Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Here we go again...some East Suffolkian political ninnies have to belittle their new boogie man the ALL POWERFUL TEA PARTY.
Wheres that Nashole Peter King when you need him?

Someones gotta speak up for the Pequan TP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead8286 View Post
Crook,
Actually, isn't his base calling him that. How could a nobel peace prize winner get involved in another conflict?
Keeps Jarheads workin ...no?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
I'm still a property owner in NY. Maybe, if the state ever does a 180 from going full retard like it's been doing for as long as I remember, I might consider moving back there.
LOL
You never go full retard.

Maybe Littleton did.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:28 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What really infuriates me is how they are not going to pay our servicemen and women in Iraq and Afghanistan but the welfare checks and Social Security will keep on coming. I mean wtf.
So, if the troops aren't going to get paid then are their contracts null and void and they can come home?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:36 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLists09 View Post
Exactly when did the federal government get in the business of "contraceptive counseling"? To not want the government spending my money on that makes me a religious whackjob? That's pretty ignorant.
You don't get to pick and choose what the government spends money on. Believe me, you wouldn't be too happy if you let me do so.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM

324 posts, read 335,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLists09 View Post
Exactly when did the federal government get in the business of "contraceptive counseling"? To not want the government spending my money on that makes me a religious whackjob? That's pretty ignorant.
You hit the nail right on it's fat head. I also find it funny how apparently, not wanting to fund PP is considered "misogyny". Right, because there are no women against abortion.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:32 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What really infuriates me is how they are not going to pay our servicemen and women in Iraq and Afghanistan but the welfare checks and Social Security will keep on coming. I mean wtf.
As a Social Security recipient, it would infuriate me also, if a stoppage in funding, even a temporary lag in getting those checks out to us senior citizens, were to happen.
I take inference to your association between welfare benefits and S.S. benefits, they are not the same. We who are vested in the Social Security system, have paid our way.
We're not getting a, per se, "handout" from Uncle Sam, We made our payroll deductions, and we stand out in starkly obvious contrast, to those who have never made any real
or worthwhile contribution to the free lunch kitchen of this flawed system, the same government from where they draw sustanance. Whereas, we made investments in our S.S.
accounts, they made babies. We worked for our wages and our work was much more than a walk to the mailbox on checkday or ripping WIC food coupons out of a booklet.
I'm not pleased with the looming possibility that military personel might not get their bi-monthly pay, it represents an all-time low in the sorry new dimension, to which we are
rapidly declining. It's surely not the America of my father's time, and it won't be a fit place for my eight grandchildren either, but the saddest commentary? It is, what it is.

For some seniors, it's already kibbles and bits for the evening meal, raiding the goodwill box down by the library, for clothes or picking clipped cigarette butts out of those
ashtray topped, refuse receptacles at Target or Walmart. As surely as our servicemen deserve to receive their pay, so do we who are depending on these funds, that we may be
able buy our own food and clothing, and we cannot eat dirt. At least our servicemen over in Iraq or Afghanistan have government uniforms to wear and even if old Uncle Sam just
couldn't afford to give them food, they could always eat the sand which is there...

Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
LOL
You never go full retard.

Maybe Littleton did.
I live nowhere near there(about 4 hours), thankfully.

Oh, are you talking about the shooting where the moon bat lib parents were ignorant and oblivious to their messed up kids amassing firepower, and planning the event? Ok

Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABACAB View Post
You hit the nail right on it's fat head. I also find it funny how apparently, not wanting to fund PP is considered "misogyny". Right, because there are no women against abortion.
Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare.

PS, you can be against abortion and not seek to restrict the rights of others to have control over their own reproductive systems.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
I live nowhere near there(about 4 hours), thankfully.

Oh, are you talking about the shooting where the moon bat lib parents were ignorant and oblivious to their messed up kids amassing firepower, and planning the event? Ok
Dude.

Im joking with you but Im still unclear why youre lurking on the LI boards? Property in NY means what...upstate?
Why the curiosity?

Hey but good news those Moon bat kids were protected under that coveted Teabag favorite 2nd Amendment.

Last edited by Crookhaven; 04-08-2011 at 08:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island