Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 12:03 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Grandson 18 and his dad 42...coming home from the gym the other night.

Half naked guy comes running out of the bushes across the street SCREAMING at the top of his lungs...[10pm]

Hit our yard on the dead run and ran right into 18 yr olds fist...jumped up to charge again and dad broke his nose....mashed it all over his face....

Half naked guy was out cold for 15 minutes...
Grandpa attempted mouth-to-mouth resuscitation...but accidentally confused naked guy's little head for the big head.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:09 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Grandpa attempted mouth-to-mouth resuscitation...but accidentally confused naked guy's little head for the big head.
Really wishing I could rep you for that. I got my laughs in for the day now

Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
HALF NAKED....git yer stories straight.....

Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
HALF NAKED....git yer stories straight.....
Sorry...Grandpa gave a half-a$$ed attempt at mouth-to-mouth resuscitation...but accidentally confused naked guy's little head for the big head.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:50 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,560 times
Thanks so much for the welcomes. The fur kids are Brinkley, who is a beautiful flatcoated retriever and Max, mixed Husky/Golden Retreiver. They're excited because they no longer have to take those stupid heartworm pills and their dog licenses go down from $25 a piece to $5. And they never have to worry about fleas and ticks, although I don't think they have lost much sleep in the past over that one.

I know how the movers consolidate. What can I say? When it began, they wouldn't commit to which of 4 days they would load me. Who can live with that? Once the estimator determined I had over 7,000 lbs. and they could make a decent profit, things changed.

Normally I don't like slots that well either or gamble that often but with slots, it's one way to either make some "quick" money or lose quickly. It takes a long time to grind out some wins at the b.j. tables and as it was with Deaf Nation Seminars in town, just one deal alone was taking close to 10 minutes.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM

255 posts, read 361,750 times
Default Hotel run-around

My partner and I received invitations in the mail for a one night free stay at South Point. We decided to use them this past weekend. He used his for Sunday night, and I used mine for Monday night.

When we checked in on Sunday, we asked if it would be ok to stay in the same room for both nights. We were told that it would be fine. The hotel clerk gave us our key cards, had us sign the proper forms and stated that we were set for the two nights and checkout would be at noon on Tuesday.

We stayed the first night and everything was fine. On Monday, we got up, showered, had breakfast at the buffet and then went to work. When we returned back to our room on Monday evening, all of our stuff was missing from the room. We stopped by the front desk and asked what had happened. We were told that there was a mix up and that the computer showed my partner checking out on Monday with me checking in on Monday. Apparently the cleaning staff removed all of our belonging from the room to prepare it for my check in.

I told them that since we were both staying in the room for the two nights we had left our clothing, an unopened bottle of wine, our electric toothbrushes, our electric razors and some cologne in the room. Where was that stuff now? The clerk said, “I have no idea where your stuff is. It was taking during a different shift and you will have to come back in the morning when the day staff is back on duty.” I told her that that was not acceptable and asked to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor told me the same story. He said that we could file a report with the hotel security and they would investigate into the matter to see if they could locate our belongings. I said, “Well, who cleaned the room? They will probably know what they did with our stuff.” The supervisor replied “We don’t know. It didn’t happen during our shift. You will have to call back in the morning and speak to the day shift supervisor.'

I called the day shift supervisor this morning and was told that I would have to speak to the house keeping supervisor. I asked if I could be connected to the house keeping supervisor, but was told that they were not currently available but would give me a call back.

After waiting for three hours for the return call, I finally called South Point again and asked to speak to the Hotel Manager. I was transferred to the Hotel Manager’s voice mail. I left a message explaining my situation, but now hours later, I have yet to get a call back.

All we want are out belongings back. Although the value of what we had left in the room is only about $700 (or $3,000 if we use the same value system that the hotel uses for their mini bar items), I do want my belongings returned to me.

Any suggestions as to what my next move should be?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Normally I don't like slots that well either or gamble that often but with slots, it's one way to either make some "quick" money or lose quickly. It takes a long time to grind out some wins at the b.j. tables and as it was with Deaf Nation Seminars in town, just one deal alone was taking close to 10 minutes.
I hear ya!

Old 07-27-2010, 02:19 PM

It's truly disgusting how they treat the locals!

Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 PM

255 posts, read 361,750 times
I just got a call back from the shift supervisor. Apparently they have my electric toothbrush and electric razor, but they claim that nothing else was taken from the room. They won’t give me the name of the person who cleaned the room; so I won’t be able to include that in the police report. I asked how I could take the person responsible for taking our stuff to small claims court if the hotel staff won’t tell us who that person is.

The reply: Sir, nothing else was taken from the room!

Basically, they are calling me a liar and are relieving themselves of all responsibility.

Our free night stay at South Point just cost us $700.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,725,143 times
File a missing property report with the Security Dept. Give them a couple of days then contact the risk management dept. and ask for a follow-up on the event. If risk management does not follow up with a return of your property or cut you a check for replacement. Contact the property GM to put some fire under risk management.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas