Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 AM

8 posts, read 30,253 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I just got a new job and I will be moving to Vegas soon to start my new career. I'll be working in the 89120 zip code. Earlier today, I did some apartment review researching for 89120 and unfortunately, the only information I could find was either no reviews for some apartment complexes or bad reviews, so I was wondering if this area has any good places to rent an apartment? If not, how far can I live from this zipcode and have my morning commute (work will start at 8:00 a.m.) be within 15- 30 mins? I'm willing to commute longer if I have to. If anyone has any apartment recommendations in this area or nearby areas I would love to hear it. I don't have any kids, so I'm not worried about living in an area with a not so great school district. All I care about is just a nice and safe area to live in. I would like to thank you in advance for your time in reading this and for any replies that may come. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
Look into the 89014 and 89123 zipcodes. Not a long commute at all and much nicer areas in my opinion. I don't have any specific apartment recommendations though.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardshark512 View Post
Greetings,

I just got a new job and I will be moving to Vegas soon to start my new career. I'll be working in the 89120 zip code. Earlier today, I did some apartment review researching for 89120 and unfortunately, the only information I could find was either no reviews for some apartment complexes or bad reviews, so I was wondering if this area has any good places to rent an apartment? If not, how far can I live from this zipcode and have my morning commute (work will start at 8:00 a.m.) be within 15- 30 mins? I'm willing to commute longer if I have to. If anyone has any apartment recommendations in this area or nearby areas I would love to hear it. I don't have any kids, so I'm not worried about living in an area with a not so great school district. All I care about is just a nice and safe area to live in. I would like to thank you in advance for your time in reading this and for any replies that may come. Have a great day!
How much you want to spend? I can't help with apartments in that area. The nearest that I would recommend would be the Equisterian on Eastern at Horizon Ridge. That will be about 15 to 20 minutes.

I can however likely point you to a set of condos around there if you set your price.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Before moving to Las Vegas be sure to stop by the Big Texan in Amarillo and fill a huge Thermos ice chest with those "challenge" steaks that they're famous for. I'll take my three dozen medium rare. Heh heh, we do need someone to provide the chow for our next DDO.

Last edited by aqualung8705; 03-04-2009 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: I'll take a steak, medium rare!

Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 PM

444 posts, read 1,615,335 times
Cardshark... try 89123 and 89074. But again, as has been said, "what price range?"

Good Luck and Welcome

Old 03-04-2009, 03:24 PM

8 posts, read 30,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
How much you want to spend? I can't help with apartments in that area. The nearest that I would recommend would be the Equisterian on Eastern at Horizon Ridge. That will be about 15 to 20 minutes.

I can however likely point you to a set of condos around there if you set your price.
I knew I forgot to mention something on my post. My budget will be in the $700 - $950 range for a 1 bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Before moving to Las Vegas be sure to stop by the Big Texan in Amarillo and fill a huge Thermos ice chest with those "challenge" steaks that they're famous for. I'll take my three dozen medium rare. Heh heh, we do need someone to provide the chow for our next DDO.
Lol. You know I have lived in TX for most of my life and I have never been up North to Amarillo. It's an 8 hour drive from where I live, so I'm sorry but I'll probably not be stopping by there anytime soon lol. However, Man vs. food did go to Austin to Juan in a Million, where he did the Don Juan taco challenge. So I can bring you some "challenge" tacos lol.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody and I will check out the 89123 and 89074. So how bad is traffic in Vegas? Are there some highways to avoid at all costs if I have to. For example, out here on I-35 rush hour you avoid it like it's the plague if you can.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:28 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
if your working in 89120 and commuting from 89123, the best bet is to take any of the north-south roads west of Spencer, such as Bermuda or Gillespie to George Crockett, that'll take you through the airport tunnel, then take Sunset, Russell, or Tropicana East to where you need to go..., that traffic is usually very light until you get to the surface streets that you're going East on...

For right now, I-15 in the afternoon is something to avoid, I have to take it almost every other day in the afternoon...

Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,921,814 times
Try this:

http://www.lvmpd.com/crimeviewcommunity/wizard.asp

It can help you weed out the most dangerous areas.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:50 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,921,814 times
Also, traffic in Vegas isn't that bad compared to most other cities. The I-15 can be congested at certain times, but it's still nothing compared to most major cities. Side streets are typically pretty clear, except for a few streets in the most busy central areas of town.

For the most part, I can get straight across the valley, from one end to the other, in less than 45 minutes. Not bad at all.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
I sent you an unsorted list of the likelys in the proper section of town. The Kid who is our expert in the area would approve of most. But when you narrow it down ask again. Can't hurt...we work cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: