Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 PM

13 posts, read 38,683 times

Advertisements

Anybody have an update on the appeal that the Billy Dean owner was making to try to get a reversal on the rejected cabaret license for 3500 Sunrise Hwy in Wantagh? Im hoping that the court rejects him again. Would be a shame to have something like that in Wantagh. The last I hears it was postponed to July 25th as per the wantagh patch (link below).

Strip Club Owner's Appeal Postponed One Week - Wantagh-Seaford, NY Patch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 03:12 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Was wondering what they were going to put there. The past couple of bars/steak houses there just didnt make it. I suspect a strip joint would do very well. Wantagh is in need of a quality strip joint. Pequaman and I would appreciate one in Massapequa Park.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:38 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Was wondering what they were going to put there. The past couple of bars/steak houses there just didnt make it. I suspect a strip joint would do very well. Wantagh is in need of a quality strip joint. Pequaman and I would appreciate one in Massapequa Park.
Agreed. Except the Billy Dean places really aren't strip clubs. Way too upscale and no nudity. Just a notch above a Hooters. Nimby warriors like the OP have really put the screws to BD's. Not only have they gotten the town to crush the new place, but they are half-way to not renewing his parking variance for the old place in Bellmore. The one NO ONE has complained about and seems to be a decent neighbor and local business. More LI'ers cutting their nose to spite their face over phony "quality of life" issues. The place in Wantagh would probably be one of the nicest businesses on that strip. Oh well, always room for another Walgreens and god bless the new Arby's (which looks like it won't last longer than 2 years based on the lack of traffic or excitement). No White Castles, no gentleman's clubs, no hockey team, no development, no tax base. Oh yeah, we plod arrogantly along into the abyss. It's OK, 20 more years of Murray regime and they'll be begging for a new strip club or check cashing joint to open!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:37 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Mass Park would never allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Agreed. Except the Billy Dean places really aren't strip clubs. Way too upscale and no nudity. Just a notch above a Hooters. Nimby warriors like the OP have really put the screws to BD's. Not only have they gotten the town to crush the new place, but they are half-way to not renewing his parking variance for the old place in Bellmore. The one NO ONE has complained about and seems to be a decent neighbor and local business. More LI'ers cutting their nose to spite their face over phony "quality of life" issues. The place in Wantagh would probably be one of the nicest businesses on that strip. Oh well, always room for another Walgreens and god bless the new Arby's (which looks like it won't last longer than 2 years based on the lack of traffic or excitement). No White Castles, no gentleman's clubs, no hockey team, no development, no tax base. Oh yeah, we plod arrogantly along into the abyss. It's OK, 20 more years of Murray regime and they'll be begging for a new strip club or check cashing joint to open!
Are you sure they aren't strip clubs? "A notch above hooters" lol? I know they cover up their nipples, but IIRC lap dances are still readily available for $20. Deans used to be the best strip club in Nassau like 10-15 years ago. Always had the hottest girls.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:18 AM

5 posts, read 8,056 times
Quote:

I live behind it and while its a nice clean building etc I don't want my kids around something like that.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 AM

863 posts, read 2,108,255 times
Quote:

Chicargo here we come. The only difference is we will have fast food joints close by. We have to work some place to pay the property tax

Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Thread a year old and still no answer. In ToH obstruction..err, I mean development takes time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island