Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,151,936 times

Advertisements

A thread to help educate and confuse our Islander brothers and sisters about the world south of the Mason/Dixon line.

1. No matter what Pedro says, South of the Border in SC is not the capital of any southern state.
Moderator cut: advertisment

2. Mobile homes are more fun than any cape cod or ranch, and not nearly as tacky as a splanch.
http://drbukk.com/gmhom/images/aview.jpg (broken link)
Great Mobile Homes of Mississippi - The Trailer Park (http://drbukk.com/gmhom/park.html - broken link)
Other Great Mobile Homes (http://drbukk.com/gmhom/other.html - broken link)

3. Family is important. (I'm not sure if that gal is the mom, the sister or both)

4. There is a Kenny Chesney for every gal on LI.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-06-2007 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: advertisment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 09:32 PM

3,670 posts, read 6,580,974 times
So now what do we do, wait for Clamboy and Company to jump in and launch their witty missives?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,878,550 times
Well, I am sure there may be places in SC that one could find these things. But I have found a wonderful life down here. The nighbors are great and the schools have been good, as well. There is a nice mixture of transplants & southerners so I haven't felt out of place and everyone seems to co-exist peacefully.... not to mention some of the nicest beaches on the east coast.

This is what I have found in SC:

And $400k bought this house on a half acre on a lake & 1 mile from the beach (oh yeah... taxes were $1600 a year):

Old 09-05-2007, 09:49 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,151,936 times
Where be the hillbillies? Everyone knows there are only trailers and hillbillies south of New Jersey.

The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond. Weee doggies. Billy Joel was one of the investors to bring this lady back and would sometimes play piano in this lobby.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:11 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,680,506 times
Only problem is that its not in NY.
Its Fugazi to me pal.

You wont sell me.

CT maybe
Tarheel Nah

C

Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 AM

105 posts, read 496,675 times
I think the south (meaning anything south of New Jersey) is suited to some but not for others. DH and I have made a few trips to visit friends in the Carolinas and couldn't wait to get back home. It's just 'not for us' on so very many levels -- we could never envision either moving or retiring there. Long Island is the farthest south we would ever want to live. I'm a 12th-generation Yankee (my paternal ancestor came over on the Mayflower) and DH is British.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:40 PM

553 posts, read 1,935,891 times
Great pics from all. I just want to know baylover , why is there a for sale sighn in front of your house? Venture farther from the ocean and you will see more of the top pics. I will see if I can find some pics myself. And for those of you that say that stuff is not real, where did the pics come from?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:42 PM

oops hey clark street , I went to the chesney concert here at the garden the place was sold out . two years in a row. That boy can rock. allways a great show.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:49 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,372,210 times
Chesney lives near me in Brentwood, TN. But you need to see his house, its gated, has a lake, and a putting green. A large piece of Land. All brick as most houses are here. Not bad for a Hillbilly!

Diane

Old 09-07-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Chesney lives near me in Brentwood, TN. But you need to see his house, its gated, has a lake, and a putting green. A large piece of Land. All brick as most houses are here. Not bad for a Hillbilly!

Diane
Yea I know Tim and Faith are outside nashville. I saw Johnny cash's house in Hendersonville before it burnt down[beautifull area by the way] . The oak ridge boys live there as well. also saw Reba Mcintyre's ranch OMG. There is alot of money in TN . those hillbillies sure did well for themselves. Did you ever see the gaylord hotell? if not you have to, it is unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island