Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 08:04 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North London Susie View Post
Ooooh we have a white knight ready to defend the ladies Would you jump in if it was a terrorist attack? In any case, this wasn't a terrorist or Islamophobic person, just a sad mentally ill person.
White knight!??.... Well DUH!!.. don't you read the relationships forum? LMAO

In any case I'm assuming due to the nature of the thread you would steam right in and stop them?

And to answer your question who knows.... I probably would have a go as I can handle myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 08:15 AM

72 posts, read 70,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
White knight!??.... Well DUH!!.. don't you read the relationships forum? LMAO

In any case I'm assuming due to the nature of the thread you would steam right in and stop them?

And to answer your question who knows.... I probably would have a go as I can handle myself
Why would I waste my time in the relationships forum? I tried reading and found i depressing.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Why would I waste my time in the relationships forum? I tried reading and found i depressing.
In other words I'm mainly on that and so on

Incidentally what would you do with a terrorist?

Old 12-20-2016, 02:45 PM

914 posts, read 973,709 times
Quote:
I NEVER travel by train and hate public transport in London. Chances of me being caught up in something like that is zero. I do however ALWAYS have mace (pepper spray) which is illegal in UK, on me so if I was confronted with that sort of incident I would do what I have to. Did the British passenger do much in France attack and would he have done anything if the others had not piled on?

I love public transport and was back in London in the summer, no issues travelling by train. Not saying 100% safe all the time but please tell me where is? I have to drive everywhere currently and hate it. Far quicker by train especially to and from London. As for chances of being caught up in something unless you have a crystal ball thats doubtful. There is risk everywhere, drunk drivers and only have to look at events in Berlin yesterday where people were walking. When your times up its up . I worked round the corner from the Aldgate bombings when they happened and could easily have found myself or my work colleagues caught up in it. Did we go hide and never go to work again? Don't think so because that's what some want to control by fear and sorry but I wont play ball ! So would you have steamed in and helped??

Old 12-20-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
I love public transport and was back in London in the summer, no issues travelling by train. Not saying 100% safe all the time but please tell me where is? I have to drive everywhere currently and hate it. Far quicker by train especially to and from London. As for chances of being caught up in something unless you have a crystal ball thats doubtful. There is risk everywhere, drunk drivers and only have to look at events in Berlin yesterday where people were walking. When your times up its up . I worked round the corner from the Aldgate bombings when they happened and could easily have found myself or my work colleagues caught up in it. Did we go hide and never go to work again? Don't think so because that's what some want to control by fear and sorry but I wont play ball ! So would you have steamed in and helped??
Yeah it's a shame she doesn't use public transport...... I'd feel MUCH safer with ms Rambo around!!

Old 12-20-2016, 03:25 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah it's a shame she doesn't use public transport...... I'd feel MUCH safer with ms Rambo around!!
You're making me chuckle! :-)

Old 12-20-2016, 03:27 PM

914 posts, read 973,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You're making me chuckle! :-)
You are a legend LondonCowboy!

Old 12-20-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I drive in London or take taxi's because to be honest, the buses like the tubes are filthy and I don't like being in such close proximity to stinky people and there are a lot of them in London. In the summer there is no air con on the trains or tube and much prefer the comfort the cool comfort of my car and radio... And yes if I was there I would have intervened. My pepper spray would have disabled him long enough to make others grab him.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Also I've lived in a war zone before, have flow to and from abroad 7 times this year and going to Turkey in May 2017, so no I'm not adverse to a little danger. One other thing, It was clear right from the beginning (according to what I heard from the eyewitnesses), this guy was a mentally ill person and not a terrorist.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Also I've lived in a war zone before, have flow to and from abroad 7 times this year and going to Turkey in May 2017, so no I'm not adverse to a little danger. One other thing, It was clear right from the beginning (according to what I heard from the eyewitnesses), this guy was a mentally ill person and not a terrorist.
Serious question here.... Whats the purpose of this thread if not to insult English people by basically calling us wimps?

And yes a mentally ill/drunk/lunatic etc person I'd have no quarrel in sorting out on reflection and most I know would also. Now Ive had training in Krav Maga, scaffolding only toughens you up , and been brought up on a rough council estate and in some of the roughest pub/clubs in London.... So I can handle myself better than most but others are not as fortunate.

If it was terrorist/extremist etc with a shooter or worse what could anyone do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London