Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:26 PM

3,524 posts, read 5,703,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaytogo View Post
Where i drove through the houses were gross.........leaves everywhere, nobody seems to care to clean their properties. IMO SB was a bit dirty. You are right about moriches...............just as far as wading river but south............

I never even asked you all about Middle Island itself !! hearsay I got is that it is not that great.......................

Someone asked me what parts of holbrook??? there was alot of ave's with letters (ie. Ave B , Ave C etc...)

And to the person that asked me if I had an area I was leaning towards before i posted..........that answer is no..............I would prefer North but I can get more for my money south...........schools i know to avoid are not in my areas of looking................it basically comes down to what i am looking for. I do not want to "keep up with the jones'" but I also do not want to BE THE jones' on a block people make a mess of. I know I drove through bits of each area, maybe i need to spend a bit more time on one at a time. what about ridge? can anyone suggest an area? give me a street name to look for) and i will drive around that area. maybe I chose the wrong blocks in sound beack, rocky point, holbrook, ronkonkma, and holtsville. Thank again everyone !
To the OP, if you were on the "letter avenues" you were most likely on the Brookhaven side. Again, take another look, but look on the Islip side with the BLUE and WHITE street signs.

Basically its the area from Patch/Holbrook Rd & the LIE (Exit 61) south on patch/holbrook road. I know technically it starts after you cross over Union Avenue.
You have all the areas left and right off Patch/Holbrook down to about County Road 99 (woodside avenue, just after the fire station) and then down to Vets hwy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 06:21 PM

See the area in blue
Attached Thumbnails
holbrook/ronkonkma or rocky pt/N shore area-hbrook.jpg  

Old 12-18-2010, 06:39 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
See the area in blue
Does the N of 495 part of Holbrook go to North?
Does any?

Id probably hold out for Sachem North if things continue to trend the way theyre trending for East.

How about Nesconset, Lake Grove?

Does Lake Hills go to North?
Does anyone have a map.

Crooks

Old 12-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Does any?

Id probably hold out for Sachem North if things continue to trend the way theyre trending for East.

Does anyone have a map.

Crooks
Definately any area north of the blue line goes to North.
Definately west of Broadway Avenue goes to North.
The line gets hazy east of Broadway Avenue and depends on your development.

My son is zoned for East but there's a long way off before he is there. People I know who have their kids going to East dont have any major complaints other than its far away, literally at the end of the district line.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:13 PM

401 posts, read 944,810 times
All towns mentioned in this post have good and bad blocks. I travel to all of these areas, and others, frequently. I have been on beautiful streets in Brentwood and nasty looking areas in the Hamptons. You can find a street where all the residents are meticulous about their lawns, but the school districts will suck, or you can find great school districts where there are streets with boarded up houses. Basically, you can't have it all. The point, don't let one small detail rule a community out all together or you will never find anything. Good Luck.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 AM

13 posts, read 32,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajimenez View Post
All towns mentioned in this post have good and bad blocks. I travel to all of these areas, and others, frequently. I have been on beautiful streets in Brentwood and nasty looking areas in the Hamptons. You can find a street where all the residents are meticulous about their lawns, but the school districts will suck, or you can find great school districts where there are streets with boarded up houses. Basically, you can't have it all. The point, don't let one small detail rule a community out all together or you will never find anything. Good Luck.

But i want it ALL You made good points..............I am not looking for the best of the best - i cannot afford to.........but I also do not want rock bottom. I just want a nice blue collar area that has good schools, good peopple, nice houses and a future for me. How can this be so hard???

As for the diff color street signs.............I am now on the look !! I never even noticed blue/white opposed to green/white - thats pretty funny and good to know !!!

Crooks.............I cannot thank you enough !! I will be on the phone in 45 min when the RE offices open.

Never knew holbrook was so BIG !!!

Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Default A map of the Sachem Central School District

Quote:
Does anyone have a map.
A map, you say?

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Sachem Central School District includes all or part of the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Farmingville, the Hamlet of Selden, the Hamlet of Coram, the Hamlet of Medford, the Hamlet of North Patchogue, the Hamlet of Holtsville, the Hamlet of Holbrook, the Hamlet of Bohemia, the Hamlet of Ronkonkoma, the Hamlet of Lake Ronkonkoma and the Village of Lake Grove.

A map of the Sachem Central School District:
Attached Thumbnails
holbrook/ronkonkma or rocky pt/N shore area-sachemcsd.gif  

Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
A map, you say?

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Sachem Central School District includes all or part of the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Farmingville, the Hamlet of Selden, the Hamlet of Coram, the Hamlet of Medford, the Hamlet of North Patchogue, the Hamlet of Holtsville, the Hamlet of Holbrook, the Hamlet of Bohemia, the Hamlet of Ronkonkoma, the Hamlet of Lake Ronkonkoma and the Village of Lake Grove.

A map of the Sachem Central School District:
Sorry Walter

I meant a map for Sachem North and a Map for East

Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Does any?

Does anyone have a map.

Crooks
Lake Hills is Connetquot. Everything West of Ocean/Rosevalle and South of Smithtown Blvd is Connetquot schools, which are marginally better than Sachem based on stats.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Lake Hills is Connetquot. Everything West of Ocean/Rosevalle and South of Smithtown Blvd is Connetquot schools, which are marginally better than Sachem based on stats.
I didnt know that Connectquot went that far north.

Thats good to know,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island