Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the United States do regarding the issue of legal immigration?
Slowly reduce the number of legal immigration. 11 25.58%
Naturally decrease legal immigration by raising our educational standards for most immigrants who are to come to the U.S. 23 53.49%
Allow legal immigration to continue at the pace of the status quo. 15 34.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 06:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Agreed and no you do NOT sound nutty. We desperately need a moratorium on all immigration into the US until:

a) we regain control of our borders;

b) get rid of all illegal aliens via attrition through enforcement and/or physical removal whenever they are encountered;

c) Rescind or amend the 14th amendment so that it is clearly abolishes the anchor baby loophole;

d) Re-evaluate our immigration laws and update them so that they undoubtedly stress that legal immigration is AT OUR DISCRETION and for the sole purpose of fulfilling a need NO AMERICAN is qualified or able to fill.

e) Financially penalize governments that encourage their poverty stricken masses to cross our borders. Penalize the government of said country $1 Million of foreign aid for every illegal alien apprehended in America.

BUILD A 50 FOOT WALL THAT ENCOMPASSES OUR ENTIRE BORDER, POST ARMED NATIONAL GUARD ENFORCEMENT AND A KEEP A SUPPLY OF LIVE ALLIGATORS IN THE RIO GRAND AT ALL TIMES!!!!!
Be careful: the pro illegal people here may think you are a White Supremacist------to hear the way many of the former talk.

Otherwise; I agree with you post line for line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 03:22 PM

440 posts, read 329,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Be careful: the pro illegal people here may think you are a White Supremacist------to hear the way many of the former talk.

Otherwise; I agree with you post line for line
They can think whatever they wish to think. I have no problem reciting my feelings in person anywhere at any given time. Not only would it remove all doubt about my race it may even force them to re-examine their claims of Americans being "xenophobes and racists".

Last edited by Preaching2thechoir; 03-02-2008 at 03:32 PM..

Old 03-02-2008, 03:29 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,252 times
Quote:
They can think whatever they wish to think. I have no problem reciting my feelings in person anywhere at any given time, that way it would remove all doubt about my race and force them to re-examine their claims of Americans being "xenophobes and racists".
Good for you. Just because you take a stand against illegal immigration does make you a racist. People need to wise up.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:40 PM

440 posts, read 329,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Good for you. Just because you take a stand against illegal immigration does make you a racist. People need to wise up.

Thanks High Springs Gator; ITA. There are far too many Americans of all races (particularly the new younger voters) that are clueless as to what jumping on the Obama bandwagon will represent for their future. For the first time in my life, I will sit this election out as none of the so called "top-tiered" candidates will be good for America's future.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
They can think whatever they wish to think. I have no problem reciting my feelings in person anywhere at any given time. Not only would it remove all doubt about my race it may even force them to re-examine their claims of Americans being "xenophobes and racists".
Priceless reply (and I agree with you 100% )

Old 03-02-2008, 05:25 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
i think there should be a 20,000 a year cap on legal immigration. I think there should be higher educational standards for immigrants. If we keep immigration at our current levels it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:06 PM

407 posts, read 800,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
i think there should be a 20,000 a year cap on legal immigration. I think there should be higher educational standards for immigrants. If we keep immigration at our current levels it is a disaster waiting to happen.
Agree except to say that it is a disaster that is happening.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:11 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,722 times
Oh, I definitely think we should have a moratorium on legal immigration for at least a few years.

Before 1965, we took people in legally IF they had needed job skills, and if they could support themselves, and, they had to have a sponsor who would pay for them until they could support themselves.

THAT is what we need, after this moratorium.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Oh, I definitely think we should have a moratorium on legal immigration for at least a few years.

Before 1965, we took people in legally IF they had needed job skills, and if they could support themselves, and, they had to have a sponsor who would pay for them until they could support themselves.

THAT is what we need, after this moratorium.
Moratorium may not be necessary if we were to go back the the pre 1965 immigration rules----------and, enforce them rigoriously,

Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,758,110 times
You don't have enough options on your poll, so I didn't vote. I like how Australia works their immigration. I think we should have something like that in line here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration