Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:36 AM

95 posts, read 235,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
ROFLMAO!
19 Gilberts Path AMAGANSET $1,990,000
Contemporary, 1 Family
9.0 Rooms
4 Bedrooms, 2.0 Baths

Total Taxes: $6,400
Amagansett School District
Year Built: 1974
Lot Size: 1 Acre
ML#: 2467229 More Property Details
I want those taxes!!!

(also that house, but I'd have to hit lotto)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,077,888 times
This is a stupid, misnamed thread, that is going tragically off course.

JetBlue will not be in Islip any time soon- if ever.

It's on their shortlist, but that means very little- once actual slots are given from ISP it will still be a good year before they begin operations.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM

51 posts, read 52,969 times
Shumer gets alot of kickbacks from Jetblue. He helped them out alot at JFk when they started up getting funding and gates. Of course he wants jetblue in ISP!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:57 AM

322 posts, read 937,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Old wives tail. Since my parents moved down to the Charlotte a couple years ago I have flown out of JFK numerous times, (mostly with Jet Blue). Taking the train to Jamaica and then the air train is quite simple and there is nothing wrong with transferring at Jamaica. Would be glad to have Jet Blue at ISP, but unless you are stuck on a crappy train line or way out east, going into JFK is quite easy.
Although I'm a fan of Jetblue, the one thing I can't stand is the security checkpoint, specifically at NY airports. No organization, staff members yelling different directions so you still have no idea what line to go on, and just the plain rudeness of the staff. I'm sure most of you notice the courtesy and professionalism of Jetblue personell is always much better at your return airport than it is at JFK or LGA.

When it comes to getting there, there isn't much difference in cost between Macurthur or JFK/LGA: gas and long term parking or round-trip train tickets/cab fare. Unless you have someone willing to drop you off and pick you up, you're easily going to drop near $100 either way. You would have to look at which airport takes less time to get to.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM

3,525 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
This is a stupid, misnamed thread, that is going tragically off course.

JetBlue will not be in Islip any time soon- if ever.

It's on their shortlist, but that means very little- once actual slots are given from ISP it will still be a good year before they begin operations.

ISP is not a slot restricted airport.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,077,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
ISP is not a slot restricted airport.
No- but the routes are restricted due to traffic, and they still would need approval from the FAA and Suffolk County to actually set up base there.

Initial proposals were ISP to MCO, ISP to FLL- not happening.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 AM

3,525 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
No- but the routes are restricted due to traffic, and they still would need approval from the FAA and Suffolk County to actually set up base there.

Initial proposals were ISP to MCO, ISP to FLL- not happening.
Nope again not true. Suffolk has no say in what the airport does since the airport is owned by the Town of Islip. They may try to influence what is done but thats another issue. Air traffic is federal but since ISP is not a slot restricted airport and not part of the NYC congested airspace they can just set up shop.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Default No, it's not ...

... they found expanding in LGA preferable.

JetBlue unlikely to fly MacArthur soon
Top Stories Item

Quote:
Barger toured MacArthur in January with U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.). Airport officials, with Schumer's help, have been trying to woo the discount-fare carrier to the airport.

While complimenting airport operators, Barger said JetBlue won't be setting up shop anytime soon at MacArthur.
If Suffolkians want to fly JetBlue they still will have to come west to JFK or LGA.

In the Comments section in Newsday, readers mentioned that MacArthur is a ghost town, Southwest is cutting down flights in favor of using LGA, and the NIMBYs have an organized committee dedicated to killing MacArthur expansion projects with their noise complaints. Is it really that bad out in MacArthur these days?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:09 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
... they found expanding in LGA preferable.

JetBlue unlikely to fly MacArthur soon
Top Stories Item

If Suffolkians want to fly JetBlue they still will have to come west to JFK or LGA.

In the Comments section in Newsday, readers mentioned that MacArthur is a ghost town, Southwest is cutting down flights in favor of using LGA, and the NIMBYs have an organized committee dedicated to killing MacArthur expansion projects with their noise complaints. Is it really that bad out in MacArthur these days?
I don't know if the terminal is ever "crowded" but every southwest flight I've ever been on (even recent ones) has been jam packed.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
I flew Southwest out of ISP last June. There were about 4 people on line ahead of me at security and we breezed through. The SWA flight itself was booked and it was rather odd to see the rest of the airport so quiet in contrast to the activity at the one gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island