Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 AM

83 posts, read 95,100 times

Advertisements

Thankfully and God willing, I've never been a victim of crime here in the LR metro area, but it has now become a problem for me on one level.

About a month ago, I started having a problem where the UPS driver would no longer leave my package outside my door. I signed notes giving authorization, and he still refused to leave the package. The UPS note would say that I would have to sign for the package in person. Well since they come around 2pm in the afternoon when I'm at work, this is not an option for me. So I've had to request that the package be left at the UPS office for pickup. The UPS office here way out by the airport. A 25 mile drive from my area. I simply can not afford to make that drive every time I place a freaking online order.

I contacted Amazon and Best Buy, and they told me that my orders are not going out requiring signature. I called UPS and they gave me the runaround basically saying my only option is to pick up the package at the UPS office. Even more frustrating, there is no direct local number to contact them and find out why this driver is doing this now. For years, he has leave the package outside with no problems.

I finally got a callback from someone at the local office and they explained the situation. Apparently, crime in LR is so bad now that drivers are afraid to leave packages unsecured outside. There have been a high incidence of ppl's packages being stolen, sometimes within minutes after the driver leaves. She told me the drivers are being held liable for the loss which sounds kinda BS to me, but it's pretty sad when you can't get your package because of theft worries these days. I'll gladly make the 50 mile drive if it means not having my order stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 09:35 PM

3 posts, read 11,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
Thankfully and God willing, I've never been a victim of crime here in the LR metro area, but it has now become a problem for me on one level.

About a month ago, I started having a problem where the UPS driver would no longer leave my package outside my door. I signed notes giving authorization, and he still refused to leave the package. The UPS note would say that I would have to sign for the package in person. Well since they come around 2pm in the afternoon when I'm at work, this is not an option for me. So I've had to request that the package be left at the UPS office for pickup. The UPS office here way out by the airport. A 25 mile drive from my area. I simply can not afford to make that drive every time I place a freaking online order.

I contacted Amazon and Best Buy, and they told me that my orders are not going out requiring signature. I called UPS and they gave me the runaround basically saying my only option is to pick up the package at the UPS office. Even more frustrating, there is no direct local number to contact them and find out why this driver is doing this now. For years, he has leave the package outside with no problems.

I finally got a callback from someone at the local office and they explained the situation. Apparently, crime in LR is so bad now that drivers are afraid to leave packages unsecured outside. There have been a high incidence of ppl's packages being stolen, sometimes within minutes after the driver leaves. She told me the drivers are being held liable for the loss which sounds kinda BS to me, but it's pretty sad when you can't get your package because of theft worries these days. I'll gladly make the 50 mile drive if it means not having my order stolen.
Doesn't surprise me!

Old 11-24-2013, 09:54 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times
I drive for one of the major delivery companies and can attest that all releases (deliveries without signature) are subject to driver discretion. If it's a shady area, threat of rain, or no good place to put it, we don't leave it. Getting asked days or weeks later "where did you leave it, the customer is claiming non-delivery" is a pain in the ass. It happened to me several times when I was in the Phoenix area.
It is odd that they won't do it with a signed notice on the door though. As long as the driver can retrieve the notice so the signature can be filed, it shouldn't be an issue. That's basically a Get Out of Jail Free card for all the questionable situations we can encounter. I've had people leave notes saying it's OK to leave it in the rain, and even one saying "please THROW the package onto the second floor balcony." Just make sure the driver can take the note...preferable method is to put a post-it note on the door saying "(Company), please leave package." Sign and print your name. Tracking number and date are helpful as well, but not essential unless you are expecting multiple pieces from different carriers on the same day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area