Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingthe516 View Post
My story hasn't changed. I forgot the years that I get the money because I changed them multiple times. Other than that, everything has been consistent.
You're the cestui que trust but managed to change the dates many times

Is your grandfather, father and anyone else that trusted you the money still alive?

Depending on your answer I give you real advice

Last edited by BigMike50; 12-11-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 08:29 AM

56 posts, read 130,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
You're the cestui que trust but managed to change the dates many times

Is your grandfather, father and anyone else that trusted you the money still alive?

Depending on your answer I give you real advice
My dad set up the trust fund is alive.
Basically I was able to get the money when I as younger
and my dad helped me so that I wasn't able to touch it
until a later date so that I wouldn't waste the money.

Then the stocks that I'm supposed to get when I'm 27 are
from my grandfather who isn't alive anymore.

However, this has absolutely nothing to do with me moving to NY
and looking around for certain jobs for my husband and myself or
anything else I've posted about.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:07 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
I think some posters just don't understand what it is like to hate, and I mean HATE, the state where you now living. EVERYTHING from the weather, to the politics, to the majority of your fellow citizens. Money won't solve any of those things; only will be your means of getting OUT.

To the OP. My daughter was 30 when she moved to Florida. Several reasons but the major was that she wanted to be near us. BTW, I hate it there too. We both would sit around consoling each other. "Nothing but OLD PEOPLE". "I HATE year round Summer". "I would rather be DIRT POOR in New York than RICH in Florida". She posted her resume online to jobs on LI and got a phone interview and was hired from the phone call. Major national retail chain for a LP job. They wanted her to start in a week. My daughter called all her friends. One's roommate had just moved out and was looking for another. $500 a month and split utilities. Entire house in Lindenhurst. This all happened very, very fast. In total it took about 2 weeks. I suppose she was very lucky. She went back to New York with just the money for her airfare, on month's rent, and started her new job in 3 days. She lasted 4 months total in Florida. She's been back in NY now for 3 years. Does she regret moving back, even though she IS poorer now? Nope. She is very happy and just got engaged.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:20 PM

56 posts, read 130,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I think some posters just don't understand what it is like to hate, and I mean HATE, the state where you now living. EVERYTHING from the weather, to the politics, to the majority of your fellow citizens. Money won't solve any of those things; only will be your means of getting OUT.

To the OP. My daughter was 30 when she moved to Florida. Several reasons but the major was that she wanted to be near us. BTW, I hate it there too. We both would sit around consoling each other. "Nothing but OLD PEOPLE". "I HATE year round Summer". "I would rather be DIRT POOR in New York than RICH in Florida". She posted her resume online to jobs on LI and got a phone interview and was hired from the phone call. Major national retail chain for a LP job. They wanted her to start in a week. My daughter called all her friends. One's roommate had just moved out and was looking for another. $500 a month and split utilities. Entire house in Lindenhurst. This all happened very, very fast. In total it took about 2 weeks. I suppose she was very lucky. She went back to New York with just the money for her airfare, on month's rent, and started her new job in 3 days. She lasted 4 months total in Florida. She's been back in NY now for 3 years. Does she regret moving back, even though she IS poorer now? Nope. She is very happy and just got engaged.
Exactly!! I can't take this disgusting ALL YEAR heat that makes me feel gross and sweaty and get stir crazy half the time, among hating a lot of other things about Florida, like some of the things you mentioned.

Your daughter got VERY lucky and I'm glad she was able to do just fine there.

I think people assume that I think I'm going to just up and move to NY without looking for a job before I move, then expect to walk into any place and get a job making 1300 a month or something and get a place on my own right away. That is not the case.

I will be living for free, saving up whatever I make and only spend money on my car insurance. My cousin isn't asking for money, for anything. Not even groceries (although I will buy some of them). Plus we're not moving until we get our tax returns, which we'll both get a decent amount back so that'll help us start off.

Nobody can tell if we'll fail in our relocation or not unless they walked a mile in my shoes. I'm extremely dedicated to make this work and I'm positive it will. And if it doesn't? Well let's see... I'd be struggling my ass off here in Florida anyway and I'd rather be poor in NY than poor in Florida.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:28 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Maybe they're misreading what you say because your story keeps changing
What I want to know is... what happened to the $130,000 that she got when she was 20? Why would someone need to live for free if they got a buttload of money already from another trust fund? (how many trust funds does a person need? Honestly.)

No offense OP, but your cousin is a moron. My boyfriend just moved in and if you think I would ever let him (or anyone else) live with me for free, you are wrong on so many levels.

If you got $130,000 2 years ago, what happened to it? If you have money problems now b/c you spent all of it on worthless crap, then that is your own stupidity. If you have saved $130,000 and kept it in the bank...you shouldn't need to come here and live for free.

I'm confused b/c ya, your story keeps on changing. How someone has "money problems" on $130,000 is beyond me.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM

3 posts, read 5,308 times
I would think you would get a job pretty quick doing what you do. I moved out of L.I. in 2004 and recently did some checking and I cannot afford to live there right now...But I have a 12 year old, so that makes me a bit more worried. If I was alone without kids I would go for it for sure. I'm a single Mom and just cannot take the chance..Go for it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island