Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:08 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times

Advertisements

I just saw this on AOL. I posted the link below to contact the correct office if anyone is interested. I would definitely apply for this if it was permanent, or if I was unemployed.

Local Census Office Map - 2010 Census Jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 12:20 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Tell me they banned Acorn and that if they report illegals in this, that they are reported as such.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:01 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Since all I've been able to find is seasonal work, this sounds good to me.

I'd like some opinions here, please. Is this job a reasonable risk for a woman? I'm in great shape and I like the idea it's an active job. I was at one time a police officer so I'm not completely incapable of protecting myself. But there's nothing I can do to stop a bullet......

What do you think?

Old 12-01-2009, 02:24 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Tell me they banned Acorn and that if they report illegals in this, that they are reported as such.
Is the census supposed to count citizens or residents regardless of citizenship?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:36 PM

549 posts, read 1,379,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

I'd like some opinions here, please. Is this job a reasonable risk for a woman? I'm in great shape and I like the idea it's an active job. I was at one time a police officer so I'm not completely incapable of protecting myself. But there's nothing I can do to stop a bullet......

What do you think?
I believe these census folks work in teams for safety reasons. If I recall correctly 2 people came to my house way back when and verified that we had completed the census. I liked the idea too because it was something where I could get some activity and work on nights and weekends. But, I had the same concern about safety. My kids still need their mom! I'm not completely incapable of defending myself either, but would rather not have to go there.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Do they count and report Hoarders? I think the 3 million figure that the A&E show reports at the beginning of each episode is way too low.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Do they count and report Hoarders? I think the 3 million figure that the A&E show reports at the beginning of each episode is way too low.
If I get the job, I'll let you know if I find any.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

What do you think?
Go...don't hesitate. You will have a good time and the little bit of danger adds spice. Pack a piece of you are worried. Probably aganst the rules but I bet you can figure a place to carry.

Random shootings in LV are pretty random and rare. So don't worry...almost in the meteorite class.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:26 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
I passed the test for this last year. The way that it works is that you have to pass a test, and register where you live. Your odds of getting called to do it are better if you live in area where they don't have a lot of people applying for it. Since I used to live in BFE North (Jones & Horse) my odds of getting called on are pretty good, but I don't remember what phone number I had back then.

If they did call me, I wouldn't be available, since I'm working during their best hours, and I don't live on that side of town anymore.

Depending on where you live, Yellow, you should be safe. I think that they issue powered body armor and mini-guns to their enumerators (the job's title, btw) who live in gang areas like Naked City, and the nastier parts of North Town.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM

OK, I'm going to apply for this and it will probably be fun. The test is very easy and if that's what the job is like, that will be easy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas