Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 09:19 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times

Advertisements

The politcal forum is the absolute worst....they have NO sense of humor in there.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:27 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Relax...you'll be free me of me next week...as I vacation in Orlando at that new timeshare. I'll post how it went when I get back.

In the meantime...makes sure all the money is counted at the M and keep things running there in LV.

The quote under your name is so you...please don't bother changing it. If you do, I suggest "Bitter and arrogant...2 out of 2 ain't bad".
Hey, have fun in Orlando. Spent a lot of time there last year taking the kids to all the attractions. The humidity and bugs killed me though, and those rainshowers, goes with the tropical weather. The place is nice, such a change from Las Vegas scenery for us desert dwellers, and we stayed in my sis's timeshare right outside the entrance to Disney (Vistana).

We went on a couple of those timeshare seminars (free breakfasts for the kids, lol), one of them was Westgate, and they (the guys trying to sell us a timeshare) were all excited about the new Westgate tower opening at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas (it wasn't opened yet when we were in Florida)

Orlando is the cheapest place to buy a timeshare we were told, so you probably got a good deal, there are so many ones for sale and ones that have been foreclosed on. And you can visit anywhere in the world and stay at a timeshare, or you can rent it out and make a few bucks when you don't have plans to use it.

I know a lot of people that buy the timeshares and use them for visiting Las Vegas, even my sis used hers for a week (it was right next to the Southpoint named "Grandview") and it was really nice!

Enjoy your vacation, now's the best time to visit the kiddie places (Disney-Epcot-Sea World) because all the kiddies are in school, lol.

And btw...please stay the way you are jfk, your wit, humor, puns, nastiness, digs about Las Vegas. You are truly a class act and can take it as well as dish it out without being personal/nasty, and that's why I luv ya!

Have a good time and enjoy the warm weather down there!

Last edited by MomMom; 10-15-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 10-15-2010, 09:54 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
I like your humor, tij...and your posts, in general, are balanced and informative. I also find myself enjoying my own humor. If we can't laugh at ourselves...how can we expect other to laugh at us!

Tried to rep you, but I must have done so recently, so I can't. Keep up the good work.
Could you explain the rep system for me? I tried to rep you and tij for the last few posts but the system won't let me. How many reps do you have to give before looping back?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Could you explain the rep system for me? I tried to rep you and tij for the last few posts but the system won't let me. How many reps do you have to give before looping back?
You tried to rep JFK? Anyways, it is 25 reps to re-rep a person.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:12 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You tried to rep JFK? Anyways, it is 25 reps to re-rep a person.
If I rep him I'm closer to repping you again.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:45 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
We went on a couple of those timeshare seminars (free breakfasts for the kids, lol), one of them was Westgate....
I'm sure you're aware of this, but it should be pointed out to others that although it's fine to go to a seminar/tour for the free goodies, no one should ever under any circumstance purchase a timeshare unit from the developer. It is always much cheaper on the secondary market. Also, I'm a member of the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) and I can tell you that Westgate has one of the worst reputations of any of the national timeshare companies. Here's a link to TUG's main page for anyone who's interested:

Timeshare Users Group - The first and largest online community of timeshare owners providing timeshare resort reviews, timeshare ratings, FREE timeshare advice and FREE Timeshare Classified ads!

Quote:
Orlando is the cheapest place to buy a timeshare we were told....
That's an understatement. Orlando is so overbuilt with timeshares that you can easily pick one up for no cost whatsoever. Current owners are having a difficult time just trying to give them away to get out from having to pay the annual maintenance fees and taxes. (Not true, of course in all seasons or with all timeshares - especially DVC or Marriott.)

Old 10-15-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Thanks tazz....it's the thought that counts. I have always appreciated your posts, too.

There are some in here that cant fathom that I'd be repped over 2100 times...but thankfully...they are in the minority.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:20 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
There are some in here that cant fathom that I'd be repped over 2100 times...but thankfully...they are in the minority.
Actually, considering that you have over 7100 posts and are only getting repped about 30% of the time, it appears that those who rep you are the one's in the minority.

Unlike those of us who have been repped a majority of the time.

(j/k; I've repped you myself on some of your more innocuous and light-hearted posts.)

Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Hey, have fun in Orlando. Spent a lot of time there last year taking the kids to all the attractions. The humidity and bugs killed me though, and those rainshowers, goes with the tropical weather. The place is nice, such a change from Las Vegas scenery for us desert dwellers, and we stayed in my sis's timeshare right outside the entrance to Disney (Vistana).

We went on a couple of those timeshare seminars (free breakfasts for the kids, lol), one of them was Westgate, and they (the guys trying to sell us a timeshare) were all excited about the new Westgate tower opening at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas (it wasn't opened yet when we were in Florida)

Orlando is the cheapest place to buy a timeshare we were told, so you probably got a good deal, there are so many ones for sale and ones that have been foreclosed on. And you can visit anywhere in the world and stay at a timeshare, or you can rent it out and make a few bucks when you don't have plans to use it.

I know a lot of people that buy the timeshares and use them for visiting Las Vegas, even my sis used hers for a week (it was right next to the Southpoint named "Grandview") and it was really nice!

Enjoy your vacation, now's the best time to visit the kiddie places (Disney-Epcot-Sea World) because all the kiddies are in school, lol.

And btw...please stay the way you are jfk, your wit, humor, puns, nastiness, digs about Las Vegas. You are truly a class act and can take it as well as dish it out without being personal/nasty, and that's why I luv ya!

Have a good time and enjoy the warm weather down there!
Thanks MomMom....and you know how much me & Mrs. jfkIII love you!

I did buy a timeshare on the secondary market and got a great deal...paid $1025 + $400 (closing costs) for 168,000 Wyndham points, even year usage. The base unit is in the area you mentioned....on Disney property, but not a Disney resort. It's at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort...so I guess Wyndham is leasing land from Disney...near Downtown Disney. The maintenance costs are $33 per month and $47 in prop taxes per year (one half normal, since we have every other year use.) Wyndham has resorts/timeshares all over the world (including LV!) where we can use those points there....very easy to swap out...no cost.

It's just me & Mrs. jfkIII on this one...so it's "Disney for Adults" this time. We are planning to do the "Drinking Around The World" tour one day at Epcot...
EPCOT's Hidden Adventure: Drinking Around the World - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Since we'll be back with the grandkids is some future even number year, we don't feel pressured to see everything in one trip....so we'll build in some relax time, too.

I'll talk to you when we get back.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Actually, considering that you have over 7100 posts and are only getting repped about 30% of the time, it appears that those who rep you are the one's in the minority.

Unlike those of us who have been repped a majority of the time.

(j/k; I've repped you myself on some of your more innocuous and light-hearted posts.)
Thanks MMOB...I enjoy most of your posts, too. When I rep you....I always put a sentence and my screen name, so you know its from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas