that they change just reminds me they are "dying" for one more year. I HATE the way they look in any color other than green.

Fall here means frost, needing a coat, and often turning on the furnace. It lasts from Sept to whenever winter decides to start (sometimes October, usually November) then life really sucks till about April 1.

I started calling Fall Pre-Winter a few years ago. That's all it is. A reminder that hell is coming soon.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 AM

Winter here is cold and breezy, but I happen to love jackets and coats- I have tons of them. I love the fall because there is a mystery to it. Spring and fall are my favorites. Summer here is absolutely hellish, and winter kinda sucks too. Unfortunately, those are the two seasons that dominate. It is the desert, and extremes are how we roll.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Winter here is cold and breezy, but I happen to love jackets and coats- I have tons of them. I love the fall because there is a mystery to it. Spring and fall are my favorites. Summer here is absolutely hellish, and winter kinda sucks too. Unfortunately, those are the two seasons that dominate. It is the desert, and extremes are how we roll.
I don't understand liking coats. I hate coats. People here are alwyas saying they love fall because it is "sweatshirt" weather. Screw that. I'd rather wear a tank top and shorts and be barefoot. I hate socks, too!

Winter here usually means a sweater, scarf, hat, heavy coat, and gloves. Oh and heavy socks and boots. It takes me 10 extra minutes to get out the door because I have to put all of that crap on. In warm weather I don't need a coat or jacket and can just slip my bare feet into sandals and head out the door, or if I am just going into the yard, no shoes at all. A few times this summer I forgot to put shoes on and got in the car and got it started before I realized I needed them to go to the grocery store LOL

I see Fall as and ending, a death almost. Spring in the beginning and a birth. Fall=bad, spring=good

Last fall was really bad because I was in Vegas at the end of Sept and it was 102, then I came home to rainy, grey, dreariness, and changing leaves. I got profoundly sad, and that didn't lift until April.

A lot of people relocate for family or employment reasons, but to me the weather really effects my mood, probably more than most. I now know I will never be happy anywhere that I am cold again. People always tell me I was born in the wrong part of the world and I have to agree. I was never meant to be a midwesterner

And yes, I know it gets cold in Vegas, but not to the degree as it does here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas