Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:13 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times

Advertisements

The best lab money could buy.
Another fiasco for the taxpayers. Let see who is accountable for this...
Another great performance by the overpaid NCPD and company

Old 02-18-2011, 06:36 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
The best lab money could buy.
Another fiasco for the taxpayers. Let see who is accountable for this...
Another great performance by the overpaid NCPD and company

Think if paid them $50,000/year we could still get this quality police enforcement?

I think you know my answer.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:03 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Default Oooh you two are bad

I'm surprised you haven't been descended upon.

Not because you are posting THE TRUTH but just because you are posting anything about the crime lab being so incompetent it had to be completely closed. Good move and about time, because I am sure the lawsuits because of THIS that the Nassau County taxpayers will have to pay are backed up from the last century.

Somebody is slacking off on duty!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
I never thought things would go this far. It's becoming very obvious that the Nassau County Police Department is incompetent and very poorly managed. I mean these people knew the lab was having all these problems and nobody did anything to fix it. Up to 9,000 criminal cases could be screwed up thanks to this bunch of buffoons.

There's only one way this can be fixed: disband the Nassau County Police Department and absorb it into the Nassau County Sheriff's Department which would be required to change the office of sheriff into an elected position with a 4 year term. If the sheriff is a dumb**** then the taxpayers can vote him out and it will shake-up the whole upper management rather than just business as usual. Do the same thing in Suffolk with the Suffolk County Police.

Quick, let's get this conversation going before the usuals show up. In fact, I am shocked they havent already made an appearance as it's been over 2 hours since the 1st post.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I never thought things would go this far. It's becoming very obvious that the Nassau County Police Department is incompetent and very poorly managed. I mean these people knew the lab was having all these problems and nobody did anything to fix it. Up to 9,000 criminal cases could be screwed up thanks to this bunch of buffoons.

There's only one way this can be fixed: disband the Nassau County Police Department and absorb it into the Nassau County Sheriff's Department which would be required to change the office of sheriff into an elected position with a 4 year term. If the sheriff is a dumb**** then the taxpayers can vote him out and it will shake-up the whole upper management rather than just business as usual. Do the same thing in Suffolk with the Suffolk County Police.

Quick, let's get this conversation going before the usuals show up. In fact, I am shocked they havent already made an appearance as it's been over 2 hours since the 1st post.
He is coming for you:

Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:

Maybe they don't consider the people who work in the lab to be "real law enforcement" so they will let them rot and not come screeching to the defense like a band of shrieking harpies.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:05 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Maybe they don't consider the people who work in the lab to be "real law enforcement" so they will let them rot and not come screeching to the defense like a band of shrieking harpies.
From what I understand, most if not all of the NCPD Crime Lab techs were sworn officers and not civilian employees as is the norm in most LE agencies.

They will show up as soon as Jeff Frayer and James Carver send up the signal that they are under "attack" ...

Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times
Quote:

I read in the paper that one of the supervisors reported discrepancies to his superiors but the warnings were ignored. In true fashion NCPD did not release the names of the superiors ... perhaps the names were misplaced due to their stellar recordkeeping ?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:55 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Is this one of those examples of how we need to keep law enforcement compensation at outrageously high levels to protect our phenomenal quality of life?

God bless all the hero Americans putting their lives on the line at the Nassau County Crime Lab. 9/11 nevar 4 get.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:24 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
So Jerry, what's the story? (old commercial reference).
So what happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island