Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:44 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

Went with the misses tonight... every tree decorated the same... I was pissed that I spend 16 bucks plus the 6 bucks for the stale churros... Unless you have kids, this is a definite SKIP. I enjoyed ethel Ms much more... Misses said i should have asked for refund, but I didn't. I have a few photos of this travisty if anyone wants to see the "decorations".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Went with the misses tonight... every tree decorated the same... I was pissed that I spend 16 bucks plus the 6 bucks for the stale churros... Unless you have kids, this is a definite SKIP. I enjoyed ethel Ms much more... Misses said i should have asked for refund, but I didn't. I have a few photos of this travisty if anyone wants to see the "decorations".
Well thanks...I will go to EM instead...and maybe drive through sunset.

They laid off eleven people today. Maybe the ones who planned the lights?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,256,790 times
Hasn't that place been a major rip off since it opened?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:06 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
it's a total scam brought about by the water district queen.....

Old 12-22-2009, 12:39 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
The Springs is way over priced and the lights are a big disappointment. Especially when you have to wait for hours to get on the buggy. The Magical Forest at Opportunity Village is best but every year it's the same, and it's too crowded. You'd think that in Las Vegas the companies that sponsor it would hire professionals to create nice displays instead of sending the secretary out to set up a tree. Don't mean to be a Scrooge here. If you haven't been to any of the light shows, see them all. But next year I hope there's something new. Ethel M's is very nice, very tasteful, and free. But best of all they give out free samples and you can buy chocolate. That part is a little expensive.

Anyone ever see the luminaria display at the Albuquerque Country Club? Now that's a Norman Rockwell Christmas...except for the dam* tour busses.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:15 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Surprise Surprise

11 workers laid off at Springs Preserve - News - ReviewJournal.com

Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Anyone ever see the luminaria display at the Albuquerque Country Club? Now that's a Norman Rockwell Christmas...except for the dam* tour busses.
New Mexico may have trouble getting an accident off the road, but they sure do know how to make a great motif. I actually never saw that luminaria display when I was a Burquean, but made my way to downtown Santa Fe several times every winter. That's about the luminaria equivalent of the review you gave for Ethel M's... free, tasteful, fun, but enough tempting splurges are available along with the pretty walk that it turns into quite the latent expenditure.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,623 times
You can actually go to the Springs Preserve on Christmas Eve for Free. Target is sponsoring it, Saw it on the news last night.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
You can actually go to the Springs Preserve on Christmas Eve for Free. Target is sponsoring it, Saw it on the news last night.
I get emails from the Springs. Here's what I got today:

Visiting the Winter Lights Festival on Christmas Eve?
Your friends at Target have you covered
Whether it's the splendor of a half-million, eco-friendly LED lights, the magic of kids' faces lighting when they see Santa Claus or the delight of strolling carolers bringing storybook holidays to life, our annual Winter Lights Festival is an experience not to be missed. If you haven't made it here yet, no worries -- you have until Dec. 24.
And if you do plan to visit on that final evening, your friends at Target have an early Christmas gift for you: Admission on Christmas Eve is completely free, no tickets required. It's a little way to say "happy holidays" from Target and the Springs Preserve.
TICKETS + INFO >>

Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM

Default Springs Preserve Winter Lights

Here's the whole page. Winter Lights at the Springs Preserve (http://www.springspreserve.org/html/visit_events_winterlights.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas