Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times

Advertisements

Where are the signs that say head-in parking only? Apparently there are none in Bethpage but that's where my wife got a ticket stating she disobeyed a sign. Today being her first day decided to roll up into an open spot in front of another spot making it rear-in instead of head-in.

Does everyone know about this rule? $120. Ridiculous. Looks like a court date in our future.

Last edited by ovi8; 09-10-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 04:55 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Something like that happened to me in Farmingdale & I told the person on the phone that the AARP 55 Alive advised us to park that way, that it was safer & I never heard anything else about it again.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Something like that happened to me in Farmingdale & I told the person on the phone that the AARP 55 Alive advised us to park that way, that it was safer & I never heard anything else about it again.
My mom said the same thing, because she got a ticket in Garden City once for the same thing. It is a dumb rule, I think it's to keep people from holding up traffic by backing in. Also, you'll occasionally get an accident where one person is pulling through and another is pulling in and both aren't paying attention (hard to believe).

Old 09-10-2012, 07:02 PM

169 posts, read 675,278 times
Default parking

It's on signs when you enter the parking lot, you cannot see it once you're in the lot.
Since stickers are attached to the rear bumper, no way "meter maids" can see whether you belong if you back in or pull through into another spot in front.

Got one of those when i started parking at LIRR hicksville, it's a part of the initiation process though a costly one

Old 09-10-2012, 07:39 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times
I fought one of these and won once. The ticket just said "NOT OBEYING SIGN" or something like that- and I went to Nassau Courts and just said, I have a convertible and when my top is down the back windows (where the permit is) goes down, and I didn't think about it.

I showed a copy of my permit, and they dismissed it not knowing the wiser that the ticket was for the strange BS rule about head in parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island