Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:44 PM

5 posts, read 22,657 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Little Rock from Fargo North Dakota at the end of June. I have been searching and searching on all of the apartment guide websites trying to figure out where the best place for me to live would be.

I just graduated college and took a job with the Army Corps there in Little Rock, so I will be working downtown at the federal building. (700 west capitol).

From what I can find on those guide/rating websites is that the majority of the decent areas of town are on the west side of LR, and the majority of NLR.

Could I get some help in trying to find decent areas to narrow my search. I have some apartments picked out and a little critiquing on them would be wonderful.

I would prefer that the drive time would be fairly light as well. If there are any areas else where I should narrow my search down that would be wonderful.

McCain Apts:
3900 McCain Park Dr.
North Little Rock
AR 72116

The Landings at Rock Creek
13200 Chenal Parkway
Little Rock, AR 72211

River Pointe Apartments
7325 River Pointe Drive
North Little Rock AR 72113

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 02:16 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,635 times
I always suggest to young people moving to Little Rock to look in Hillcrest or Argenta for rentals. Those places are walkable. They're real neighborhoods. They're convenient to everything. There will be plenty of time for bland apartment complexes later.

As far as the apartment complexes you mentioned, none of them are particularly offensive. I do know firsthand that The Landings at Rock Creek is not as nice as it used to be. River Pointe is in North Little Rock, but it's really close to Maumelle -- almost cut off from the rest of North Little Rock; getting on 630 to get downtown from Maumelle Blvd. can be a headache.

Tell us a little more about your budget and what you're looking for in a place to live, and we'll be able to help more.

Best wishes.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:33 PM

Well for me, my income will be in the $40000 range, I am looking for an apartment with a rent of around $600-750 a month. I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary with my wife. We are both from rural Minnesota, so the laid back atmosphere is a plus for us while we get used to a larger city.

For a place to live, we would like something close to 'things to do' and not having to travel for a long time to get to work. We want a safer area of town where we can take walks or bike around without being mugged or run over by traffic.

It would be a serious benefit for the apartment to have washer/dryer and a dishwasher as well, and we would probably be looking at starting with a 6 month lease just to get our feet in the door in the city and to understand it better.

I hope this helps a bit.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:49 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
Look down in Riverdale in the area around Alltel...north of Cantrell around Riverfront. You would be really close to work and really close to the parks and the Hillcrest area. I really think you'd like it down there.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:43 PM

Sam,

Well, since I have been to Little Rock once for an interview, I know where the airport is, and where the office is, I will look at the maps you posted on a different thread to try to find apartments in the area. Do you know of any specific apartments in the area?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM

Well....Riverwalk, the Park at Riverdale, (even Watergate, which is just west of Cantrell and Mississippi but you won't be in the "fun" area there). Look at apartments.com

Further west is Rivercliff and Vantage Point (apartmentfinder.com). You're a little bit further from downtown, but not much - and still very close to Rebsamen Park for bike riding, golf, and some river activities. Hillcrest is just south of there if you go up Allsopp Park Rd.

Here's an article with links to reviews...maybe it will help?

Apartment Hunting in Little Rock

Old 06-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Ive been looking at apartmentratings.com and looking in this area. I like the convenience of the area and proximity to work.

Does anyone have any info about the McCain area of NLR?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:46 AM

Blitz, I'll step up and tell you very little...

It is a HEAVILY congested area trafficwise. You'll be close to the mall and every big box store in the world, but the traffic is a nightmare getting onto and off of the interstate if you use the McCain exit. Even though it's been widened, it's just bad. There's an area through there called Lakewood - you might google that - and if you can get on a side street it would be okay, but you still have McCain traffic. And traffic going into Little Rock at peak hours can jam up from further north from all the cars coming in from north Pulaski and Lonoke counties. For the drive time, I'd stick with closer to downtown Little Rock.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:13 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Blitz, I'll step up and tell you very little...

It is a HEAVILY congested area trafficwise. You'll be close to the mall and every big box store in the world, but the traffic is a nightmare getting onto and off of the interstate if you use the McCain exit. Even though it's been widened, it's just bad. There's an area through there called Lakewood - you might google that - and if you can get on a side street it would be okay, but you still have McCain traffic. And traffic going into Little Rock at peak hours can jam up from further north from all the cars coming in from north Pulaski and Lonoke counties. For the drive time, I'd stick with closer to downtown Little Rock.

The only sane way to get on and off of McCain is Springhill Dr which has an I-40 exit just east of the 67 interchange.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the help, i have found a decent apartment in the lakewood area, hopefully they have some room left for me

Thanks for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area