Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 PM

245 posts, read 712,225 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with City Center's condos? We're moving back to LA in 2 months, but still need a place in Las Vegas for work. I figure if we're going to be coming to Las Vegas for business, why not let it be in a fun location. Any thoughts appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyThe2nd View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with City Center's condos? We're moving back to LA in 2 months, but still need a place in Las Vegas for work. I figure if we're going to be coming to Las Vegas for business, why not let it be in a fun location. Any thoughts appreciated.
CC condos are in never never land at the moment. Purportedly CC is closing them in quantity at the moment but nothing appears to be happening.

I don't think we will understand the pricing in there for a while yet...maybe mid year.

There are reasonable condo deals...north tower of Panorama, Turnberry and such.

Say a little more about what you are looking for and maybe we can gin up a suggestion.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 PM

We're just looking for a one bedroom, 800-1000 sq. ft. maybe at the Veer Towers. The sales office says it'll open later this year, but who knows. Mandarin is pricey at $1.7 million+ which is beyond our budget. About 500-600K sounds more reasonable as we'll only spend a week out of a month in Las Vegas. We like City Center's modern interior, very clean and minimal. Location is also a plus.

We didn't know about them closing the condos. Thank you. The sales office, of course, failed to mention that to us.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
I would wait until the fit hits the shan fully. I would not get near it until we begin to see at least some substantial closing history. Next time down there I will hit the sales office. I also know a couple of people on the VEER list...let me see if I can find out anything further.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 AM

Yeah the office said Veers is 60% occupied. Not sure if that's high several months before completion though. I'll see what'll happen, but we need a place in 2-3 months though.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times
Rent at one of the other luxury buildings at 1/4 what a mortgage + HOA would cost you. Just make sure the unit is not in forclosure.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,349 times
Quote:
I show allot a CC and they have had trouble closing due to financing. I was told that they have closed on a couple cash deals at Mandarin.
And that they are 60% sold at Veer. It can be confusing because when a builder says it has sold units, it usually doesn't mean closed, these are units that have reservations on them. So when you pose the question you should ask how many units have closed.

I suggest you wait, they could lower prices, or do like Sky and hold on to the units until things turn around and rent them out. Right now it's a crap shoot for those condo's. Panorama North is so close, and it's allot nicer than Panorama 1 and 2 in regards to the units floor plans. There hoa is only 44 cents a foot.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Thank you for all the advice. Our purchase, too, is most likely cash so financing shouldn't be a problem. We'll look into Panorama today. I spoke with the boyfriend last night and it's looking like he also wants the Westgate PH. We don't have any details of PH yet, but will look into it today. I heard it won't be completed in another year, unfortunately...unless we're wrong. They say it will start at 1.7million. Expensive for such a small area, but it's 1 million less than Mandarin and the boyfriend really wants it. This won't be an investment property, but mostly a place we can rest/work for pleasure right on the strip. We'll be doing some more research on Veer, Westgate, Panorama, and possibly some other similar condos. We're at the first stage of looking, so all the options in an area we don't really know are giving me a headache.

Last edited by FrostyThe2nd; 03-24-2010 at 09:48 AM..

Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,349 times
Quote:
Thank you for all the advice. Our purchase, too, is most likely cash so financing shouldn't be a problem. We'll look into Panorama today. I spoke with the boyfriend last night and it's looking like he also wants the Westgate PH. We don't have any details of PH yet, but will look into it today. I heard it won't be completed in another year, unfortunately...unless we're wrong. They say it will start at 1.7million. Expensive for such a small area, but it's 1 million less than Mandarin and the boyfriend really wants it. This won't be an investment property, but mostly a place we can rest/work for pleasure right on the strip. We'll be doing some more research on Veer, Westgate, Panorama, and possibly some other similar condos. We're at the first stage of looking, so all the options in an area we don't really know are giving me a headache.
The one thing at Westgate PH the unit is going to be in a tower where there are time share units, which may come back to bite you in the future.
Properties that are mixed such as Westgate PH most high end owners that that are going to spend a mil or more would not want to have their property in with timeshare owners due to time share units in that building will sell for $10,000 to $20,000 why would you purchase a million dollar property where the other units are going to sell for that and one unit could have so many different people staying in it at any given time. This may sound crude but it's like buying a mansion next to a trailer court.
A good example of that is the Jockey club granted it's old and but they did the same thing the top unit PH sold and they can't get a bank to loan on them no one want's to live in a time share community unless they own a time share themselves.

If your boyfriend wants a modern hip place you all should look at Palms Place it is a condotel, but because Mr.Maloof caters to high-end celebrities and the nightly rates are higher for the hotel guests you will have a high-end clientele around you, I have clients that live there and they absolutely love it, there is so much to do, with the clubs, and the dining, and the spa there is to die for, and pool and gym are great.

Security is high due to Celebrities that do own in there and there is a recording studio in the Palms so allot of recording artists stay there.
You should check out Palms Place property as well.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 PM

Thank you for the tip. We haven’t looked at Palms Place yet because from our stay there last summer, it really reminds us of our condo in Seattle… lots of wood floor and glass, even the security. I guess we’re looking for something different, but it wouldn’t make sense to discount the entire place based on one experience. It deserves a second look. We looked at the Westgate and it’ll be 49K for the timeshare now in order to lock in the condo at $1.7 million that will be completed in 15 months. It’s still an option as the bf really really really loves it, but we’re only allowed 4 times a year at the timeshare. That’s unfortunate, but there’s nothing we can do but look some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas