Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 08:45 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
In my experience Rush Limburger and his ilk only care about one thing. Making money at the expense of others. Am I hateful? No, but there needs to be a safety net for those who've fallen on hard times. When I was a kid my mother had gotten divorced, and had to go on public assistance while she went back to school. She got her pysch tech license, and got off of welfare and food stamps. To this day I remember going to the store with either her, or my grandmother, and seeing the clerk sneer down her nose at us. I vowed to myself, never again. You can't imagine how much pride I've had to swallow when I go down to social services at 5am, and then wait in line for hours, just to get an outpatient medical card. The only reason I'm doing this is that I have diabetes (pill taker), high blood pressure (I'd be in the hospital w/o my meds), and some other medical conditions. If certain types had their way, I wouldn't have any of this. Am I angry when I hear their villanous spew? You bet your sweet bippy I am! After all, doesn't it say in the Bible that it's easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? I didn't attack anyone here, I just commented that the poster from AZ was a hater. Now, you do have to at least somewhat agree with me on that. If any of you took offense, I'm sorry, but I call them like I see them.
I think the majority of Americans have no problem with social programs for people who have fallen on hard times. It could happen to any one of us, especially in today's economy. It is sad that some have developed the mentality that it is the government's responsibility to take them from cradle to grave.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:29 AM

152 posts, read 639,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
In my experience Rush Limburger and his ilk only care about one thing. Making money at the expense of others. Am I hateful? No, but there needs to be a safety net for those who've fallen on hard times. When I was a kid my mother had gotten divorced, and had to go on public assistance while she went back to school. She got her pysch tech license, and got off of welfare and food stamps. To this day I remember going to the store with either her, or my grandmother, and seeing the clerk sneer down her nose at us. I vowed to myself, never again. You can't imagine how much pride I've had to swallow when I go down to social services at 5am, and then wait in line for hours, just to get an outpatient medical card. The only reason I'm doing this is that I have diabetes (pill taker), high blood pressure (I'd be in the hospital w/o my meds), and some other medical conditions. If certain types had their way, I wouldn't have any of this. Am I angry when I hear their villanous spew? You bet your sweet bippy I am! After all, doesn't it say in the Bible that it's easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? I didn't attack anyone here, I just commented that the poster from AZ was a hater. Now, you do have to at least somewhat agree with me on that. If any of you took offense, I'm sorry, but I call them like I see them.
Aqua, since you seem sincere let me give you a thought on your medical problems as my family has dealt with similar things.

I know without good insurance it will be damn near impossible to get proper care but high BP and diabetes is a strong indicator of a possibly under-active or hypothyroid.

Even though I had no distinct symptoms of being hypothyroid (was not overweight) my thyroid caused me to have high BP and hypoglycemia. When I treated my thyroid with a natural replacement (armour) all this went away.

I know without a good doctor that is a tall order, but it's something you might be able to look into at some point.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:57 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveinPA View Post
Aqua, since you seem sincere let me give you a thought on your medical problems as my family has dealt with similar things.

I know without good insurance it will be damn near impossible to get proper care but high BP and diabetes is a strong indicator of a possibly under-active or hypothyroid.

Even though I had no distinct symptoms of being hypothyroid (was not overweight) my thyroid caused me to have high BP and hypoglycemia. When I treated my thyroid with a natural replacement (armour) all this went away.

I know without a good doctor that is a tall order, but it's something you might be able to look into at some point.

"natural replacement?"

Old 06-13-2009, 02:48 PM

I work in the medical field. I would never ever try "natural replacements" without the advice of a doctor. Over the counter supplements are not regulated and many can interact with prescription medications.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I work in the medical field. I would never ever try "natural replacements" without the advice of a doctor. Over the counter supplements are not regulated and many can interact with prescription medications.
First of all, I don't know what "works in the medical field" means...are you a doctor?

Secondly, I'm on a PRESCRIPTION drug under the care of my doctor. Not an OTC supplement.

ArmourThyroid

That's why I said he should talk to a doctor...obviously I know nothing about him but was just relating to his symptoms and suggesting a doctor might be able to take a broader look at his health.

It's hard to find good doctors even when you have insurance. They like to treat symptoms instead of looking for the root cause.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
First of all, I don't know what "works in the medical field" means...are you a doctor?

Secondly, I'm on a PRESCRIPTION drug under the care of my doctor. Not an OTC supplement.

ArmourThyroid

That's why I said he should talk to a doctor...obviously I know nothing about him but was just relating to his symptoms and suggesting a doctor might be able to take a broader look at his health.

It's hard to find good doctors even when you have insurance. They like to treat symptoms instead of looking for the root cause.
I am a medical office practice manager with more than 20 years of experience. I am a certified medical assistant and a certified medical coder as well. Over the years I have had the misfortune of seeing patients take supplements that harmed them. I did not mean to offend you but, since I have, I will go one step further and advise you not to give medical advice unless you are a doctor.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am a medical office practice manager with more than 20 years of experience. I am a certified medical assistant and a certified medical coder as well. Over the years I have had the misfortune of seeing patients take supplements that harmed them. I did not mean to offend you but, since I have, I will go one step further and advise you not to give medical advice unless you are a doctor.
Well unless my post was unclear...my only "medical advice" was for him to see a doctor to explore possibly thyroid issues. I was not suggesting he do anything without doctor supervision. I thought I made that clear but...

Old 06-13-2009, 03:38 PM

LiveinPa, I also take exception to your statement that doctors treat only the symptoms instead of the root cause. Do you have any data to back up that claim or is that just your opinion stated as fact?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Well unless my post was unclear...my only "medical advice" was for him to see a doctor to explore possibly thyroid issues. I was not suggesting he do anything without doctor supervision. I thought I made that clear but...
I must be a moron because I thought your reply was somewhat bizarre, off topic, and rendering medical advice. I never saw Aqua ask for advice on his health. Why would you assume it was appropriate for you to advise him on his health at all? He is obviously under the care of a physician since he states he takes medication for diabetes. Geesh.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:50 PM

990 posts, read 1,655,228 times
Quote:

ArmourThyroid

I think that when you wrote this sentence it was the source of confusion.

"When I treated my thyroid with a natural replacement (armour) all this went away."

It appeared to say that it was not an RX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas