Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,726,201 times

Advertisements

Davie, you should wait untill your sign your job acceptance letter with the Cosmo before you make a move with Kmart. Then try to serve a two weeks notice.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:00 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,420,208 times
Mojavedxer gave the best advice.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:53 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,511,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Getting there slowly. At least I feel good enough to be online more again. I've been overdosing on vegetables and fruit and it seems to be helping a lot better than the hydrocodone that gave me a rash on both arms.
I still walk like the living dead for now. But at least I don't want your brains!
Dr. jfkIII advice: Take 2 Milkbone biscuits...and call me in the morning.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:32 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,010,191 times
also wait till the background/drug/and credit checks pass also..... YES they do check your credit.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:10 PM

179 posts, read 390,096 times
How coincidental. I was just sitting here wondering if it rains much in LV over the winter time like it does in other areas. I got one of those automatic email links saying to go to the board and bingo, the very last posting, "I am sitting on the doorstep drinking a beer and watching the rain". So now, I know it rains there too. Thanks for having ESP tonight!

I just had a home inspection done for a possible house down there. I wonder if anyone knows what this means about the plumbing. It says it has a "Recirculating system" and the "circulation pump is serviceable/working". What is a "recirculating system" in the plumbing for, is that something common only in LV? I've never heard of it.

Also, for pipes, it says "Plastic lines throughout with copper or brass valves". Is that enough to withstand the hard water in the LV water system, that type of pipes?

The picture of the inside of the electrical box shows a black and white label saying "Notice, This building has non-metallic interior water piping" - but doesn't say anything about Kitec, which I knew was a problem.

The Kitec website says it's usually a bright yellow label and will say "Kitec" on it. So is that common, many houses have plastic plumbing with copper or brass valves and has nothing to do with the Kitec problem?

The inspection doesn't sound that bad. The AC works and that's what I was concerned about the most. Most of the smaller items can be fixed. But the plumbing always concerns me because I know that is a hard water area and some houses received Kitec, which requires replacement.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,507,348 times
I thought it.was full time, that was what I remember it saying on the website, but when I recieved my email about my on boarding it said pt.seasonal

Indiscriminate dot delight! Sprinkles...ice cream...wait a minute...I'm getting an inspiration here, Davie! 32 flavors?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:00 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,010,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I thought it.was full time, that was what I remember it saying on the website, but when I recieved my email about my on boarding it said pt.seasonal
look at it this way...
9 hours Kmart = $65
4 hours Cosmopolitan = $56 plus tips...

of course, with part time, you don't get benefits or paid time off but you didn't at kmart either..

this summer , even part time will give you 20-30hrs a wk....

Old 03-13-2011, 10:05 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,511,811 times
To me...it's not what K-mart can give you now, versus what The Cosmopolitan can give you now...but rather where you could go in the future with each.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,298,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl_Jones View Post
How coincidental. I was just sitting here wondering if it rains much in LV over the winter time like it does in other areas. I got one of those automatic email links saying to go to the board and bingo, the very last posting, "I am sitting on the doorstep drinking a beer and watching the rain". So now, I know it rains there too. Thanks for having ESP tonight!

I just had a home inspection done for a possible house down there. I wonder if anyone knows what this means about the plumbing. It says it has a "Recirculating system" and the "circulation pump is serviceable/working". What is a "recirculating system" in the plumbing for, is that something common only in LV? I've never heard of it.

Also, for pipes, it says "Plastic lines throughout with copper or brass valves". Is that enough to withstand the hard water in the LV water system, that type of pipes?

The picture of the inside of the electrical box shows a black and white label saying "Notice, This building has non-metallic interior water piping" - but doesn't say anything about Kitec, which I knew was a problem.

The Kitec website says it's usually a bright yellow label and will say "Kitec" on it. So is that common, many houses have plastic plumbing with copper or brass valves and has nothing to do with the Kitec problem?

The inspection doesn't sound that bad. The AC works and that's what I was concerned about the most. Most of the smaller items can be fixed. But the plumbing always concerns me because I know that is a hard water area and some houses received Kitec, which requires replacement.
It doesn't rain a lot like in places like Washington and Oregon. And the day LVD posted he was watching the rain, it just rained on his apt that day, nowhere else. A weird coincidence.

As for the pipes, if you have Kitec plumbing, the seller and/or the Realtor would have to disclose it to you. There are several companies around town that will fix it for free. And it takes about a week.
I don't get the plastic piping here either and wonder if it is really safe. I guess we will find out eventually. One way or the other.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:50 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,587,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
look at it this way...
9 hours Kmart = $65
4 hours Cosmopolitan = $56 plus tips...

of course, with part time, you don't get benefits or paid time off but you didn't at kmart either..

this summer , even part time will give you 20-30hrs a wk....
How many hrs you think ill get after this week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas