Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 AM

674 posts, read 1,155,631 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I live around Ronkonkoma area, I need to go to Brooklyn on Monday. I need to go around Metro Tech Center in Brooklyn. Can you advise if I should drive or take the train? If train, which train I should take. I know LIRR after that. If I choose to drive, is parking easy or paid parking? How much it will cost?

Please help, going to Brooklyn first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 07:03 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnyc View Post
Hi All,

I live around Ronkonkoma area, I need to go to Brooklyn on Monday. I need to go around Metro Tech Center in Brooklyn. Can you advise if I should drive or take the train? If train, which train I should take. I know LIRR after that. If I choose to drive, is parking easy or paid parking? How much it will cost?

You can use the MTA trip planner to figure what subway train to take:
MTA NYCT - Trip Planner+

Old 02-09-2013, 07:58 AM

674 posts, read 1,155,631 times
Is MTA train the best choice, is driving better? Is it easy to find a parking spot around that area?

Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 AM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
I would take the LIRR right into Atlantic Avenue and walk to Metro tech. I am pretty sure it is not that far. It is right on the same street (Flatbush Avenue). If it is cold, just take a bus that will be right in front of the LIRR Terminal on Flatbush. Get off at Jay Street.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 AM

325 posts, read 737,410 times
It's a bit of hike and Flatbush Ave isn't the nicest walk for multiple reasons. I'd advise taking the subway (N or R) to Jay Street Metro Tech (appropriately enough). You can catch the subway right in Atlantic Terminal and it will let you off right in front of Metro Tech.

If you prefer driving, it's a pretty easy route since it's right off the BQE. You'll have to contend with very heavy weekday traffic and parking is nearly impossible in the part of Brooklyn. I wouldn't advise it.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 AM

27 posts, read 77,833 times
Quote:
Hi All,

Take the LIRR to Atlantic Terminal, then take the 2, 3, 4, or 5 to Nevins st, or Borough Hall. Very simple. You'll have to walk a bit either way, and the area is pretty safe. No need to worry.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:33 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,038,658 times
Quote:
Hi All,

I would take LIRR to Atlantic Terminal. It is about a 15 to 20 minute walk from there. Neighborhood is fine around there if you choose to walk. There are some parking garages around there, no more than $20 or so. Street parking is horrible.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:30 PM

3,524 posts, read 5,705,294 times
What time do you need to be there in Brooklyn?

If its in the AM Rush,

Take the 6:56 out of Ronkonkoma, its a direct to Atlantic Terminal train, no transfer @ Jamaica.

Then take the R train from there to MetroTech and take the front stairs, it will leave your right outside MetroTech

Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM

863 posts, read 2,108,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h-tonian View Post
It's a bit of hike and Flatbush Ave isn't the nicest walk for multiple reasons. I'd advise taking the subway (N or R) to Jay Street Metro Tech (appropriately enough). You can catch the subway right in Atlantic Terminal and it will let you off right in front of Metro Tech.

If you prefer driving, it's a pretty easy route since it's right off the BQE. You'll have to contend with very heavy weekday traffic and parking is nearly impossible in the part of Brooklyn. I wouldn't advise it.

I would beg to differ about Flathbush Avenue. I feel safer walking there than some parts of Long Island

Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
For the people that say the walk from Atlantic Terminal to the Metrotech is a "bit of hike"... you have been living in the suburbs too long.

10 minute walk isn't going to kill anyone, and the area is gentrified enough that its safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island