Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times

Advertisements

I've found the best information about specific schools is from the school district. In my particular neighborhood there are kids that go to all three elementary schools.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 02:08 AM

611 posts, read 1,991,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjd View Post
Ok, maybe I should have been more specific about my criticisms. I realize that there are some good schools in the Lehigh Valley, and I specifically mentioned Parkland, which is one of the best in the state. Wilson, Emmaus, Southern Lehigh, etc. are all decent as well. I won't debate if they really can compare with schools like Central Bucks West or North Penn though. I was kind of making a generalization about the schools within the city of Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton. Sure, get outside the cities and you can find some better schools, but this person was asking about West Bethlehem, which I believe is Liberty hs area. Now, I don't think we can sugarcoat the reputation of Liberty or Freedom.
OK. I live in West Bethlehem two blocks south of the Rose Garden. I went to Liberty and have a degree. In my neighborhood there are doctors, a former US congressman, 8th Ave, Lawyers, electricians, blue and white collar, etc., etc. My kids go to Calypso. The older ones graduated from Liberty. None of my kids do drugs. All are doing well and have bright futures. Your generalizations of an area you never spent time living in are 100% drivel.

Where do you get your expertise regarding the area I spent 90% of my nearly 50 years living in? We have basically no crime here. I can't remember any breakins since my neighbor's back in the early 70s. You can walk the streets any time day or night. We have a strong sense of neighborhood community.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:45 PM

18 posts, read 65,654 times
Don't forget Hanover Township, its terrific for kids and smaller. Plus we have Wegmans !!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,423 times
Been living in BASD for 2 yrs now and coming from Rahway NJ and the Linden, Elizabeth/Newark areas in NJ where I am now is very peaceful. I have a daughter that goes to School at Spring Garden and can say that I am very happy with it considering for the same quality of education in NJ I had to pay $400 a month for private school.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,405 times
Default North Bethlehem 18018

I've lived in this area with my family for 10 years now. The schools are great, there is very little (if any) crime because we all look out for each other. If a strange car makes more than one pass around our neighborhood, trust me someone has made a note of it. There are plenty of other places for rowdies and criminals to live. Irregardless of race etc you are welcome as long as you have the same ideals...to live in peace, respect your neighbors as they will you.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:57 PM

50 posts, read 189,283 times
18018 is the Northside of the Bethlehem, 18017 is the Westside (all make up the North-by-Northwest area) which is probably the nicest and safest areas of Bethlehem. Most go to Liberty High, which has been extensively remodeled and expanded in the past 2 years and looks like a really nice facility. Freedom is more for the students in Bethlehem Township.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley