Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 09:02 AM

245 posts, read 708,709 times

Advertisements

I came across an online edition of the Log Cabin newspaper which I believe is a local Conway newspaper. In there, found a section called "Police Beat" that lists out all the crimes released by the PD. Here are a few links:
Police beat (4/2/10) | TheCabin.net
Police beat (4/1/10) | TheCabin.net
Police beat (3/31/10) | TheCabin.net

Been reading it for past few days and almost *every* day, there is at least one report of a break-in .. A car was broken into, a home was broken into etc. To me, it sounds rather alarming

On the flip side, some of them were almost funny "stole an avocado and some cheese" - what's up with that ??!!

Any Conway residents here comment on the crime situation ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 AM

369 posts, read 1,302,803 times
I don't live in Conway, but as you probably understand, any city with 60,000+ people will have some crime. Violent crime rarely occurs in Conway, but of course there will be a house or car break-in every once in a while no matter where you live. This is why some smaller communities don't have regular "Crime Report" sections in their papers, because it can give a false impression that crime is rampant in the town when it really is not.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 AM

138 posts, read 410,269 times
I have lived in Conway for the last 4 years, and there is a good deal of break-ins. However, I don't think I have lived anywhere that there wasn't except for years and years ago in smaller towns. I lived in Heber Springs for 20 years prior to moving to Conway and in the last few years there we saw an increasing number of break-ins. I'm not sure what the cause is...bad economy, rising meth problem (addicts gotta get the money for their meth somehow).

So many of the reports I read in the Cabin involve women who have left their purses in their cars (really??), folks who left their house doors unlocked or garage doors unlocked....You do have to try to protect your things.

The only alarming reports are the scant few that have been break-in attempts while the resident was in the house.

The Conway PD is doing a good job, but as with any town they can't be everywhere at all times. I love it here in Conway and feel safe. I lock my doors and I get to know my neighbors and come to an understanding that we will all look out for each other.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,758 times
Lived in Conway 5 years now. For the size of the town, it's really remarkable how low the crime is. There are three colleges in town and a lot of the minor break-ins and thefts can be attributed to adventurous frat boys. There are a couple of areas in town where a strange vehicle might be a target after dark or something, but the majority of the town is safe at all hours. As an example, if I go shopping over at Home Depot and Best Buy and then go over to Wal-Mart, I might lock my doors just to be safe, but I don't feel nervous about any of the things that are in the back of my truck.

I live just outside the city limits, between Vilonia and Conway. Crime is virtually unheard of outside the limits of Conway.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:54 AM

3 posts, read 7,583 times
I've lived in Conway for the last 2 years. Crime here isn't that bad, especially considering all the colleges in town and how close to Little Rock it is. I do know that the Little Rock area has been listed on Forbes Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in the US the last two years. It includes the Conway area in that report, but honestly it is not that bad here. I don't leave my purse in the car, or any of my doors or windows unlocked, and take normal safety precautions when I'm out, especially at night. I moved here from Wyoming, where crime basically didn't exist, so at first it was a little creepy, but it's normal when you live in a city. When something does happen though, the CPD are very good at getting everything done that they can.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM

138 posts, read 410,269 times
I will say this:

*Lock your doors, including garage doors.

*Lock your car and do not leave valuables in sight.

Break-ins/burglaries are the biggest problem in Conway in my opinion. The violent crimes typically happen in very localized areas. The key is to not leave anything out or unlocked that you don't want to disappear or get broken into. Common sense is your ally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area