Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:44 AM

242 posts, read 837,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearSwamped View Post
The fair market price of a house is not what it is listed for on the MLS. The fair market price is what someone is willing to pay for it. Clearly there has been a massive slowdown in sales. We can reason that buyers do not think that the prices have hit bottom.

The worst thing that a real estate agent can do, by far, is list the house too high to start.
I agree with some of what your saying my main issue is a real estate agent does not list the price....that has to be agreed upon between the homeowner and the agent...so soetimes its the homeowner that has an idea of inflated value....But Yes it is the ABSOLUTE worst thing you can do in this market.

And my below reference only shows available references because that is all the "public" MLS site shows. I could show you comps that illustrate my position as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 AM

135 posts, read 370,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvivian View Post
lorib49,

You are correct. Homes in that price range are moving with regularity. I hate saying this because everyone looks as me as an agent, but putting that hat to the side - This market has so much opportunity for buyers and sellers, it is truly unbelievable.

Good Luck House Hunting,
Jeff

Are you sticking to your guns on this statement? It's not long ago.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,114,191 times
LifetimeLocal, I agree with many of your points, but I gotta say, you're like the reincarnation of "EmmausRocks." from a year or so ago.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifetimeLocal View Post
Are you sticking to your guns on this statement? It's not long ago.
So you are saying there is no opportunities? I am not sure I follow?

Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
So you are saying there is no opportunities? I am not sure I follow?

I would have to say no. The reason for my decision is simple. People got punch drunk like no other time before and when you look at history which always repeats itself this one makes all others look like a cake walk. It's sad to say but this economy is going to struggle for a long time and its all related to the housing market.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:49 PM

Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifetimeLocal View Post
I would have to say no. The reason for my decision is simple. People got punch drunk like no other time before and when you look at history which always repeats itself this one makes all others look like a cake walk. It's sad to say but this economy is going to struggle for a long time and its all related to the housing market.
I still not sure I follow this....so there are no opportunities for anybody in this market because over the past 5 years people are punch drunk. thats like saying well there are no good .coms left because of .com bust 10 years ago.

It seems to be an empty statement...to say there is not 1 person in the entire Lehigh Valley that has an ounce of opportunity to upgrade their lifestyle because of 5 years ago... don't you think? I mean some people that bought 8 -15 years ago....there is nothing in this market for them?

Last edited by jeffvivian; 11-17-2009 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: bust

Old 11-18-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I still not sure I follow this....so there are no opportunities for anybody in this market because over the past 5 years people are punch drunk. thats like saying well there are no good .coms left because of .com bust 10 years ago.

It seems to be an empty statement...to say there is not 1 person in the entire Lehigh Valley that has an ounce of opportunity to upgrade their lifestyle because of 5 years ago... don't you think? I mean some people that bought 8 -15 years ago....there is nothing in this market for them?

Mortgage delinquencies rise in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com

Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
Here's an interesting quote from the above mentioned article.

"The Valley's mortgage delinquency rate in the third quarter was higher than Pennsylvania's rate of 4.1 percent, but lower than the national rate of 6.3 percent. The Lehigh Valley housing market has been searching for bottom under the pressure of rising joblessness and foreclosures. A tax credit of up to $8,000 for first-time homebuyers has helped boost sales activity, but median prices continue to slide. In Lehigh and Northampton counties in October, the median home sold for $172,700, down 6.4 percent from a year earlier, according Prudential Patt, White Real Estate."

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 AM

ok....this posting now reveals your face and its familiar....and its the same merry go round from last year....good luck.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Here's an interesting quote from the above mentioned article.

"The Valley's mortgage delinquency rate in the third quarter was higher than Pennsylvania's rate of 4.1 percent, but lower than the national rate of 6.3 percent. The Lehigh Valley housing market has been searching for bottom under the pressure of rising joblessness and foreclosures. A tax credit of up to $8,000 for first-time homebuyers has helped boost sales activity, but median prices continue to slide. In Lehigh and Northampton counties in October, the median home sold for $172,700, down 6.4 percent from a year earlier, according Prudential Patt, White Real Estate."
For the three months ended Sept. 30, 4.5 percent of mortgages in the Lehigh Valley area – defined as Lehigh, Northampton and Carbon counties and Warren County, N.J. – were 60 or more days past due, according to the credit reporting agency TransUnion in Chicago. That's up from 3.1 percent in the same quarter a year ago and up from 4.2 percent in the second quarter of this year.

Being two months behind is considered a first step toward foreclosure, because it's so hard to catch up with payments at that point.

The local mortgage delinquency rate has been climbing since the first quarter of 2007, when only 1.8 percent of mortgages were 60 or more days delinquent, according to TransUnion.

Did you forget to put this on there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley