Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times

Advertisements

i have never understood why people want the ferraris, porsches', or lambos here in vegas, where possibly can you do 150mph or better....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:33 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercool View Post
I just came back from Germany where I drove from Frankfurt to Leipzig and back. First of all, Germans are far better drivers than we Americans. Everyone moves over to the furthest-most right lane, which makes passing from the right unnecessary, like here where everyone thinks they own the road.

While many stretches of the Autobahn are now speed-controlled, there were several opportunities for me to hit 125MPH in my Opel Astra. I can't begin to describe to you how good that felt!!!

I also gained a lot of respect for those Audis. They were always passing me as if I was standing still, while going 100+MPH.

Pass your written test and think back fondly to your days of flying.
Sorry...but that is US fiction. The German drive reasonably well as do the Brits...but no they are not exceptional. Places in the US drive similarly. They do drive with more precision of neccissity. Lanes are a foot narrower particularly on the older roads. That is not a good thing. They also drive much more recklessly. Coming up to London from Wales on the backroads the English take a regular slaughter of those who believe all you need is a little "heel and toe" and you can do it all. Is fun though running for a Heathrow flight before dawn.

They do drive to the right in Europe...a thing enforced by both law and custom. Ever not move over on the Autobahn? Want to kill a German? Just hold in the fast lane...when he runs up your backside tick the brake pedal. Put him in the divider half the time.

Came in the M1 one morning at 4:30AM heading for a flight at 6:30AM at about 115 when I realized lights were gaining on me from way back. Slowed to 80 or so convinced I was about to get a "bad" ticket when a good sized sedan went past way up into the 130s. Royalty I expect.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:35 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i have never understood why people want the ferraris, porsches', or lambos here in vegas, where possibly can you do 150mph or better....

There are places, just have to have the in!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barocko7 View Post
I have a German Drivers License, is there anyway I can just exchange it for a Nevada license at the DMV without having to go through a written test?
I know how to drive.
Or are foreign licenses only accepted in this town when on holiday visit?

If the license was issued from another US State, no test is required. It all seems like discrimination to me.
The rules in Europe and the United States are different.

You are going to have to take the written test - and even perhaps the driving portion (test) as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas