Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:16 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,153,717 times

Advertisements

STT i am afraid you are wrong. the L1a can be used by anyone who has worked (or owned) for a compnay for over 12 months. they can be transferred to an existing or open a new branch in the US. The criteria for the UK company is not set in stone but you have to prove it can continue without the transferee. The US side has 12 months to get established and on renewal has to show a business plan for expansion and more importantly creation of jobs for USC.
your post#6 does indeed refer to an EB5 investor visa.

The E2 visa which is a company creation one or buying an existing compnay, for those not meeting the 12 months requirements is one that deos not lead to a GC.

to the OP -change your lawyer -if you need a good one please DM me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 965 times
I am currently in L1 blanket visa for company A, is it possible for company B to process me a green card and work for company B? If possible to process green card to company B, how long I will wait to work for company B?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:11 PM

282 posts, read 444,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb627 View Post
I am currently in L1 blanket visa for company A, is it possible for company B to process me a green card and work for company B? If possible to process green card to company B, how long I will wait to work for company B?
Unless company B is related to company A, company B will need to go through the labor certification process for you. That can take anywhere from a few months to a couple of years. If that is successful (the company will need to show that there are no U.S. workers available, willing and qualified for the job), the company can then file an I-140 immigrant petition for you. If you have maintained and are maintaining your L-1 (or another nonimmigrant) status, and there is not a backlog in quota numbers for your category and nationality, you can concurrently file an adjustment of status application, and apply for a work authorization. Once you have that work authorization, you can go to work for company B. However, if that petition or application is denied, you'll have no other status to fall back on, and will need to leave the country asap.

That quota backlog issue is important. If you are stuck in it, it could be years before you can file the adjustment application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration