Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:19 AM

338 posts, read 777,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Sorry, I figured you'd want a benchmark to compare your crap credit score to.

You must have really screwed up to have to pay a deposit
negative my friend, they used my wife's credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
who has perfect credit in todays world?

Perfect credit? Almost no one.

Credit good enough to avoid having to buy cable boxes outright? Almost everyone.

I'm sorry you're as accurate in your finances as you are in your posting information, but that doesn't mean we have to listen to your constant misinformation and shilling for a company that apparently did you a favor that only loan sharks and/or Rent A Center would do.

THANK YOU, verizon for being responsible enough to run credit checks so microcephalics like pequadude cannot abuse the service....

Old 04-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Competition is all fine and economically healthy UNTIL the giants of retail (Home Depot, Walmart, Target etc.), have driven all of the other competitors,
like the local independent mom and pop stores, out of business and there is no longer any competition. Take a good look at what the competition with China
has done to our dwindling economy, the great outsourcing of America, the drastic loss of American manufacturers, the subgrade products that we may be able
to afford to buy today, but when these Chinese imports are finally our only choice, will put us at their exclusive mercy. That's the real bottom line with competition...

I was just saying last week how ironic it was that Blockbuster had driven out a majority of mom and pop video stores and here I was, shopping at a blockbusters' going out of business sale.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:57 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,722 times
Actually, in a way Pequadude is not far wrong. From what I've heard too, Verizon has long term plans to get out of cable delivery and focus on their cell phone/internet delivery on mobile devices. At some point in the distant future all cable tv will be delivered wirelessly (in whatever form it will exist). We've all heard how others are streaming data from their computers directly to their TV, etc. I'm not saying this is happening tomorrow - but it will happen. In the same way that Blockbuster went bust, cable companies will go the same way. Verizon is just, smartly, planning ahead. And this is from a person who is looking to make the switch TO Verizon Fios from Cablevision very shortly.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:18 PM

9 posts, read 10,101 times
Default haven't read the entire thread, however...

being that this is about FIOS and Cablevision, I would highly recommend switching to FIOS.

One warning though, once you switch, Cablevision will harass you constantly.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Perfect credit? Almost no one.

Credit good enough to avoid having to buy cable boxes outright? Almost everyone.

I'm sorry you're as accurate in your finances as you are in your posting information, but that doesn't mean we have to listen to your constant misinformation and shilling for a company that apparently did you a favor that only loan sharks and/or Rent A Center would do.

THANK YOU, verizon for being responsible enough to run credit checks so microcephalics like pequadude cannot abuse the service....
yea, you got me: Im going to abuse verizon. thats my goal in life.

my credit is excellent and I have enough in my bank to retire at the ripe old age of 39. how about you?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlinstant View Post
being that this is about FIOS and Cablevision, I would highly recommend switching to FIOS.

One warning though, once you switch, Cablevision will harass you constantly.

verizon harrasses me also. I constantly get thier junk mail once a week. how can i stop them?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:22 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
I told Cablevision to put me on their Do Not Call List, and they stopped harrassing me. Now I just get letters in the mail from them periodically.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I told Cablevision to put me on their Do Not Call List, and they stopped harrassing me. Now I just get letters in the mail from them periodically.

I acxtually had a Cablevision salesperson show up on my doorstep a few months back. He told me he had been the salesperson representing my area for 3 years and was just now getting to me (after I had cancelled my service more than a year before his visit). He made all sorts of promises and offers that weren't really offers and I explained to him that it was the level of their service, from poor picture quality to charging for the premium on demand channels to having to reset my modem at least 3 times a week that was preventing me from going back. Additionally, I showed him how I was saving money with FIOS by getting more for my money than what Cable offered. Finally I told him that, based on my experiences with Cable, if FIOS were to fold tomorrow, I would get Dish or Direct TV or even an antenna before I went back to them.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
verizon harrasses me also. I constantly get thier junk mail once a week. how can i stop them?

You cannot anymore than we can stop Cablevision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island